British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

Your on top form tonight... :t:

I'm here all week and available for after dinner dance speeches.
  • Like 1

Its being reported from Newcastle that Ben Barker has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken knuckle.

With barker now injured its a repeat of last seasons final coming up. (injuries wrecking one teams chances)

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Surely Wolves have already suffered more losing Woffy, Proctor and Thorsell? A championship winning team decimated.

With barker now injured its a repeat of last seasons final coming up. (injuries wrecking one teams chances)

Edited by SteveEvans
  • Like 1

Does anyone actually care? Will it change your lives if whichever team wins a tin-pot trophy that might get one inch of national newspaper coverage, and no TV news coverage outside Sky? Still, we can all come on here and score points off each other that are as meaningful as a Joker ride.

Seems you care enough to take the time out of your life to come onto this forum, search out this thread and comment on it. Most strange for something you aren't interested in.

Meanwhile, the fans of both teams will hopefully enjoy a meeting like the 1st leg. Great crowd, great atmosphere and some good racing. To be frankly the honest, the enjoyment of the meeting would not be altered one tiny bit whether there was 1 inch in the papers or a 16 page pullout, totally different issue.

Barring a couple of riders having stinkers, should still see off Wolves even without Barker.

Even if he has done a knuckle (not yet confirmed remember), I woulden't rule him out riding against Swindon just yet, remember 3 weeks ago he was out for the season and about to undergo an operation, then banged in a couple of match winning performances.

Barker thinks he's Iron Man, he'd say he's fit if his left leg was hanging off.

Shovvy might have a point if he's kaput until 2014, but the grand final is still a week away let and plenty can happen in that time, we have a 2nd leg we have to not **** up first.

Thats a good point but also opens up a WHOLE can of worms when you mention rolling!. It really annoys me that so many top riders regularly do it (including Woffy, NKI, Anderson) and basically its cheating when 90% of the other riders DON'T do it. It could all so easily be stopped though if a) the ruling bodies of Speedway had any balls or b} the starting gate marshalls actually did something for once or were given powers to be something other than just be a figure of fun to be ignored by the riders.

You can always spot the "rollers" before a race starts because they always line up 12-18 inches behind the other riders (or sometimes even AFTER the marshall has given the signal that all is ok,they then roll back a little) . A new rule should come into the sport saying that every rider needs to be within a certain distance of the tapes (close enough to stop anyone risking rolling) when the "OK" is given and when they go up. This could be done either by the start marshall when he is "lining them up" or a line could be painted on the track (or side of it) and the riders monitored by either the ref or an official at the tapes. Once the marshall was satisfied they were all lined up within this mark, anyone who then rolled backwards out of it in order to get a roller, would be disqualified. Easy to implement, easy to police and then we would see just how good SOME of these riders who rely of making the gate as their only main weapon, really are!.

Basically, cut out the cheating.

My dad said that once in the late 60s early 70s at Wimbledon (I think) the riders had a second tape behind their back wheels which if they rolled back they would touch or break and suffer an exclusion. Surely a simple but effective remedy to a major problem?

• Like 3

My dad said that once in the late 60s early 70s at Wimbledon (I think) the riders had a second tape behind their back wheels which if they rolled back they would touch or break and suffer an exclusion. Surely a simple but effective remedy to a major problem?

Is it really so major?

All part of the art of good gating, been present in the sport since day one.

Change the record Mr Boring.....

Y

So rather than slag him off which you seem happy to do I would like to congratulate Tai for continuing to dedicate himself to the team, continuing to team ride when it would be safer for him to clear off at the front of the race with the injury he has and leading us like a true No 1.

:t:

Someone tell me Wolves are joking in bringing in Cook as their number one?

If true it's an absolute disgrace and Wolves are waiving the white flag before a wheel has turned in anger. A complete joke and the Wolves management should be fined for lack of effort.

No disrespect meant towards Cook, but an EL number one he is not. Surely there were better guests to book?

Disgraceful.

Still trolling i see.

There is NO ONE that can replace Tai other than Iversen.

So in short NO there are no better guests - nicholls, bjerre (all time play off flop), Pedersen et al are NO better options.

Plus anyone with any Speedway knowledge will know that both 2nd legs are just formalities trying to be dressed up to keep the fans interest.

Also if any management know about should be being fined for lack of effort its your lot, so obviously i will bow to your greater knowledge on that particular point.

Edited by stevebrum

Does anyone know if there will be a big Screen tonight and if so, Where?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if there will be a big Screen tonight and if so, Where?Thanks.

There will be a big screen, but until Sky get there, where it will go will be a mystery. Last year it was behind the first and second bends. Whether it goes there again, we will have to wait and see.

Top tip - if you can get SkyGo on your mobile phone, then you'll get a better picture and sound on that!

There may be a good reason why, but I'm surprised that Wolves haven't asked Matej Zagar to guest for Tai. 4 wins and a second place on his visit to B'Ham with The Aces earlier this year from the number one position and was in excellent form at the Stockholm GP.

There may be a good reason why, but I'm surprised that Wolves haven't asked Matej Zagar to guest for Tai. 4 wins and a second place on his visit to B'Ham with The Aces earlier this year from the number one position and was in excellent form at the Stockholm GP.

Probably don't want to pay for him to come all the way from Slovenia? (or was it Slovakia?)