British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Pleased to hear that the new Tigers Promotion are asking fans for their idea's. Look what it did for the Comets when Laura Morgan and her team took over. A totally refreshed atmosphere at Derwent Park. Good look to Hoggy and his new partners.

Thats the way to go Worky, Laura has done a great job listened to people did her research was also pleased last year when Rob Godfrey at Scunny was asking for the fans opinions.If this sort of attitude does not happen generally speedway will never progress.

So we stay with Thursday as race day. Good.

Opening date announced - Thursday March 27th. Press and practice day March 20th.

..and with Nick Morris in the side by the sounds of it!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

an interesting read is that, I for one hope we don't sign nick as it would make us too top heavy and leave us weak in the middle.

I hope this does come off - but I don't think it will.

It does give us a strong top end but if we are able to use Andre, Damien and Facu who are all capable of upping their average then I think we have a team of racers and an exciting team to watch.

I hope this does come off - but I don't think it will.

It does give us a strong top end but if we are able to use Andre, Damien and Facu who are all capable of upping their average then I think we have a team of racers and an exciting team to watch.

Would leave us with 5.54 for the last rider.

I had a funny feeling that this might happen.

Do feel for Swindon though, they are the ones to suffer through the Somerset fiasco.

Maybe we could be looking at a Sheffield that could look like this.

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Facu Albin

(3) Adam Roynon

(4) Dakota North

(5) Nick Morris

(6) Damien Koppe

(7) Jake Knight

or maybe

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Andre Compton

(3) Adam Roynon

(4) Tero Aarnio

(5) Nick Morris

(6) Damien Koppe

(7) Jake Knight.

• Like 1

Do feel for Swindon though, they are the ones to suffer through the Somerset fiasco.

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Facu Albin

(3) Adam Roynon

(4) Dakota North

(5) Nick Morris

(6) Damien Koppe

(7) Jake Knight

or maybe

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Andre Compton

(3) Adam Roynon

(4) Tero Aarnio

(5) Nick Morris

(6) Damien Koppe

(7) Jake Knight.

th top team looks very good:-) - but would be a shame for swindon:-(

How about newly-retired Doug Wyer?

he knows how to solve the problem of the sun on the back straight

• Like 2

Doug Wyer and Jim McGregor came up with a simple solution for the problem with the sun on the 3rd bend - put tinted goggles on. For some reason, it didn't go down well with the riders.

After seeing him in an old Heartbeat on ITV2 yesterday, I will put Paul Cooper's name in the hat for the Team Manager's job.

I would love to see Nick Morris join us, what an exciting top 3 that would be!! Steady, Royno and Morris...Stick Andre and Rich Hall in at 2 & 4 with Facu and an up and coming Brit ie Jake Knight in at reserve that would do for me!

Maybe not a championship winning side but not far off it, and guaranteed excitement whilst also packing the team with mainly British talent.

Hope Swindon appreciate Nick Morris' dilemma, and let him join us...Is he anSwindon asset?

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Facu Albin

(3) Adam Roynon

(4) Dakota North

(5) Nick Morris

(6) Damien Koppe

(7) Jake Knight

or maybe

(1) Simon Stead

(2) Andre Compton

(3) Adam Roynon

(4) Tero Aarnio

(5) Nick Morris

(6) Damien Koppe

(7) Jake Knight.

What a team the 1st one would be, with Stead Roynon, Morris & North in the side we would be a powerhouse ! Just hope we pull out all the stops to get Nick Morris onboard - as he clearly wants to be a Sheffield rider ! Sign him up sign him up !!!!!

What a team the 1st one would be, with Stead Roynon, Morris & North in the side we would be a powerhouse ! Just hope we pull out all the stops to get Nick Morris onboard - as he clearly wants to be a Sheffield rider ! Sign him up sign him up !!!!!

Although would replace Knight with another 3 pointer.

• Like 2

Think Jack Lee would be a good call for team manager,he knows most of the new team well at least three and if we get Morris four have ridden under him before and he seems to know the others from being involved at Sheffield for a long time.Go get him on board he should be good for Tigers.