British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

People are just going to have to accept that the Elite League is getting poorer by the year and it will be the lowest priority to any top rider. If you want to see them over here you are just going to have to put up with issues like this.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the bloke. Not only is he ill because he took on too much and is suffering the consequences he, or the people around him, are suffering brain scramble if they thought this lack of judgement would go unnoticed/unremarked. For someone so apparently adept in his dealings with his fans it I can't work out for the life of me what's going on. :unsure:

A season that should have been all about celebrating his achievement has turned into a nightmare.

Looking forward I'm beginning to wonder what the future holds for him at Wolves, or even in the this country, once this season is over.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

Looking forward I'm beginning to wonder what the future holds for him at Wolves, or even in the this country, once this season is over.

Flying from UK to Poland and back then Sweden to UK and back has got to be the most stupid of fixture arrangements. If we continue to run so many fixtures, can only see him stepping down. Darcy will no doubt be the next.

If we want to keep the top riders we have and attract those who have left the UK back we simply have to have a league where teams ride once a week on a set evening(s) and have squads.

Either that or one big league for riders who will put our fixtures first every single time.

If we want to keep the top riders we have and attract those who have left the UK back we simply have to have a league where teams ride once a week on a set evening(s) and have squads.

Let's see what we have up to playoffs...

Poland 18 match league

Sweden 14 match league

UK supposedly 36 match league!

Madness.

Niamh

Either that or one big league for riders who will put our fixtures first every single time.

....or not have EL tracks or Sky wanting Mondays as a race night!!!! :wink:

• Like 1

The key thing here is that Woffinden rode in Sweden yesterday. If he hadn't, I'm sure he'd have received every sympathy as somethingclearly wasn't right on Monday night. He didn't appear on the victory parade, with Proctor saying he was exhausted. He then tweeted that the drive to Stansted was going to finish him off completely. So, to then go to Sweden and ride is pure madness. Either that, or the whole truth hasn't come out yet.

I've managed a 'stress-related illness' as it's described on the official site for 20 years now. When I was first diagnosed, I hadn't got the strength to get out of bed. So the the idea of catching a red-eye flight to Europe and riding a bike at 70mph with no brakes seems a pretty dangerous idea if you're exhausted.

Is this part of a carefully managed exit strategy? I've got a horrible feeling Wolves will find themselves in a Bruce Penhall situation before long. Especially after reading the statement about 'strengthening the team' on the official site yesterday.

• Like 7

Finally watched The Life of Tai last night, not surprised at all as looked knackered, that was from some weeks ago. Taken far too much on. Must have faced some hefty consequences if he hadn't done the Sweden meeting - can't imagine he wanted it.

Edited by Hodgy

.......Is this part of a carefully managed exit strategy?.......

Finally watched The Life of Tai last night, not surprised at all as looked knackered, that was from some weeks ago. Taken far too much on. Must have faced some hefty consequences if he hadn't done the Sweden meeting - can't imagine he wanted it.

Messing around in the garden and a thought occurred to me. The 2 guys quoted appear to have had the same thought :t:

So all this blows up a short while after a TV programme during which the thing that struck me more than anything was the bumming around airports at daft o'clock and grabbing sleep on the hoof. My honest thought then was 'that'll catch up with you', little realising what was on the horizon. :o

If he's sick tomoz I wonder if stevebrum will be giving him stick like he dishes out to other riders

Oh dear. You really need to read posts before making such a comment as i really don't need to comment on how silly you must feel when you do.

You clearly haven't read anything i`ve written in the past 24 hrs.

I will await the apology with baited breath.

Still waiting for the apology from hans fan, unless they cant admit they are in the wrong.

otherwise its clear what sort of poster they are. :t:

Fairplay to Stevebrum for not backing Woffinden, he may be tired but the way he has ridden for his other teams and not Wolves must leave a sour taste, i wouldn't be happy if ward treated Poole in this way and he is riding with ligament damage and he has fallen off a few times lately, many have said he should rest but he has obviously taken the view that there is plenty of time to rest in the winter.

• Like 2

Rode in Saturday GP, then raced for all the teams he rides for on consecutive nights, Poland, UK and Sweden despite being exhausted. The timing of the announcement influenced the back lash. Looks completely knackered and guess he regrets signing for 3 teams, given other commitments.

Best opportunity to have a Brit win back to back World titles so understand the decision, albeit maybe should have communicated after the Sweden meeting.

Fairplay to Stevebrum for not backing Woffinden, he may be tired but the way he has ridden for his other teams and not Wolves must leave a sour taste, i wouldn't be happy if ward treated Poole in this way and he is riding with ligament damage and he has fallen off a few times lately, many have said he should rest but he has obviously taken the view that there is plenty of time to rest in the winter.

Exactly FB.

I`m a Wolves fan first and foremost. Cannot tolerate any rider that pulls on the black and gold and isn't fully committed.

So yes, it does leave a sour taste and i am sure plenty feel the same given his commitment this week towards his EL schedule and efforts this week.

Quite clearly his busy schedule last week and weekend has taken more out of Woffy than anyone realised - including himself.

As someone else has already pointed out, IF Woffy had announced he was taking a break after Monday night many might have had more sympathy and understanding. But he has done himself no favours by flying out to Sweden, scoring 10 points and winning his last ride.

Why not take the break AFTER tonight`s match??

If it means we get a more focused and energised Woffy then that's great. I just hope i don't have to read more bull from him talking about what we need to do to make the play offs.His lacking effort Monday and no appearance tonight will go a fair way to assuring we are still further away once the World Cup break is over.

So rest up Tai and don't feed us anymore bull please.

• Like 6

Didn't he say before the Cardiff gp he could handle the stresses and strains and pressures.

Which shows he is just human i guess tho.

He has shown last season and this he can cope with more than most.

I admire him greatly but any decisions that affect his Wolves commitments are likely to be greeted with suspicion.

• Like 1