British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

I can only see the league champions' lack of heat leader strength being exposed tonight.

I think Poole will build up a big enough lead tonight to make the second leg of the play-off trophy a formality. After tonight I don't think there will be any way back for the League Champions.

I can only see the league champions' lack of heat leader strength being exposed tonight.

I think Poole will build up a big enough lead tonight to make the second leg of the play-off trophy a formality. After tonight I don't think there will be any way back for the League Champions.

I'd agree with that. Brummies will hope for Harris and Doyle, mainly, to try and get the odd win against the Poole heat leaders and then target Heats 2, 8 and 14. Poole will hope Josh can cover that threat.

Edited by salty

You could be proved wrong, Brum have 4 strong heat leaders who are all capable of scoring well. I fully expect a close meeting tonight with the league champions sealing the play off final on home soil..

Run-off result.

Thanks. Had me confused - not difficult to achieve at the best of times!

Harris rides very well in the playoffs and likes Poole. He can beat anyone around here and is easily competition to our top end. Smolinski qualified for the GP series a month ago on this track. Both Doyle and King are very good around here. Too close to call.

Plus Auty and Covatti are good reserves, certainly stronger than Swindon's. Josh will be tested all the way.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just cannot see Poole heat leaders dropping many points tonight, so it will be desperately important for Brum to make sure those heats with Darcy & Greg become 3-3 otherwise I fear next week may be out of reach. As a neutral I hope not, but somehow fear the worst.

Don't get you sometimes shovlar you always seem to big up the opposition riders ! Big our own riders ffs ward , THJ , Greg & magic will give smolinski , Doyle , king & Harris all sorts of problems tonight and as for Auty & covatti these two are hardly pilling up the points of late are they? You respect the opposition not brown nose them !!! COYP bring it home

• Like 1

Funny how Bomber is a poor replacement when he guests for a Poole heatleader yet riding against them he is more than a match :D

I reckon there is plenty of dizziness in Dorset with all that spin about :cheers:

• Like 3

Skidder 1, I don't understand your reference to Perry Bar in post 268, don't you mean Poole?

I think it might be 4 Brits in total - all Brummies - CH,BB,DK & JA

You are half right with your first point - a slip of the finger!! Although I should have said at Poole, I also believe he won't be at Perry Barr either!

Your second point is wrong though!! :wink:

League winners do you mean?.

And now no Tungate either. Poole might be stretched.

Don't get you sometimes shovlar you always seem to big up the opposition riders ! Big our own riders ffs ward , THJ , Greg & magic will give smolinski , Doyle , king & Harris all sorts of problems tonight and as for Auty & covatti these two are hardly pilling up the points of late are they? You respect the opposition not brown nose them !!! COYP bring it home

Brum didn't finish top because they are rubbish and I respect that fact. I do think we will win tonight but I am just cautious of the opposition.

• Like 1

Makes Poole stronger as it did last week. No surprise the Tungate fails a late 'fitness test', I doubt he was ever going to pass it.. :wink:
  • Like 1

At least he didn't let his team mates down by attempting to ride when not in a fit state. One less thing to worry about.

Come on boys we need a ten point lead!