Its on 'black days' like this when you tot up how much is spent on :-

Season tickets

Transport

Food

Speedway related clothing

Speedway Star

Sky Sports Movies and Sport

TIME

That you realise how much opportunity cost has been wasted over the years.

What we will miss the most is the people and the banter - not sure we will miss the bodged up product mislabelled as "Elite League Speedway 2014'

Terry

Good to hear from you Tel, not for much longer unless there's a miracle of some sort :(

Awful News. really sad that British Speedway will lose ( IMHO) the best racing circuit we have. I guess No one can blame Frost for walking away if he has done 500k on the Sport, there must come a time when the ligght bulb cmes on and he thinks of better things to do with his dosh.

Awful News. really sad that British Speedway will lose ( IMHO) the best racing circuit we have. I guess No one can blame Frost for walking away if he has done 500k on the Sport, there must come a time when the ligght bulb cmes on and he thinks of better things to do with his dosh.

It's like you dropping 5p:

Frost added: “There are losses at Peterborough every year but myself and Julie are very fortunate in that our companies make a lot of money.

“Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. Financing the club has been part of our advertising and branding budget.

Why did Frost pay his riders money he couldn't afford? He knew what the crowd numbers were, he's been involved for long enough!

Have to say it was always top dollar to support Lynn at Boro, be it carparking, entrance or programme! Let alone the £30 diesel cost! Always enjoyed the racing/banter though :-)

I think the added problem of fitting in more fixtures, with the established difficulties of regular availability of the EOES, may also have been an issue!

• Like 1

Humphrey I object to that, I and many other Panthers fans were disappointed when Oxford closed not least because it was a track close enough to travel too to watch my team.

Oxford fans voted with their feet when Horton put the team together and that's why Horton pulled out, all EL clubs struggle with crowds ALL of them, Panthers are no worse than many others so if Peterborough are losing thousands do you really think the rest are any different, Birmingham cough , Swindon cough, and I was told that even Poole were struggling with crowds by someone who would know.

The league needs to pay less to riders, pay what they can afford, if that's only £75 a point then that's it.

Far Cough? ;)

Nothing to do with money then!!!!!

I did say 'added' problem!! When you're losing money anyway due in part to low crowds, why commit to extra stadium rentals and costs etc?!

When you're losing money anyway due in part to low crowds,

because of pissing around with the race night,, :o

Who wants to watch regular home speedway meetings on a Monday night?

Who wants to tackle the M11/A14/A1 on a Friday night?

Thursday was always the best race night at the EOES in my opinion - a great night out building up to the weekend without having to worry about SGP's? ;)

Edited by Flyin Panther

Oxford fans voted with their feet when Horton put the team together and that's why Horton pulled out

I don't think publicly winding-up the fans particularly helped, and certainly burning bridges with the stadium ensured the final nail in the coffin of the sport there.

Rick Frost I'm afraid and will always be remembered as one of the ones who nearly killed British speedway in 2010

So very naive and blinkered. Frost tried to break the monopoly, unfortunately the secret hand shakers were too many and scared to stand up. Those that challenged him have done a fantastic job and EL speedway is thriving, right? Phew! Imagine how bad it might have got if he and Cov had got their way and rid Speedway of the corruptness, created an independent committee and ultimately a level playing field. That would have been disastrous.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 9

Successful Businessmen dont become successful by giving Money away. Maybe he looked on it as a bit of a hobby. Could it be hes just had enough and decided to walk away. When Frost took the Panthers on was there a queue of willing investors ?

• Like 1

Successful Businessmen dont become successful by giving Money away. Maybe he looked on it as a bit of a hobby. Could it be hes just had enough and decided to walk away. When Frost took the Panthers on was there a queue of willing investors ?

Depends how much they've got. Frost falls into the shedload category finding something to do with his loose change. Had enough of the BSPA (which is probably reciprocal come to that) would be my guess. Horton told Frost there were no takers but that was probably more a case of nobody was ever going to match Frost's financial clout. Why look elsewhere?