British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Averages dont always tell the whole story though, riders get injured, go off form for whatever reason, you probably think they only go off form because poole want to use them in the following season!

He'll work out how to gate regularly . . .

That is a possibility, but history is full of top riders that never mastered it. Only time will tell..

• Like 1

Why does it depend on the timing of the question?? The question was asked TODAY who has the better season finishing average. Josh was the more in form rider at the time of the play offs. Which just goes to show how average his year must have been if he still finished with a lower CMA than Rohan riding in the main body of the team. Josh had the luxury of a reserve berth to assist as well.There is no question who had the better year for Poole - Rohan without a doubt. Josh however was the Play off hero.

The response was regarding who was the better rider. Often depends on form at the time when asked that question.

Did Rohan finish on a higher average or not?? :rolleyes:

tbf, 2013 averages, Josh was higher. Rolling average then Rohan was but Josh probably still have 3 year old meetings in his rolling average

Darcy Ward will never be World Champion, he cant gate. Tai and Holder will dominate it for at least ten years...

That's a very BIG statement to make, and in my view, it will be proved to be utterly wrong.

Edited by BritPete
  • Like 1

You really have to laugh at these Poole fans like making an argument out of nothing for no reason twisting what people post for their own agenda. NOBODY is saying that Ward isn't a massive talent or likely to be World Champion but right now as we all debate on here NKI is world number 3 and had a better average than Ward so to say Darcy is better is just plain daft but when did the blue tints ever use facts it's not in their nature! And Rohan did achieve a better average than Josh but again it's a fact and the Dorset mafia believe opinion is a better tool to use.

I must admit I wouldn't be so bold as to say Darcy will never be WC but for me it's not his gating that is his Achilles heel. Some of the moves he pulls off are truly audacious and that leads to crashes unfortunately. Maybe as he matures he will back off slightly - but then he won't be the Darcy Ward we all know!

Edited by TesarRacing

And Darcy will need to learn to gate an awful lot better than he does at the moment. True Loram won a world crown but over 6 rounds and its not easy to keep coming from the back in a 12 round series against riders like Tai Holder Hampel and NKI. He needs to take a good look at what attitude Tai took last year but I think Ward is to flippant to do that and he could be quite easily the best rider never to win the title since Leigh Adams

• Like 3

To me Niels is probably the best rider in the world. Its not about who he beats or where he finishes come October, it's about so many things. He's a Gentleman, He's pleasant, He's always adult like, He's responsible, He's reliable, He's enthusiastic, He's helpful, He's consistent, He's ever-present. And when on a bike, he's world class.

When clubs are looking for a role model, and someone, for young rider to emulated, their non better then Niels Kristen Iversen.

On a bike, Darcy has undoubtedly immense talent, but he has a some way to go to be compared with NKI

To me Niels is probably the best rider in the world. Its not about who he beats or where he finishes come October, it's about so many things. He's a Gentleman, He's pleasant, He's always adult like, He's responsible, He's reliable, He's enthusiastic, He's helpful, He's consistent, He's ever-present. And when on a bike, he's world class.

When clubs are looking for a role model, and someone, for young rider to emulated, their non better then Niels Kristen Iversen.

On a bike, Darcy has undoubtedly immense talent, but he has a some way to go to be compared with NKI

If Carlsberg made speedway riders.... :wink: Edited by Steve0

I would go as far as to say Ward is the best rider in the world already. And if he stays injury free will be World Champion next season.

I would go as far as to say Ward is the best rider in the world already. And if he stays injury free will be World Champion next season.

He isnt. He averaged less points per GP than Tai and Tai rode in several of them injured. Im afraid Darcy has a little bit more to find to be considered the best. Gating lets him down to often.

Wrong but its all about opinions. Tai Woffinden is the best rider in the world -fact. Even if Ward had been fit he wouldn't have won it as proved. Can Darcy go the next step? He bombed out lots in the semis when the real pressure was on so needs to be able to handle the situations a lot better.

He can quite easily be world champion next season that's for sure but to say he is the best rider in the world is just incorrect. He will do well to finish above his buddy Holder next year.

Ward is the most talented rider and natural rider we have seen for a long time but it doesn't guarantee success. How natural were the Moran brothers for example?

You really have to laugh at these Poole fans like making an argument out of nothing for no reason twisting what people post for their own agenda. NOBODY is saying that Ward isn't a massive talent or likely to be World Champion but right now as we all debate on here NKI is world number 3 and had a better average than Ward so to say Darcy is better is just plain daft but when did the blue tints ever use facts it's not in their nature! And Rohan did achieve a better average than Josh but again it's a fact and the Dorset mafia believe opinion is a better tool to use.

Blupanther said Ward will never be world champion.

Its inevitable IMO that Darcy will be World Champion in the very near future, maybe even this coming year. Of course he will need to sharpen up his trapping and needs to grow up more but its easy to forget that he's still only twenty-one. Last year's season in the GP series will have been a great experience and he'll now know exactly what is required to challenge for the title.

If he is able to apply himself correctly he could easily win the thing this year.