British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

Elsmere Port would be handy for Ritchie then, pity they closed :oops:

Edited by comet49

Newcastle must stick with Sundays our best crowds are on Sundays, not Mondays. I wish Richie well, his ambitions lie on a higher level and good luck to him. Go on kidda and do it on the biggest stage. If it doesn't work out we will be happy to have you back.

I hope our promoters can attract good riders for 2014 and that they can retain the best of our 2013 team. The Kerminator has to come back next year. He is likely to surpass Richies scores in 2014

Edited by dantodan

Newcastle need to start earlier than 630pm when there's no football on!! Far too late to get to the club for a decent pint afterwards, and too late to bring the kids as it often finishes 830-9pm when they have school the next day!! 5pm/530 would do fine :)

I can almost guarantee Newcastle won't switch back to a Monday.

Monday night matches are always less well attended than Sunday evening matches.

The last time we switched back to the old 'favorite' night was in, i think 2001, and that was to accomodate Bjarne, who said he wanted to ride in Poland. He didn't, of course, and we then ran the new Gems in the CL on a Sunday in 2002, but in 2003 we returned back to Sunday racing, combining the PL and the CL meetings on Sunday afternoons.

As has been said, Monday is not supported now as well as a Sunday, and we have even changed the start of racing several times, eventually settling for the present time of 6.30pm.

Some people can make one day, and others prefer another day, it really is by trial and error to find the right day, and sometimes peoples week patterns change and they can then make the day that they couldn't.

At one time there was only one day for Speedway at Newcastle, and that was a MONDAY, but things change and everyone has to move with the times to stand still.

Newcastle need to start earlier than 630pm when there's no football on!! Far too late to get to the club for a decent pint afterwards, and too late to bring the kids as it often finishes 830-9pm when they have school the next day!! 5pm/530 would do fine :)

We did try it early, but in the summer we found that once a family was out for the day, they stayed out, and missed the Speedway. We tried 7.00pm but settled for 6.30pm to allow times for the kids to get home when it was a school day on the Monday.

• Like 1

Fair play to Ritchie Worrall for wanting to further his career by taking on Poland,lets hope he gets enough fixtures for it to be worth while.If he does decide to ride in the PL but not for a sunday track then its safe to say its unlikely to be Redcar.

Fair play to Ritchie Worrall for wanting to further his career by taking on Poland,lets hope he gets enough fixtures for it to be worth while.If he does decide to ride in the PL but not for a sunday track then its safe to say its unlikely to be Redcar.

why not ???,,, if Richie does'nt wanna do Newcastle, and fancies Redcar, I'd be happy to swap him for Summers

• Like 1

The last time we switched back to the old 'favorite' night was in, i think 2001, and that was to accomodate Bjarne, who said he wanted to ride in Poland. He didn't, of course, and we then ran the new Gems in the CL on a Sunday in 2002, but in 2003 we returned back to Sunday racing, combining the PL and the CL meetings on Sunday afternoons.

As has been said, Monday is not supported now as well as a Sunday, and we have even changed the start of racing several times, eventually settling for the present time of 6.30pm.

Some people can make one day, and others prefer another day, it really is by trial and error to find the right day, and sometimes peoples week patterns change and they can then make the day that they couldn't.

At one time there was only one day for Speedway at Newcastle, and that was a MONDAY, but things change and everyone has to move with the times to stand still.

We did try it early, but in the summer we found that once a family was out for the day, they stayed out, and missed the Speedway. We tried 7.00pm but settled for 6.30pm to allow times for the kids to get home when it was a school day on the Monday.

They shod remember that though when taking intervals etc, and maybe actually start a meeting on time :)
  • Like 1

They shod remember that though when taking intervals etc, and maybe actually start a meeting on time :)

I agree with you. It is beneficial to grade after every 4 heats, and possibly before heat 15 given there is spare time, but I have never been a fan of an interval. Many a time we have lost our momentum and been in fear of losing a meeting, as it gives the away team more time to work things out, whilst the home team usually knows the usual options in terms of the track and their bike settings.

At Brough, there is plenty of spare in terms of medical personnel, track staff, etc to send someone in to get some cups for their colleagues. What annoys most fans is, after grading and stoppages for crashes, we still have an interval when everyone wants to just get on with it.

• Like 4

why not ???,,, if Richie does'nt wanna do Newcastle, and fancies Redcar, I'd be happy to swap him for Summers

NOOO!! :mad:

Aaron Summers :mad:

Also does anyone think that pepe franc will ever come back?

Got more chance of him coming from the back I'd think :)

If u ride on a sunday still i dont think u will as he dose his long Track most weekends.

What about Kozza Smith as Number one ?

Just sold all his speedway bikes, looks likely to concentrate on longtrack

Got more chance of him coming from the back I'd think :)

really ???,,, who'd a thought,,, are well,,, it takes allsorts,,,

If u ride on a sunday still i dont think u will as he dose his long Track most weekends.

he falls off too much at Newcastle,,, shame like,,, cos he's gotta cool name :-(

Thats a shame, liked him when he rode for us.

And i do like kozza smith but not as a number 1 :) (good suggestion though)

• Like 1