British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Interesting signing by Poole. The difference between Milik and Lebedevs is that I bet MF will ensure that Milik has top equipment which sadly Lebedevs never had at King's Lynn last season which is why we never saw his true potential.

Pawlicki, Sundstrom, Ulamek, Kenni Larsen, Michael Jepsen Jensen or even Kolodziej.
Plenty of choice out there for ambitious teambuilding.

Obviously Pawlicki has to be the first choice by far the best rider on the list and there should be some interesting meetings with his brother at Wolves, definately going to monmore next season.

Interesting signing by Poole. The difference between Milik and Lebedevs is that I bet MF will ensure that Milik has top equipment which sadly Lebedevs never had at King's Lynn last season which is why we never saw his true potential.

Surely up to the rider to get the best equipment he can afford, don't think Milik will suffer with poor equipment looking at what he brought to the gp challenge, a meeting which he cannot of expected much from. just hope Lee Smart has decent equipment, maybe wouldn't make much difference if he had!!

The rules say that any 'untried' foreign rider that hasn't got an average from the Swedish or Polish senior leagues can come in on an assessed 4 points, so well done MF for keeping track of him..

2 EL clubs were after Milik so there was clearly an awareness of his availability - and he chose Poole, even though the other club looked to be in the driving seat for his signature!.

To score 5 points (including a fall) in the GP challenge at Poole should enable him to score at least his average if not a little more. It'll take a while on the away tracks however!!

Why is it, that when there is talk of a conspiracy, or an controversy, that some fans don't agree with, Poole and Matt Ford are always involved

Strange that...... .

Be careful GRW123, Poole fans will think you are being anti Poole because you state what everyone is saying ;-).

Not sure if you have trouble reading or are just dim, but people aren't jumping on Poole and Lord Ford (yet), just questioning why a rider who rode in the U21 finals and the GP challenge is a four. Perfectly reasonable question IMO, whoever signed him.

Personally I wouldn't swap him for either of Lynn's second strings and I'd imagine the same would apply for supporters of most other EL sides, so as usual you are wide of the mark with the jealousy card.

That is the point, it IS a reasonable question to ask. The protest of some kids nobody.

I think the confusion is why a rider like Tobiasz Musielak receives an assessed average of six, whereas Vaclav Milik is a four.

Is there a list of all the foreign riders and their assessed averages, or are they simply made up as we go along?

Exactly. If only the BSPA would release a list that features all riders not currently riding in the EL and what their EL averages would be - including the assessed ones. Seems a transparent thing to me to expect.

The rules say that any 'untried' foreign rider that hasn't got an average from the Swedish or Polish senior leagues can come in on an assessed 4 points, so well done MF for keeping track of him..

2 EL clubs were after Milik so there was clearly an awareness of his availability - and he chose Poole, even though the other club looked to be in the driving seat for his signature!.

To score 5 points (including a fall) in the GP challenge at Poole should enable him to score at least his average if not a little more. It'll take a while on the away tracks however!!

Those `rules` surely don't apply anymore, hence why they made a big think of changing assessed averages this season.

I am sure those rules certainly did apply until this season but doubt there is anything written on that now!

Edited by stevebrum

I thought the other team were favourites to sign Milik but chose to go another direction thus giving Poole the chance to sign him?.

Those `rules` surely don't apply anymore, hence why they made a big think of changing assessed averages this season.

I am sure those rules certainly did apply until this season but doubt there is anything written on that now!

Of course they don't Steve. They apply to everybody bar Poole. Hey, wait for it, down boys, Stevebrum and Steve0, who could our last signing be? Be ready with your pen and Calculator, we might be pulling a stroke!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Of course they don't Steve. They apply to everybody bar Poole. Hey, wait for it, down boys, Stevebrum and Steve0, who could our last signing be? Be ready with your pen and Calculator, we might be pulling a stroke!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

I see the persecution complex hasn't improved in time for Xmas. :rofl:

Think its obvious to most that Shamek is the last signing anyway.

Don't know why all the ????? On miliks average. He's a 4 simple as.

Doesn't ride in any top leagues. Doesn't even ride in Sweden.

No problem with the 4 point average

For me he will eventually settle in over here an ride above his 4 point average.

Good signing for Poole this

Best post on the matter so far

• Like 1

How would I know?? I couldn't give a gnat's @rse who your last signing is.

Merry Christmas by the way

• Like 1

I see the persecution complex hasn't improved in time for Xmas. :rofl:

Think its obvious to most that Shamek is the last signing anyway.

No persecution complex just facts and the fact is Porsing who rode in the polish div 1 gets a 4 point average, all accepted nobody questioned it yet Milik who rode in div 2 gets a 4 point average but its poole so it gets questioned,we must have fiddled it he should be. a 5 etc
  • Like 1

No persecution complex just facts and the fact is Porsing who rode in the polish div 1 gets a 4 point average, all accepted nobody questioned it yet Milik who rode in div 2 gets a 4 point average but its poole so it gets questioned,we must have fiddled it he should be. a 5 etc

Green eyed monster :)

• Like 2

Surely Darcy is the only Poole rider 'gurranteed' to finish the season with the Pirates (subject to injury)..

Everyone else is liable to be kicked-out for 'under-performing or replaced by a 'bigger hitter' if they do well...

It's proved to be the normal practice down your way :o

Love or loathe them it is a winning mentality. Some incidences are questionable but if our teams did the same most would be commenting differently. Yes I'm jealous, I want a winning team, as long as within the rules.

I think the confusion is why a rider like Tobiasz Musielak receives an assessed average of six, whereas Vaclav Milik is a four.

Is there a list of all the foreign riders and their assessed averages, or are they simply made up as we go along?

The list would be massive but it depends on how they are doing in Sweden and Poland in the top divisions and Piotr Pawlicki is scoring well in both while Tobiasz Musielak has done well in Poland.

Milik is a very good signing and should be capable of adding at least a point to his starting average and will be the best Czech rider for some time.