British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

It's not great for a rider to be let down like Ty has been at Somerset. He will have spent considerable money to be able to ride in both leagues and to be dropped without even turning a wheel is disgraceful.

Think Pete Adams is wise enough to realise that you can't put your top rider at number one and at number three Tai will certainly be more effective and Piotr Pawlick looks confident enough to cope with the number five race jacket and beat a few big names.

I think it's a disgrace that Ty has been replaced at Somerset before he has even turned a wheel for them. That is no way to treat a rider and Somerset should be punished - the same as when they dumped Morris who is ironically replacing Ty. I wish Ty a successful season for Wolves

Well sorry to say, but Ty did not look 'on it' at all at Havvy's meeting, even taking into account the tricky conditions.

A gifted 1 point from his first race after Lindback fell followed by 2 zeros before being replaced in his final programmed ride.

Well done to him for loaning a bike to Lindback for the meeting - but neither (bike or rider) performed well!!

• Like 1

Its not ideal but Proctor has now struggled in four open meetings and I can't really blame Somerset for making the change. A bit hard nosed perhaps but they have a title to defend.

• Like 1

I think it's a disgrace that Ty has been replaced at Somerset before he has even turned a wheel for them. That is no way to treat a rider and Somerset should be punished - the same as when they dumped Morris who is ironically replacing Ty. I wish Ty a successful season for Wolves

Couldn't agree more. They should have given him 4 or 5 meetings to get back up to speed, it's a full three weeks before their first PL meeting..

• Like 1

This is the Text message I recieved at 8.55am on Friday.

Good morning/evening to everyone who is a part of Ty Proctor Racing.

Well at 10pm last night, 13 hours before Somerset's Press and Practice, I've been sacked.

I'm extremley shocked and gobsmacked as Ive yet to even ride for them. Their reasoning is that due to coming back from injury they believe I'm not capable of scoring points for them and they have signed someone else.

But on the brighter note, off to Poole this afternoon for Havvy's Farewell so more track time. Be in touch soon everyone and Thank You for your support - TY

Yes he has seemed to struggle a bit in the early few days of the season but Ty is a very determined person and very passionate about his racing and I'm sure he could have done a great job for Somerset or any PL team as their number one aswell as riding for Wolves.

Thi time last season there were many wondering (me included) if bringing Adam Skornicki back was a good idea after riding in only lower leagues elsewhere. However he proved everyone wrong and he soon returned to the rider we now he can be and I'm sure the same could be said of Ty this season.

Its not ideal but Proctor has now struggled in four open meetings and I can't really blame Somerset for making the change. A bit hard nosed perhaps but they have a title to defend.

Disgraceful behaviour after Ty stepped in to fill the void left by Doyle being unable to to take his PL place in the line up.

Personally i hope Somerset have a stinking season.

As for Ty i hope he proves all his doubters wrong and tell Somerset to go take a running jump if they ask again.

Think it is real hard to judge form over a few open meetings.

• Like 2

Wish ty all the best for the season,very poor treatment of ty as he has not rode for us yet,think he would of been ok

• Like 1

Have to add that Somerset have behaved badly in the way they've done this but unfortunately it appears winners are never nice guys & make decisions that others wouldn't do.

Good luck to Ty & hope he does go on to have a good season apart from the Robins meetings.

Also the questions the kids and the presenters asked him made more sense than Charley Webster's! :D

Bloody hell "Wolfsbane give the woman a break eh"

Bloody hell "Wolfsbane give the woman a break eh"

Missed the little yellow thing at the end of the sentence did you Sidney? Just after Webster's ;)

Edited by Wolfsbane

Thi time last season there were many wondering (me included) if bringing Adam Skornicki back was a good idea after riding in only lower leagues elsewhere. However he proved everyone wrong and he soon returned to the rider we now he can be and I'm sure the same could be said of Ty this season.

The same Adam Skornicki who dropped the best part of a point off his average? Inspired!

rubbish happens, riders get dropped all the time. Im not sure why there such outrage over this.

Signing someone and allowing them to plan their season to work for you, then releasing them before their first day at work is not acceptable in my opinion, and doesn't do anything for the reputation of Somerset's management. Good luck for the season Ty.

• Like 2

Signing someone and allowing them to plan their season to work for you, then releasing them before their first day at work is not acceptable in my opinion, and doesn't do anything for the reputation of Somerset's management. Good luck for the season Ty.

So when is it acceptable to drop a rider? 1 meeting in? 2? 6? 12? 40? He's after tonight ridden 5 meeting this season and has been dreadful in all 5.

I know you wont want to hear this but there was something strange about Proctor last night.

He came out in his first race and looked quite reasonable for a couple of laps even though at the back, then he rode onto the 'Tractor Area' near the second Pit gate and sat on his bike without switching off waiting for the race to finish. As soon as the gate opened he just rode back into the Pits along the concrete track. There did not seem anything wrong with his bike and then he withdrew. I hope he has not got other problems.

At least this gave an opportunity to Lewis Blackbird for his first big meeting and he promptly beat Michelsen and gave Freddie Lindgren a real go for two laps drawing along side him but couldn't get past him. He looked real happy!

The other Wolves asset Adam Skornicki was as good as I have seen him, fast out of the trap and much smoother than in the past. No doughnuts either so I think he is taking it more seriously now