British Speedway Forum
boston five

Somerset Team Changes

This is a big own goal by the Rebels' promotion. Their public saw a terrific match, and Stefan Neilsen giving everything to their cause last night, yet he is dumped after the meeting. Supporters might like success, but not at any price. I thought that was about the best match I've seen this year at the OTA, yet all we are talking about today is the reserves being sacked. Bad PR.

• Like 6

This is a big own goal by the Rebels' promotion. Their public saw a terrific match, and Stefan Neilsen giving everything to their cause last night, yet he is dumped after the meeting. Supporters might like success, but not at any price. I thought that was about the best match I've seen this year at the OTA, yet all we are talking about today is the reserves being sacked. Bad PR.

Must admit, the actions and behaviour of some folks in charge at Somerset are 'anything at any price'. They had to apologise in the last year for cheering when one of our guys fell off, even though a previous faller in the first run of that heat meant they were assured of the overall win. Not a good example to be copied by their supporters.

Quite harsh to sack them just before the deadline so they haven't a chance to find another club

Edited by ren
  • Like 3

Top post. Judging by last night Stefan is the most popular rider on the terraces, he gives 110% and is young and got a future. Very disappointed at this decision,

Whilst I can understand dropping Lambert (apologies, I hate saying anything like that) the removal of Nielsen is almost unbelieveable. On 2013 form the lad has added 1.59 points to his starting average and is easily in my 'Top 20 Most Improved Riders' - 12th place at the end of July!

Wish he had a chance to go to a club that would appreciate him! I can think of one immediately!

Accepted, i'm not a Rebels fan but i feel very sorry for Stefan. Any young rider who puts nearly 2 points on his starting average in his first season, in turn helping Somerset into the box seat for the league and cup i think deserved the chance to get to go for the honours.

Just wondering if the northern tour had anything to do with it,both reserves for the Waspels were really struggling at all three venues.

Who's in then?

Charles Wright and Lewis Rose apparently

Quite harsh to sack them just before the deadline so they haven't a chance to find another club

Absolutely. Hopefully, the BSPA MC might give special dispensation if either or both were to be invited to fill in for an injured rider elsewhere, even if the "transfer window" has passed.

• Like 1

Cheers Badge, At least being replaced with 2 Brits.....

So Nielsen scores a 15 paid max on 14th and 2 weeks later is dropped, how bizarre!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Im still trying to understand, the thinking behind this, Stefan has earned his place it the rebels Team, and did not deserve to be dropped, obviously he had upset someone, because this cannot be justified by the points he has scored. I think the management need to come out, and clear up the real reason behind this. I cannot see the 2 replacements scoring any more than Stefan would have done.

Seem a big shame that the lads points have helped a fine Somerset team make the play-offs yet now he will take no part in what I think will be a league winning season for them

Charles Wright and Lewis Rose apparently

while Charles Wright is outstanding in NL, but he has had a number of chances in PL and fails to maintain his form for any length of time ,dropping Neilsen seems to be a bit harsh.We don't know what is going on behind the scenes though.
  • Like 1