British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Did Sanchez ride in that championship?

with Nico four argentine riders rode in Owlerton. Sánchez, Facu, Jona Iturre and now Nico.- All finished champion or second in Argentine International championship.-

He was scoring near that in the EL. Should be a top heat leader in PL.

I guess technically 4.59 is "near" 6 in the scheme of things. But when you consider he'd average 4.00 just by beating the draft riders, 4.59 is nothing to get too excited about. It suggests thats he rarely beat the second strings in the oppositions teams and then riders are the heatleaders in the PL. So as pointed out, he'll do well to get 6. Lets not forget Proctor only got slightly more than 6 and he's been averaging slightly more in the EL - and that included a spell as a heatleader.

Well I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens won't we!

Think he will prove a lot of doubters wrong ,one thing for sure he will entertain on what I have seen of him in action and that's what you pay to see. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

he will for sure put bums on seats and thats what sheffield and speedway in general need right now.

with Nico four argentine riders rode in Owlerton. Sánchez, Facu, Jona Iturre and now Nico.- All finished champion or second in Argentine International championship.-

I quite liked the look of Iturre, would liked to have seen more of him.

• Like 1

a fifth Argentinian in carlos villar has also rode at Sheffield for Berwick, cant think of anymore that have ridden here.

didnt Frank Varey win the argentinian championship

so nearly fits the bill

good signing for the rest of the seaon, and next hopefully

I guess technically 4.59 is "near" 6 in the scheme of things. But when you consider he'd average 4.00 just by beating the draft riders, 4.59 is nothing to get too excited about. It suggests thats he rarely beat the second strings in the oppositions teams and then riders are the heatleaders in the PL. So as pointed out, he'll do well to get 6. Lets not forget Proctor only got slightly more than 6 and he's been averaging slightly more in the EL - and that included a spell as a heatleader.

I think he's a good signing and will do better than that.

That's partly based upon his excellent performance against Belle Vue in Birmingham's final match; there aren't many who pass Cook at Kirky Lane but he did it.

• Like 1

Well Done to Sheffield on their offer to Birmingham Season Ticket holders, something some other tracks could look at doing to give a little encouragement to Brummies fans who have suffered an horrendous season.

Full Marks to the promotion

• Like 3

There's a couple of tracks doing this. Good call. As for Argentinian Champions and second placers, didn't Lee Complin and Kyle Legault compete in the Argentinian Championships too? I think they did quite well and finished first and second. Not sure which way round though.

There's a couple of tracks doing this. Good call. As for Argentinian Champions and second placers, didn't Lee Complin and Kyle Legault compete in the Argentinian Championships too? I think they did quite well and finished first and second. Not sure which way round though.

Kyle won the Argentinian championship in 2008/09 , 2nd Lee Complin, 3rd Franchetti, 4th Sanchez.-

If he (Covatti) is Agrentinian champ and rode for Italy in world cup, what nationality is he?

Edited by RS50