British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Stoke (nl) - Thursday 5th September 2013

what has that got to do with anything no relevance what so ever.. Bridger is a loose cannon something's obviously missing in his head thus makes a liability in speedway he needs to grow up as simple as that.

Your correct it has no relevance what so ever. Boyce assaulted someone bridger didn't.

Good to see Steve W in the points. All the best to the young man injured and a speedy recovery as he was really coming together this year. Not sure where Stoke go from the season they have had. Long winter I feel, although speedway as a whole has to change in the way it is put together to get me back to tracks which will never happen,

Your correct it has no relevance what so ever. Boyce assaulted someone bridger didn't.

Ah, so all the witnesses saw something that didn't happen.

Bridger took to twitter to ramble incoherently about something that didn't happen.

After all he only 'put his head to Lamberts head'. Ah well, Boyce only put his hand to Gollobs head too.

The tweets from Bridger after the meeting summed him up in a nutshell and he was revelling in the attention of those egging him on.

• Like 1

That's not legally correct.

To commit an assault you don't have to physically hit someone. You just have to make them genuinely believe there is an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

At common law, an assault is an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

The term is often confused with battery, which involves physical contact.

Therefore the situation as described does seem to be an assault. But not battery.

• Like 1

I think the point Bryn was making is that if Lambert is considered man enough to compete professionally in a dangerous sport with riders potentially twice his age then he shouldn't and probably doesn't expect to be treated any differently to any other rider.

Bridger would have reacted the same way whoever was involved in the incident but it would have been a non event if it was an older rider.

Equally im sure Lambert is probably embarrassed by the patronising portrayals of him being an abused child rather than a professional sportsman and is more than capable of dealing with this type of handbags situation that incidents on track often provoke.

• Like 2

you talk nonsense,partners & parents know riders medical backgrounds and are sometimes vital in assisting the great work the medics do on the track.

I am glad rose is ok after last nights crash.

rubbish, we arnt talking about some sort of disease or common bloody cold where you would need medical history... That happens upon arrival at the hospital or once the casualty is stable....what medical history would the paramedics need when they are treating a broken leg, or a cut or something...used to be this for years but has now changed.

Danger

Response

Airway

Breathing

Circulation

Not.... hold on pet, has your jimmy took some paracetamol in the last 4 hours.

Plus family members are usually upset and can hinder the process.... Ask any paramedic and they will tell you the same.

Let the professionals do their job.... Simple!! Staggering to think you think otherwise Dr Shipman :)

• Like 2

I think the point Bryn was making is that if Lambert is considered man enough to compete professionally in a dangerous sport with riders potentially twice his age then he shouldn't and probably doesn't expect to be treated any differently to any other rider.

Bridger would have reacted the same way whoever was involved in the incident but it would have been a non event if it was an older rider.

Equally im sure Lambert is probably embarrassed by the patronising portrayals of him being an abused child rather than a professional sportsman and is more than capable of dealing with this type of handbags situation that incidents on track often provoke.

The problem was though, that Bridger's reaction came some 20-30 minutes after the accident. Not being funny but regardless of the accident most people would have calmed their heads by then.

Everyone was just stunned by the reaction. Lambert, Kerr, Allitt, Lyon, Buster, Kerr's mechanic & the start marshall I think were just chatting away, minding there own business and Bridger just streamed into Lambert, going nose to nose. Bridger went to nut the lad and Kerr pushed Bridger away and that's when Bridger properly flipped his lid

It was not acceptable to behave in that manor.

Heat of the moment stuff people can accept but this wasn't anything of the sort I'm afraid.

Hopefully, the club have put plans in place and put a ban on Bridger from attending the Norfolk Arena except for when racing

• Like 1

The problem was though, that Bridger's reaction came some 20-30 minutes after the accident. Not being funny but regardless of the accident most people would have calmed their heads by then.

Everyone was just stunned by the reaction. Lambert, Kerr, Allitt, Lyon, Buster, Kerr's mechanic & the start marshall I think were just chatting away, minding there own business and Bridger just streamed into Lambert, going nose to nose. Bridger went to nut the lad and Kerr pushed Bridger away and that's when Bridger properly flipped his lid

It was not acceptable to behave in that manor.

Heat of the moment stuff people can accept but this wasn't anything of the sort I'm afraid.

Hopefully, the club have put plans in place and put a ban on Bridger from attending the Norfolk Arena except for when racing

No I wasn't there but there clearly was an assault, one that nobody seems to have picked up on. Read the bit in bold.

I'm not making excuses for Bridger or Kerr just pointing out an incident reported by someone who was an eye witness :P If Bridger hadn't been involved would this have even made 7 posts let alone 7 ruddy pages.

• Like 1

No I wasn't there but there clearly was an assault, one that nobody seems to have picked up on. Read the bit in bold.

I'm not making excuses for Bridger or Kerr just pointing out an incident reported by someone who was an eye witness :P If Bridger hadn't been involved would this have even made 7 posts let alone 7 ruddy pages.

kerr was just sticking up for the bairn, like any grown man would :)
  • Like 1

kerr was just sticking up for the bairn, like any grown man would :)

Technically it was still an assault. As I said I'm not sticking up for anyone but some of the comments on here are laughable. It's a mans sport, ridden by men, some have had fewer birthdays than others and some have fewer brain cells than others.

• Like 1

The other thing of note about Lewis Rose and his accident was that NO COUNTY AMBULANCE was available to take him to hospital, isn't that ridiculous and disgusting!!

• Like 1

Technically it was still an assault. As I said I'm not sticking up for anyone but some of the comments on here are laughable. It's a mans sport, ridden by men, some have had fewer birthdays than others and some have fewer brain cells than others.

so you'd be of the same opinion should a grown man headbutt or even attempt to headbutt your son??.... Thought so.

The other thing of note about Lewis Rose and his accident was that NO COUNTY AMBULANCE was available to take him to hospital, isn't that ridiculous and disgusting!!

Welcome to the NHS, staff have to make judgement calls. As I understood it EOEAS gave an estimated arrival time of one hour, presumably because all available resources were deployed elsewhere possibly with life threatening cases possibly with idiots who use ambulances as free taxis!!!! Because the injuries, althought potentially serious were not life threatening, the medics in attendance presumably decided to use the resource that was on the scene in the best interests of the patient. Imagine the uproar if an EOEAS vehicle had attended which meant a cardiac patient had to wait and the worst happened.

so you'd be of the same opinion should a grown man headbutt or even attempt to headbutt your son??.... Thought so.

I haven't got a son :P Read my posts more carefully, I was not and still am not making excuses for anyone involved - Bridger, Kerr or Lambert. I was merely pointing out a fact as posted by an eye witness.

rubbish, we arnt talking about some sort of disease or common bloody cold where you would need medical history... That happens upon arrival at the hospital or once the casualty is stable....what medical history would the paramedics need when they are treating a broken leg, or a cut or something...used to be this for years but has now changed.

Danger

Response

Airway

Breathing

Circulation

Not.... hold on pet, has your jimmy took some paracetamol in the last 4 hours.

Plus family members are usually upset and can hinder the process.... Ask any paramedic and they will tell you the same.

Let the professionals do their job.... Simple!! Staggering to think you think otherwise Dr Shipman :)

I have known many track paramedics and your idea of keeping a parent or wife away from the injured rider is wrong and not what many paramedics would advice that I know.

I guess you have experience of being in a bad crash or knowing someone close being in one.

Put it this way if I had son who had a bad crash nobody would stop me going over.

Blimey you must have long and hard about how to get a anti poole/Darcy comment on this thread, well done , great committment to your obsession

OK, so when this incident is treated any different to the Oz example my main point still rests.