British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar V Newcastle Pl Play Off Thursday 26th September

We simply arnt good enough on our travels and when we are, we succumb under pressure in heat 15 alot.... Or throw away points from winning positions time and again..... No doubt the usual bike problems and slick track will be to blame :)

The track was being mentioned by some of the Newcastle camp before the meeting even so I knew it would be a long night. You will probably read all about it in papers and programme tomorrow and Sunday :mad: . If some of the riders had Schramm's attitude before the match we might of won.

Totally shocking performance by us and if you actually rode a line rather than mid track then passing can be done and even from 15m back (twice) :mad:

People also mention riders mentioning our riders riding in to many matches, Rubbish! Look at Lewis Kerr best reserve in the league by a mile and rides in 3 different leagues.

Agree the format is poor but at the end of the day we have been beat you cant afford to carry riders in any meeting and when 2 of our riders have a very poor night we are always goin to strugle away from home is it the format people r blameing personaly its because we r carrying certain riders if we had of won no 1 wud have mentioned the play off format !!!!!

Interesting snippet at the end as well, with apparently Kyle Bickleys dad saying that Kyle would like to sign a contract with Redcar once he turns 16. I know that's still afew years away yet but the lad is a real talent.

• Like 1

Agree the format is poor but at the end of the day we have been beat you cant afford to carry riders in any meeting and when 2 of our riders have a very poor night we are always goin to strugle away from home is it the format people r blameing personaly its because we r carrying certain riders if we had of won no 1 wud have mentioned the play off format !!!!!

Agree the format is poor - it just smacks of exploiting paying customers. However, a home defeat is no different in the three team group than a two team match - the losing team has to do something remarkable away to make up for it. I guess the mini group gives two shots at redemption - but the talk tonight at Foxhall was that it's all over already for the Witches. A poor weekend and next Thursday's match will be totally meaningless for Ipswich and probably a poor attendance.

Deffo agree though that if there have to be playoffs, they should be straight two-leg KO matches.

Edited by Had Enough

Interesting snippet at the end as well, with apparently Kyle Bickleys dad saying that Kyle would like to sign a contract with Redcar once he turns 16. I know that's still afew years away yet but the lad is a real talent.

Nice touch by club presenting his trophies on centre green. Kids remember that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Agree and you beat me to it. It's a stupid ill thought out format (what a shock in speedway). As you say the two home matches are pretty much dead rubbers with defeat at Somerset inevitable. Will be very difficult to promote and two poor crowds on probably cold nights will cost the club money.

Good performance from Redcar and good luck to them although I think Somerset will win this group easily.

In all honesty unless there were mitigating circumstances; and I mean injury and not bike problems; that was a shocking performance from the Diamonds after Lewis gave us such a good start. Two riders in particular have let us down badly and possibly even kissed goodbye to team places for 2014.

Really disappointing night for the club. Was always going to be tough with r/r but talking nothing away from Redcar that was awful.

Results are not going the right way so suddenly its ill thought out,why is defeat at Somerset inevitable look what happened tonight .Moarchs fans are now saying Workington are favourites for their section and they have not even been to Ipswich YET.Have Redcar and Workington not just proved that Play offs can be exciting.

Ps

I still believe whoever wins the League should be Champs,but have to admit it prolongs the season for more Teams.

• Like 3

Well that's 2 hours of my life wasted that I'll not get back. Track was good, crowd was brilliant(best I've seen this year at Redcar), Redcar up for it, just a pity that a few Diamonds riders couldn't be arsed to ride for their fans. Worst performance from a couple of them when, at a time, the club and the fans needed them to be at their best. End of playoffs for us, but no doubt some riders will now go and ride elsewhere and perform well. Nowt wrong with the format, if a few riders ride crap, teams get disappointing results. That's what happened tonight.

ALL the team needs to ride at their best for the other meetings, both as a compensation to the fans who they let down tonight, but also to increase their earnings from extra meetings that they look at the moment at missing out on. One thing is that they have probably rode themselves out of team places for 2014. And another thing, I have also agreed with every comment that RedcarRacer has said about tonight in a previous post. How bad is that. Possibly not as bad as the decisions, and the explanations that the ref gave for his decisions. Dave Watters, please stay in Coventry next time, you upset both sets of fans(and possibly riders) with your random decisions.

Good company in HalifaxTiger once again. See you Sunday.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

Agree the format is poor - it just smacks of exploiting paying customers. However, a home defeat is no different in the three team group than a two team match - the losing team has to do something remarkable away to make up for it. I guess the mini group gives two shots at redemption - but the talk tonight at Foxhall was that it's all over already for the Witches. A poor weekend and next Thursday's match will be totally meaningless for Ipswich and probably a poor attendance.

Deffo agree though that if there have to be playoffs, they should be straight two-leg KO matches.

with a league of 3,,, chances are, within these 'super, stadium filling, awesome play-offs',,, some of the matches will be meaningless,,, maybe because as we all know 3 does'nt divide into 2 equally,,, so really, some people should try using a bit of common now and then,,,

good luck to the Bears, but please try and get walloped at Rye for 7th place ;-)

Edited by ruffdiamond

We simply arnt good enough on our travels and when we are, we succumb under pressure in heat 15 alot.... Or throw away points from winning positions time and again..... No doubt the usual bike problems and slick track will be to blame :)

Nothing wrong with the track at all, AF. In fact, it was very pleasing to see that STMP is looking like its old self again after some poor surfaces in recent seasons and the disasters earlier this year.

I was going to write a few lines but Tsunami has done it for me. :approve:

I'll await Main Man springing to the defence of Dave Watters, though :o:rofl:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Astonishing result! It looked like a Diamonds win for the first few heats, then they fell to pieces. Can the Bears keep it up or has this section been handed to Somerset already?

It has been mentioned that there were 2 exclusions for delaying the start can somone outline the circumstances and if a replacement or 15 penalty were allowed. Thanks

It has been mentioned that there were 2 exclusions for delaying the start can somone outline the circumstances and if a replacement or 15 penalty were allowed. Thanks

Summers replaced by Wilko. Kus went off 15.

First instance, Summers moved and Tully touched the tapes. Tully Ex for that and Summers for delaying the start, replaced by Wilko.

Second instance, Kus moved and Lindgren appeared to touch the tapes (others may be able to confirm this). Kus Ex for delaying start, no punishment for Lindgren.

After being 9-3 up after 2 heats, I'm afraid we want our backsides kicking for not getting anything out of the meeting.

When Kus went off 15mtrs Not only did he catch up, he actually overtook somebody. I don't think I've seen Kus overtake anybody before!! :P

Edited by The Abbott

There was a guy, just past the start tapes to the right of the ref box, who shouted after Rosen stayed down in Heat 15 "Get up you faggott!". Then "I'll say it again. Get up you faggott!" To which a section of the Redcar fans in that area laughed at.

If it happened at Newcastle people would be all over it, so thought I'd give it a mention. Not good, brother, not good.

As for the performance, when riders like Summers and Kus catch and overtake your riders from 15m, you know its a bad night.

• Like 1