British Speedway Forum

Bridger it is. Glad he's back he's always entertaining and I really think there is more to come from him.

An expected signing - hope this year is finally his year - we have all been waiting for the breakthrough but hasn't happened yet - although a solid second string.

• Like 1

From Lewis website www.lewisbridger.com/news

I am delighted to announce that today I have agreed terms to return to the Lakeside Hammers for the 2014 speedway season. I am excited by the team that Jon and Stuart are putting together and to be part of their plans for the future. I would like to thank all of the Lakeside fans for their support and I will be doing my best to bring you the trophy that you deserve next season. Roll on 2014, I can't wait! #hammertime #RICO

Good to see Lewis Bridger has signed .. still think if he can get everything sorted behind the scenes he can continue to make strides in the sport. Be interesting to see who the Hammers look to lead them at no.1 this season.

. Be interesting to see who the Hammers look to lead them at no.1 this season.

Well, lets put it this way; Lewis, Lawson and Bech come to 16.15.If you were to add PK and Dave Watt it would give a total of 31.66.

An expected signing - hope this year is finally his year - we have all been waiting for the breakthrough but hasn't happened yet - although a solid second string.

IMHO Lewis is slowly starting to push his career back forward again. Riding in Poland will help him conquer big tracks. There isnt a track in the UK that could help him any better with that anyway.

I wish Lewis all the best and hope to see him challenging for a heat leader role and a place in the World Cup.

• Like 1

Poor signing can't see Bridger improving at all, given plenty of chances at all sorts of tracks and clearly isn't good enough.

His average is bound to improve because of the weakness of the league but in my opinion won't get any better now.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Poor signing can't see Bridger improving at all, given plenty of chances at all sorts of tracks and clearly isn't good enough.

His average is bound to improve because of the weakness of the league but in my opinion won't get any better now.

I think he's worth another go. He perhaps hasn't made the strides expected in the last few years but he is a rider who COULD become a heatleader at any given time.

He's young

He's ambitious

He's entertaining

Big YES from me

IMHO Lewis is slowly starting to push his career back forward again. Riding in Poland will help him conquer big tracks. There isnt a track in the UK that could help him any better with that anyway.

I wish Lewis all the best and hope to see him challenging for a heat leader role and a place in the World Cup.

I'm sure he will be top of the new Team GB Manager's list!!!!! Oh hang on.....!! :D

Steve0 - you're just thankful that his new pal Rosco hasn't signed him for the Robins!!! :P:D

Paying same for less as usual in EL. At least the PL is consistant.

Consistently ignore the needs of the up and coming Brits, at least the EL is trying to address something the PL failed at.

Steve0 - you're just thankful that his new pal Rosco hasn't signed him for the Robins!!! :P:D

Was I that obvious? :wink:

Consistently ignore the needs of the up and coming Brits, at least the EL is trying to address something the PL failed at.

While I agree that the PL employs far too many crap foreigners on low averages, its worth pointing out that in 2013, 42 Brits held team spots at one time or another in the PL compared to just 17 in the EL (both figures exclude guest appearances). That works out at nearly twice as many Brits per team in the PL, and that included 15 riders who also rode in the NL, far more if NL guests were included.

This new reserve idea will IMO bear fruit but as has been said its being done to cut costs, simple as that. And I'm fearful that it will be poorly administered anyway, leading to manipulation opportunities galore.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

To make those numbers meaningful though, bear in mind that there were 13 teams in the PL and 10 in the EL.

To this end, that works out 3.2 British riders in the PL, compared to 1.7 in the EL.

So levelling these numbers up to actual bodies, it equates to around 3 compared to 2.

Not too great a differential, is it?