British Speedway Forum

PK and Batch are decent heat leaders. Morris is definitely going to be the best improver. I see Gustafsson as a Risager. The reserves are poor, but having said that so are most.

Priority for 2014 is balance the books and stabilise the club. Anything else is a bonus. Hope the Blunsdon Massif come out to support their club And the thoughts of a few on here are not representative of the many.

PK and Batch are decent heat leaders. Morris is definitely going to be the best improver. I see Gustafsson as a Risager. The reserves are poor, but having said that so are most.

Priority for 2014 is balance the books and stabilise the club. Anything else is a bonus. Hope the Blunsdon Massif come out to support their club And the thoughts of a few on here are not representative of the many.

The Master Troll has woken from his slumbers! Could somebody put spike his drinks again, so that we can get back to reasonable discussions.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

Klindt has suddenly become very popular! He's being rumoured for at least 3 teams at the moment!!!!

I wonder who will get the short straw?! :D

• Like 1

Klindt has suddenly become very popular! He's being rumoured for at least 3 teams at the moment!!!!

I wonder who will get the short straw?! :D

TBF he was ok at Swindon. If there's any track he can show some sort of form on it's probably there.

The Master Troll has woken from his slumbers! Could somebody put spike his drinks again, so that we can get back to reasonable discussions.

It's always clear which teams he thinks could be a threat to Poole. He's also been on the KL thread posting the usual drivel.

Swindon look decent to me, and their reserves will be a lot better than most people think.

Another season finishing in the top four IMO.

Not Sure about this signing to be honest i guess we will have to wait for the last rider to sign and then make a judgement on is as a whole . Really hope the last signing is Klindt thou i expect it will be Birks who in the main body of the side would make us very weak

Swindon surely will make sure they use the points limit wisely & go as closely to it as possible so can't see Ash being signed as that would leave a whole point spare.

• Like 1

Swindon surely will make sure they use the points limit wisely & go as closely to it as possible so can't see Ash being signed as that would leave a whole point spare.

Maybe Birks won't be signed but he is a decent rider, not sure there is better even with a point more to play with, Kings Lynn have gone with a team which leaves them over a point to spare, if not maybe he will be at Poole, seem to remember he had a cracking meeting when he rode there.

Ashley has not yet got a PL team and there are not too many teams left who have space. If he does join a PL team, meeting clashes or two d/u riders in the same PL team would cause a problem.

Until the saga at Somerset is sorted out and it is confirmed where Nick is riding in the PL I doubt a decision about Ashley can be made.

If the above is all sorted out and Ashley can d/u he is an option worth taking.

Swindon must make use of every point available in my opinion. Therefore Klindt should be the one signed not Birks. Harsh I know, and I am a big Birks fan, but taking the risk on Ashley coming back from a serious possible life changing injury would be a massive call. Nicolai is the best punt.

I wouldn't be taking a punt on Birks until he has proved his fitness.

Trouble is I bet he's cheaper than some of the other options which are being bandied about so it will depend on how much folding we have left to play with.

Klindt looked to have lost his bottle last season unless he could get a roller, and got away with it a few times it on Sky at Birmingham.

If the refs twig him putting in a NL draft reserve wont be a good replacement.

Edited by remembertheracers

Saw Klindt at Somerset riding for Scunthorpe at the back end of last season. Despite a poor start, he finished the meeting well enough and mixed it with Hougaard who was guesting for the Rebels.

He is definitely worth another shot as a second string in this league and is more than a match for some of the other second strings in the majority of already assembled sides.

Nicolai was an important cog in the championship winning Wolves team when only 22 years old and riding in a tougher league in the main body of the side. Come on Rosco, sign him up!

Having looked at the official Swindon web-site I really can't believe they are keeping admission at £17 in 2014.

All promotors want to cut their cloth but expect fans to pay the same money for it.

Massive mistake in my eyes unless I've missed that they're giving a free programme with it.

Should've dropped it to £15.

Nicolai scored ok at the end of last year for Wolves but as said above either a win or last. He was not too bad when riding for the Robins and if he can sort out the inconsistency he could do well.

Having looked at the official Swindon web-site I really can't believe they are keeping admission at £17 in 2014.

All promotors want to cut their cloth but expect fans to pay the same money for it.

Massive mistake in my eyes unless I've missed that they're giving a free programme with it.

Should've dropped it to £15.

I thought you weren't going anyway!!!!?? :D

• Like 1

No chance that there will be a free programme included crazy. The team assembled so far won't come cheap, that is for sure. Can see them keeping admission prices at £17 now for the next few seasons.