British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

You are poster that knows rubbish, one day you might say something of any interest.

And perhaps one day you might post something that doesn't read like it's been posted by a five year old.

• Like 7

Well done Poole , by far the better team . Now if only Eddie had his favourite exhausts .

John Francome, Desmond Morris, Diana Dors, Melinda Messanger, Julian Clary, Mark Lemarr, Billie Piper, Gilbert O'sullivan, Don Rogers, Justin Heyward, XTC, Rosco...........your boys......your boys took a hell of a beating!!!!!!

A joyous night of speedway. Fantastic. That's what it was all about! And you know what did it? The lads heard Hans Andersen saying "we have sunk the Pirates Ship", and Batch on BBC Wiltshire radio saying, "It's in the bag", after last weeks meeting.

Add to that taking the first leg first (an absolute howler as I said at the time) and then changing team order spelt the end for the Robins.

They say revenge is a dish served best cold. Tonight was certainly a time for revenge, and the boys didn't let us down. Fantastic display from heat 1 and the roar of the crowd kept the team going through all 15 heats. Superb.

I really thought the Robins would battle but it was clear they were trying to defend and couldn't compete with our top end.

I will give a special mention to Nick Morris who had the right attitude all night. A shame for Swindon fans (and a relief for us) that none of the others could compete at the same level as him.

As for Kildemand, it was clear he just slid off, looked up and then laid there. A Pole did this in the semis of the Polish playoffs and was booted out of the meeting. Pure cheating but luckily it failed in the rerun. Ref should be able to send off the rider for such an offence.

Swindon fans have been gracious, but SteveBrum hasn't, trying to fathom out how Poole did it. Perhaps he was wrong all along with his assertions that Poole were the make weights. But he will never admit it. :lol:

As for Gavan, I doubt he will say anything. He has been calling us rubbish all year. Well Gavan we are in the final. What do you think of that? :icon_smile_clown:

Commiserations to Swindon. Tough to lose a semi. Hard to lose a final with key riders missing but Swindon fans were light on the sympathy 12 months ago. What goes around comes around, eh?

Bring on Brum. Whatever the result of the final, the Pirates ship has done us proud tonight. And that's all we can hope for.

Cheers! :drink:

didn't Mr Darcy do the same thing earlier in the season :rolleyes:

engage that cell of yours before spouting trash eh!!

A totally inept performance from Swindon last night, apart from NM & PK.

Poole wanted it more and it showed. Well done to the Pirates, on last nights performance a deserved final appearance.

Should be a good final...

2014 should be interesting....

• Like 1

Congratulations lads.................when you look back at the line up we had at the start of the season we did well to get this far...................after losing Darcy early on and then as soon as he is back we lose Chris..............the shining lights in this season have to be the signing of Greg Hancock and Josh Graczjonek.................

Good luck for Monday..................we can and we will do it................#justkeepbelieving #piratepride

RP

What made it worse for me was watching Doyles sublime performance at Brum in comparison to Kennett and Morris. Think we kept the wrong one !

• Like 1

Bit harsh on Morris, johno. Picking Kennett over Doyle was a mistake, no doubt. I've never known a rider be so poor every time there's pressure. Not expecting great racing in the final, top heavy v solid 1-7 looks like a 3-3 fest to me.

The most ironic thing is that without the Swindon rider Batchelor, Poole wouldn't have even made the play-off's and Swindon would have hammered Lakeside over 2 legs. :lol:

• Like 1

And perhaps one day you might post something that doesn't read like it's been posted by a five year old.

Can't see you getting a response to that one.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable match, essentially Swindon were bloody awful, typical batchelor performance when it really mattered.

Morris didn't deserve to be on the losing team, the ht8 ride was terrific.

The final should be 2 corking affairs, Poole favs for me tho, Hancock was sublime last night.

Although both matches were quite entertaining surely we should have one semi final on the Monday and the other on the Tuesday like they do in Sweden. Two matches together is for to long in time and it must be very frustrating for the riders having to wait so long between the heats. If you went to either meeting it must have been a long drawn out affair. People moan about some of the Elite matches this season yet when we get to the play offs they put them all in one night.

• Like 1

Swindon chucked it away with going home first, Who the hell does that?

Um, Wolves against Swindon in the 2009 final?

Having woken up after a late night return from Poole, I just caught the BBC local news snippet on the result of the semi. So it did happen then, I thought it was a nasty nightmare and all would be well when I woke up!

For me this was a team which ostensibly had the same balance as Poole's last year, with woefully weak reserves a strong top 4 and one iffy one in the middle. I have had my doubts about this team from the start (although not brave enough to voice them!) and felt that the semis would be as far as they got.

This year has been a nightmare for the club and has exposed the fact that, although we have a very plausible, but incoherent , media-friendly mouthpiece in Rosco there is limited substance to the management/leadership.

I will look back on this year as one in which the champs (and other promotions) have treated the paying public like chumps, probably lost most of what integrity there ever was in the sport, potentially lost a massive amount of income from TV rights, served up a product which if it was a tangible purchase would have been returned as faulty or less than the advertised item and just generally behaved like Nero as Rome burned (OOOH did I just suggest fiddling!)

I am disappointed with the outcome of last night's meeting, recognise that there are two or three team members I would welcome back with open arms next year if they are affordable in both their racing average and financial cost and I congratulate Poole on reaching the final.

I would be lacking integrity myself if I didn't admit that I hope Birmingham win it but like everything that I hope for in Speedway, that ain't gonna happen!

Edited by Chalkie
  • Like 3

Good luck for Monday..................we can and we will do it................#justkeepbelieving #piratepride

#ThisIsn'tTwitter

Hearty congratulations to the Pirates.