British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Thank God That's Over - Thoughts Of The 2013 Season

If Poole win this year it should show the passion we have even after such a terrible year, to rebuild any and again, not accept defeat and push on. It will be a well deserved win for all involved with POOLE.

• Like 2

If Poole win this year it should show the passion we have even after such a terrible year, to rebuild any and again, not accept defeat and push on. It will be a well deserved win for all involved with POOLE.

How?

The injury to Holder was the only down point and you were able to replace him with a 2x world champion and world number 4!!

Terrible years are what happened to Lakeside last year.

Bad years are Kings Lynn this year with injuries.

Matt Ford has done well to replace riders but that only happened because of Wards injury.

terrible year makes it sounds like it was all against Poole this year and that is a million miles from the truth.

Only 8 more days to go and it will all be over! Unless you are a Belle Vue, Eastbourne or Peterborough fan of course...they have to hold out a bit longer.

Absolutely spot on. Whilst other teams have lost riders through injury, none have been hit as hard as the Pirates with Darcy out for a long period, only for Noddy to miss half the season due to a terrible and quite honestly avoidable incident at Coventry. For air fences to fail so miserably to protect as that one did is unacceptable.

But with our promotion, who will never give up the fight, we have got this far, beyond all expectations.

If we win the title it will be a stunning acheivement and one to go down in the books as probably one of the best comebacks since Lazarus.

Really looking forward to these two meetings. Whatever the result it's been a hell of a rollercoaster ride being a Pirates fan in 2013.

Only 8 more days to go and it will all be over! Unless you are a Belle Vue, Eastbourne or Peterborough fan of course...they have to hold out a bit longer.

Poole still have two more meetings after tomorrow night. KK's testimonial and the "Star Studded Poole Blue Riband" with a lineup as good as the GP series, so we are told.

Absolutely spot on. Whilst other teams have lost riders through injury, none have been hit as hard as the Pirates with Darcy out for a long period, only for Noddy to miss half the season due to a terrible and quite honestly avoidable incident at Coventry. For air fences to fail so miserably to protect as that one did is unacceptable.

But with our promotion, who will never give up the fight, we have got this far, beyond all expectations.

If we win the title it will be a stunning acheivement and one to go down in the books as probably one of the best comebacks since Lazarus.

Really looking forward to these two meetings. Whatever the result it's been a hell of a rollercoaster ride being a Pirates fan in 2013.

Poole still have two more meetings after tomorrow night. KK's testimonial and the "Star Studded Poole Blue Riband" with a lineup as good as the GP series, so we are told.

Kk meeting put back to 2014.

OK he might be back in the Poole lineup at the start of 2014 so will get a bigger crowd.

pure trolling

comedy gold Shovlar as usual.

Tell a Kings Lynn or Wolves fan that you have been hit hardest!

joke that he gets a testimonial in the first place. services to British speedway hahahaha

then again he may ride for Poole next year so best you defend him

Gavan, I suggest you look up in a dictionary what "trolling" means, then look in the mirror.

it really hindered you losing Ward because at the time you were pretty much bottom. Once Ward was injured you (and good business by Ford) bought in Pawlicki THJ and Josh and the 2 useless Poles went.

You then started winning matches.

So although Darcy is a world class rider his loss to injury actually helped you move up the table didnt it!

So to say it affected you is just more complete and utter rubbish that you spout.

Dont come back with the line that any if any team lost world class rider it would affect them isnt necessarily true if you can change other areas of the team.

Gavan, I suggest you look up in a dictionary what "trolling" means, then look in the mirror.

again perfect response to my question.

do you avoid questions or simply cant engage in debate

do you avoid questions or simply cant engage in debate

I only bother to debate with people who have a bit of intellect. Not trolls who can hardly string a sentence together without going off on some bizarre, irrational rant against a club I support.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I only bother to debate with people who have a bit of interlect. Not trolls who can hardly string a sentence together without going off on some bizarre, irrational rant against a club I support.

so its bizzare and irrational is it to ask why you dont believe Wards injury helped you in the long term.

so its bizarre and irrational to ask why its ok for Ward to cheat and not Kildemand

so its bizarre and irrational to ask why you said Poole v Swindon will provide the winner yet now say they are underdogs

This isnt a rant at Poole its called discussion points.

you know discussions you have them on forums.

i could rant massively about Matt Ford and all the other stuff this season but i havent.

If you could reply by answering the above questions and without writing

anti-poole

hitting his keyboard in frustration

or anything else in that vein i will be stunned

Gavan,

You should have realised by now that Shovlar only responds to those points that he wants to. Like a third-rate politician, he cherry picks what he wants to answer. Even then, his responses are not constructed with any logic, but simply a brain-washed perspective in support of his corrupt promotion.

His constant defence of the indefensible speaks volumes about him as a person.

If he was a Lakeside supporter, I'd actually be embarrassed to even be associated with him if I'm honest.

Prime example? Well old chap, look no further than his opening line above (Quote) "I only bother to debate with people that have a bit of interlect".

'A bit of interlect'?

It's INTELLECT you utter pleb!

• Like 4

Gavan,

You should have realised by now that Shovlar only responds to those points that he wants to. Like a third-rate politician, he cherry picks what he wants to answer. Even then, his responses are not constructed with any logic, but simply a brain-washed perspective in support of his corrupt promotion.

I agree entirely, though it's not whether he wants to, he's unable to. He's completely unable to debate on any level.

How?

The injury to Holder was the only down point and you were able to replace him with a 2x world champion and world number 4!!

Terrible years are what happened to Lakeside last year.

Bad years are Kings Lynn this year with injuries.

Matt Ford has done well to replace riders but that only happened because of Wards injury.

terrible year makes it sounds like it was all against Poole this year and that is a million miles from the truth.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::D

It's INTELLECT you utter pleb!

Just a heads up. Attack the post not the poster.

And I will not be bullied by you, or anyone else who throws abuse in my direction.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1