British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

Put a bit more thought into it :D

Put a bit more thought into it :D

Thought ? It took me the best part of 2 years to work my own out. ;):lol:

I would like to see Alex Davis in the team as he never get the chance to ride after the problems before .

I dont know that much so i dont know how realistic this is but how about:

1. Niels Kristian Iversen 9.12

2. Nicholas Porsing 4.00

3. Rory Schlein 6.84

4. Mads Korneliussen 6.97/ Kenni Larsen 7.30

5. Darcy Ward 9.07/ Emil Sayfutdinov 9.00

6. Lewis Kerr 3.00

7. Robert Lambert 3.00

Probably really unrealistic but there you go.

I dont know that much so i dont know how realistic this is but how about:

1. Niels Kristian Iversen 9.12

2. Nicholas Porsing 4.00

3. Rory Schlein 6.84

4. Mads Korneliussen 6.97/ Kenni Larsen 7.30

5. Darcy Ward 9.07/ Emil Sayfutdinov 9.00

6. Lewis Kerr 3.00

7. Robert Lambert 3.00

Probably really unrealistic but there you go.

Would be a good team but the problem is think Ward and Emil well Ward will be at Poole and i dont think we will see Emil in the uk but other then that not a bad side maybe Nicki Pedersen at 5 instead.

Would be a good team but the problem is think Ward and Emil well Ward will be at Poole and i dont think we will see Emil in the uk but other then that not a bad side maybe Nicki Pedersen at 5 instead.

I know nicki is a good rider but i'd hate to see him ride for king's lynn my second favourite EL team

Good suggestion though, what about that polish dude who won the last grand prix. Or Greg Hancock?

Edited by DIAMONDS

If would love to have this team next season!

1.Iversen

2.Stead

3.Schlein

4.Korneliussen

5.Pedersen

6.Smith

7.Porsing

This will be a title winning team.

I know nicki is a good rider but i'd hate to see him ride for king's lynn my second favourite EL team

Good suggestion though, what about that polish dude who won the last grand prix. Or Greg Hancock?

If u mean Adrian dont think u will ever see him in the uk and Hancock wont ride here as dont want loads of meetings.

I don't personally believe we'll be seeing the likes of Iversen, Pedersen, Ward, Hancock, Sayfutdinov etc in the UK next year. British speedway needs to reduce the money it pays out to riders and make things more affordable for supporters, so removing the big earners is the first and biggest step towards that.

• Like 1

I don't personally believe we'll be seeing the likes of Iversen, Pedersen, Ward, Hancock, Sayfutdinov etc in the UK next year. British speedway needs to reduce the money it pays out to riders and make things more affordable for supporters, so removing the big earners is the first and biggest step towards that.

They don't have to remove the big earners just pay them less.

I would wager a lot of them would still ride, probably because they couldn't afford not too.

• Like 1

That would be the ideal scenario, would require all promotions to stick to agreed pay rates though........

They don't have to remove the big earners just pay them less.

I would wager a lot of them would still ride, probably because they couldn't afford not too.

And there's the problem. Frost and Ford CAN afford to pay the demands of the rider's and we're back to square one.

For British speedway as a whole they have to be left out

I think Porsing, Schlein and Ma ds are probably going to be in the team next year. I would also like to see Kozza, Stead, Kerr, Lambert and Niels (unlikely, I agree with Baggy that we won't be seeing the big gu ns next year- Pedersen, Niels, Hancock etc. ). How about this team: 1.Ward 9.07

2.Porsing 4.00

3.Mads 6.97

4.Stead 5.56

5.Schlein 6.84

6.Kerr/Lambert 3.00

7.Kozza 3.76

Total: 39.2 (3.3 extra for improvements?) Harris-6.82 for Kozza moving Porsing to 7 and Stead at 2?

I've become very disillusioned with Elite league speedway. There are so many issues that need to be sorted. Our teams and those of the oppositions change riders each week, The rules are broken regularly and teams seem do as they like. Some Wednesday we have race meeting and then miss a month. There are a lot of riders who go through the motions purely on a no interest basis. I'm afraid, I too, am getting to the point of why bother. These past few months I've enjoyed watching the 'Young Stars'. So what if the times are a second slower, the racing is close and exciting. We have these young up and coming lads giving there all, to impress the manager, wanting to keep their team place. Some of them are that young, when they take their Helmut off, you see they're still just schoolboys. There is no pretence, no prima donnas, just youngster trying to make a name for themselves. So going with what 'Bagpuss' said about no top guns next year, I believe it would be the correct step in bringing the costs down to an affordable level. I have the utmost respect for Niels and what he as done for the Stars, these past three years. But we need to look at the bigger picture. and watching these youngsters at half the cost. is for me the way forward.