British Speedway Forum
Monarchlad

Edinburgh V Workington 27/9/13 Plpo

any weather updates

was talking to a scotish guy in carlise this afternoon who had just traveld down and he said weather was awfull but didnt get chance to ask where he had come from

Scotland is quite a big place you know. ;):cheers:

Great effort guys :) , we pushed them but lost a bit of steam in the last few heats , probably the best performance for us round the Dump for a while. Onwards an upwards still all to play for, we need all 3 points tonight and then it could be left in the arms of the Gods ;)

Well we made hard work of that one against an average comets side.

Thought we were poor tonight concidering how well we have been going at home recently but we got all 3 points which is all that matters.

For some reason Rusty had surely his worst ever Armadale meeting. If he had scored 6 or so it would have been close.

On the other hand Max Fricke would have scored more (and probably had more rides) if it wasn't for the heat 4 crash which damaged his bike. His score looked OK but he was much less effective after the crash and couldn't get his other bike going.

Well we made hard work of that one against an average comets side.

Thought we were poor tonight concidering how well we have been going at home recently but we got all 3 points which is all that matters.

Thought it was a good result considering Deeks and Claus have been having a few poor meetings glad Max is ok looking forward to seeing Barker next week

Track wasn't great last night. I don't think Alan Bridgett was in his tractor -- is he on holiday? If so, it showed!

Edited by crescent girl

Kyle Howarth is very impressive this season and is one of the most improved young riders in GB .IMO.Although Morris had a decent meeting and done most of the passing on the night.

Track wasn't great last night. I don't think Alan Bridgett was in his tractor -- is he on holiday? If so, it showed!

Track looked ok to me. Heat 1 was 55 seconds - just 1.5 outside the track record but times did increase as the meeting went on. I believe Alan Bridgett was at the track from around 10 until 3pm.

Haven't looked at the in's and out's of this meeting but that was a far better result than I had anticipated!! :t:

As suggested, a poor return from Rusty and Rich probably cost us a few extra points especially if some Monarchs were not on completely top form, you never know, if our's had been nearer the mark could have taken back that point we lost last week? :D

But that is our trend, we don't take advantage of others bad days as often as we should, sadly, it is what it is and we have to take it on the chin, bag three points tonight and hope Ipswich do us a favour on Thursday, would be a nice way to extend the season a play off final, here's hoping? ;)

Haven't looked at the in's and out's of this meeting but that was a far better result than I had anticipated!! :t:

As suggested, a poor return from Rusty and Rich probably cost us a few extra points especially if some Monarchs were not on completely top form, you never know, if our's had been nearer the mark could have taken back that point we lost last week? :D

But that is our trend, we don't take advantage of others bad days as often as we should, sadly, it is what it is and we have to take it on the chin, bag three points tonight and hope Ipswich do us a favour on Thursday, would be a nice way to extend the season a play off final, here's hoping? ;)

your right the two you mention let the team down Rusty was woeful considering he rode there he was like a novice. Lawson wasn't much better.

your right the two you mention let the team down Rusty was woeful considering he rode there he was like a novice. Lawson wasn't much better.

Thank's for that my friend, don't think I shall bother with further investigation, least said and all that!! :D

Final score doesn't reflect how close it was for most of the meeting. Some decent racing in front of what looked like a healthy gate.

Cookie was untouchable, Fricke did well after being pole axed by Mills. Morris and Howarth impressive.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Comets kept this close, thanks to Howarth and the white line hugging Morris until poleaxed by the old firm of Cookie and Theo. Rusty had his poorest return at the dale ever as a visitor, and gated poorly. Lawson was his usual self and was never likely to beat Cookie or Pijper, so his 6 points was a par score.