British Speedway Forum
lionking

Worst Presenters

Porky is dreadful I can just about put up with the drivel between races but not the last lap commentary, that should be outlawed

I think he is pretty good but can't agree more about the last lap commentary. He's by no means the only one who does it.

Porky is dreadful I can just about put up with the drivel between races but not the last lap commentary, that should be outlawed

I think he is pretty good but can't agree more about the last lap commentary. He's by no means the only one who does it.

Paul Hudson was pretty good at Reading intill they closed down .

• Like 2

I think Dick Barrie is very good. Always tries to get the crowd going - and I don't mean going home!!

Agree with you,hes not my cup of tea but he certainly knows his stuff.

• Like 1

yes he knows the sport but .....even havvy chewing a highland toffee is easier to understand.:)
  • Like 2

yes he knows the sport but .....even havvy chewing a highland toffee is easier to understand. :)

hahahaha classic!!!

Mr Barrie at Berwick tells us about the race we`ve just watched,like we dont know what was going on. :blink:

I agree, last season against Scunthorpe, he talked virtually for the full match! Nearly all waffle, managed to filter him out after a few heats, thank god!

• Like 1

I like him :D

:lol: :lol: ,Not like you to be that quick.... :wink::P

:lol: :lol: ,Not like you to be that quick.... :wink::P

I've been waiting ages for the opportunity to post that ;):D

I agree, last season against Scunthorpe, he talked virtually for the full match! Nearly all waffle, managed to filter him out after a few heats, thank god!

were lucky we stand at the ist bend , when dick barrie waffles on the mike you cant hear a thing at 1st bend . so thats the place to stand
  • Like 2

Don't you find he keeps repeating himself? :wink: :wink: :wink:

• Like 1

I dont think Porky is dreadful, I'm just not a fan of his over the top style, and when he calls us "yummy brummies" :blink: . He whips up the crowd pretty well and I must admit I have heard and seen some funny things involving him. Like at a Dudley match when he tripped over the tapes and went flying head first on the straight!!

What i do like about him, is at least he appreciates the away following, once he's ribbed them anyway :D . The last Wolves/Brummies match there were a good number of brummies fans that made the trip and as it finished thanked us for making the trip which was a nice touch.

My favorite presenter is Chris Simpson, call me biased if you like but he does a great job at Brum and what a change it was from Peter Yorke who did the first year at Brum. Another guy I like is Kevin Coombes who does Eastbourne, very good when I was there a few years back.

Porkie at wolves, yorkie any where, the couple at Leicester, does anybody remember the bloke at carmarthen he wasnt on the centre green, in the box, never had to re-fill in my programme so much in my life wanted to kill the bloke.

the most annoying for me is the bloke at peterborough again not on the centre but in the box, will insisit on telling you things about the rider as he tells you the result.

the best at the moment has got to be dave rowe, clear voice, tells the result as it is.

Think the most annoying presenter I've come across is the new King's Lynn one.He doesn't shut up.He sounds like he should be selling fruit and veg on a market stall,rather than presenting at a speedway meeting.

• Like 1

Never met a Berwick fan who likes him.

Another guy I like is Kevin Coombes who does Eastbourne, very good when I was there a few years back.

Agreed. I was impressed with him.

Think the most annoying presenter I've come across is the new King's Lynn one.He doesn't shut up.He sounds like he should be selling fruit and veg on a market stall,rather than presenting at a speedway meeting.

He can't possibly be much worse than the last incumbent, Adz.