British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

What are they and are they down on last year?

There has been no significant improvement on the 2012 figures, which were the worst since records began...

..so Poole will become the most unjust champions in the sports history..but that's what you are liable to get with play-offs so the other promoters cannot complain can they. Rules that allow those with the nous to manipulate so blatantly for their own means are alienating the majority of would be EL punters i'm afraid...as many have said before...who will poole race against when everyone else has given up...Bournemouth?

• Like 4

Poole are the marmite of speedway - love them or hate them. It seems there are a lot of the latter on here but, at the end of the day, they put in a magnificent performance and were worthy winners on the night. They got to the play-offs (like it or not) and they have resoundly beaten the second and first placed teams in the league around their own circuit.

While my heart wanted Brum to do well (and miracles can still happen in the second leg), my head had Poole down for the win on aggregate and that's looking likely so well done to Poole - no sour grapes from me.

Agree completely :approve:

enjoy the title Poole and thank you fo destroying any ounce of credibility in the sport most of us (except shovlar, poole quay,) want fair play to win.

Pirates best team in the play offs but cheated to get there

If its so obvious that they have cheated, why hasn't your promoter (or, for that matter, any promoter) done something about it ?

Cheats only get away with cheating if others do nothing and, in my book, are therefore absolutely complicit.

If you want to start pointing fingers, I suggest you look at a place far closer to home than the south coast.

• Like 4

Perfectly normal. The only classless comments are the people who think they are cheering because they want a rider to be injured.

Really? Rarely happens anywhere else. So by your stupid comment you are saying it is ok to cheer when another rider falls, but what happens if that rider stays down injured, serious life threatening injuries? Would it still have been ok to cheer at the point the rider crashed? No, it bloody well is NEVER EVER right to cheer when a rider falls. Ever!
  • Like 3

Perfectly normal. The only classless comments are the people who think they are cheering because they want a rider to be injured.

Why cheer at all when anyone falls off?

• Like 1

Really? Rarely happens anywhere else. So by your stupid comment you are saying it is ok to cheer when another rider falls, but what happens if that rider stays down injured, serious life threatening injuries? Would it still have been ok to cheer at the point the rider crashed? No, it bloody well is NEVER EVER right to cheer when a rider falls. Ever!

Happened at coventry in 2010 holder crashed 2nd bend at full speed and the grandstand full of bees fans roared uncontrollably so I'm afraid it does more than you think.

Why cheer at all when anyone falls off?

Because they are Morons maybe...

..so Poole will become the most unjust champions in the sports history..but that's what you are liable to get with play-offs so the other promoters cannot complain can they. Rules that allow those with the nous to manipulate so blatantly for their own means are alienating the majority of would be EL punters i'm afraid...as many have said before...who will poole race against when everyone else has given up...Bournemouth?

In which other sport do they have the play-offs? Would you have wanted to tell Sir Alex Ferguson that, although his team were top of the premiership, they would have to play off for the title...........Or tell Tai Woffinden that although he was top of the Grand Prix standings, he would have to race off with the 3 who finished behind him and that any of them could be World Champion..............I have been a speedway supporter for 50 years............yes, the sport has to move on and we have to get more interest, but am sorry, in my opinion, it hasn't worked. If you want to reward a team for their efforts, then make an award for them.........don't take away the achievements that a team like Birmingham have worked all season for.

Agree completely :approve:

If its so obvious that they have cheated, why hasn't your promoter (or, for that matter, any promoter) done something about it ?

Cheats only get away with cheating if others do nothing and, in my book, are therefore absolutely complicit.

If you want to start pointing fingers, I suggest you look at a place far closer to home than the south coast.

There has been no cheating at all. Just an easy excuse from the green eyed monster brigade to cover the shortfalls of their own promotions. If there had been cheating surely one promoter would have brought a complaint. Truth is Poole did it within the rules and the anti Poole brigade are clutching at a straw to keep themselves afloat.

Matt Ford showed last night why he is head and shoulders above his rivals. They have to put in the work and many don't. Huge crowds, big spponsorship, a tight ship backed up by a team manager that bleeds blue and white.

Ben Duddington in his 60 second interview in the Poole program last night, asked Matt Ford:

Do you get fed up with the critisism on the social networks to you and Poole Speedway?

"People how know me understand that the social network doesn't interest me in the slightest. Even before the social network came along, rivals have always tried to destroyand critise anyting that is successful.

"It's when rivals like you is the time I will be fed up because it means I am not doing my job properly.

"It's complete and utter jealousy becaue they want what we've got. And what we've got takes a lot of hard work - and it's a sacrifice that nat many people are willing to make.

"A club is noting without its people and what we have here is a foundation of wonderful supporters, tremendous sponsors and a team of riders and a manager who are desperate to make us successful".

Was he pissed when he said all of that, or are they just spelling mistakes ? :rofl:

• Like 4

Bloody despise fans who laugh & cheer when a rider falls or crashes The worst incident for me just happened to be at poole when alan rossiter crashed ,I kid you not people were laughing & calling him a w***** my wife went berserk with a large gentlemen for his use of foul language he told her to f*** off so my wife picked up his pristine programme & tore it into a million pieces & threw it in the air like confetti. The sad thing about that day way rossiter never rode again.

There has been no cheating at all.

"A club is noting without its people

PMSFL.

No wonder Poole are always being accused if they note without its people. :t:

Oh dear, i knew as soon as the crowd cheered when the luckless Danny King went down we would all this rubbish about fans wanting riders injured, whatever anyone says it happens everywhere, i was at Coventry when poor Lee Richardson fell and they were still cheering as he entered the ambulance, when Darcy fell at Eastbourne the laughter and cheering was deafening. I am a big fan of Danny King, he is a good rider, should have been in the world cup and a really nice guy but crowds will cheer when a rider goes down especially when he is on a double tac ride! I don't think the crowd cheered when Josh Auty went down.

Edited by foreverblue

Well what a fantastic night for Poole Speedway, the fans and back room team. We are very proud to of sponsored the meeting and awarded Josh with rider of the night who rode magic ;) To say we out rode them from the start would be an understatement. Did the brummies even turn up ? :D From the word go Poole didnt let them off the hook and really complety smashed them. I have said all along we would win and we have barring a major shock at their place.

The best team won and won very easily, all the Poole haters and everyone saying this would not happen really look quite silly now :rofl: Do we care what others think? looking at and listening to the massive Poole crowd last night, i think NOT !!!! :D

Edited by The Know
  • Like 3