King's Lynn Stars 2014

Playoff's for sure

1, Iversen 9.12

2, Porsing 3.51

3, Sclein 6.84

4, Smith 3.76

5, Bjerre 8.45

Ave: 31.68

Defo be the team that I would like to see!! I believe that with 2 big hitters in Niels & Kenneth & back up from Rory that team would be the one to beat!

• Like 1

I'm quite surprised that there's no complaints about Korneliussen being left out of my selection as he's been a superb rider for us. I would be amazed if he's left out through choice.

When you think about it though, Bjerre, Iversen and Schlein would be awesome and the preferred choice but I think it would come under the 'unaffordable' category

Not a bad team, but I have to question the inclusion of Olly Allen. I personally think, you're going back to 2011 when he performed reasonably well, when riding regularly with Mads. But since then he hasn't done too much to impress anyone. I know injuries don't help but that's part of the game...But, I'm sure we can do better then him.

Think Bjerre will end up at Leicester with his brother. Still think Niels will lead the side. Not seen or heard anything to say he's looking to lessen his schedule.

As for Olly Allen. A case of thanks but no thanks. He's a decent option at the NA but not reliable enough away from home. Plus he always spends half the season sharing his team spot with his alter ego R/R

I've only included Allen in my top 5 as he was the only other person I could see/think of which a 5 point average that fitted into the team I'd put together. I'm no Olly Allen fan exactly myself. As I say, I would like Simon Stead back, but can't see it happening for 2014, not after being out injured for so long.

I can't see why Niels wouldn't be back either. Yes, there are will UK fixtures to fit in and Wednesday nights do clash with his Esbjerg fixtures usually, but that's been the case for several years now and he's still continued to ride for us. Even with the increased fixtures, I can't see why he wouldn't return. A case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I do like the team 'screamer' has just place on here, but I suspect Kenneth may head to Leicester to join Lasse, unless Lasse wants to come back to us as well next year?

No fan of KB me . . . I would rather have Mads, Rory and Niels . . .

I'd sooner have Mads also over the last 3 seasons no one rider has given more to the club than Mads has but I fear he will be heading back to Swindon .

The year kenneth rid for us he ended up the top rider! And besides the playoffs he was the the best performer,home and away!Mads,although a great captain may of had his day.

1, Iversen 9.12

2, Porsing 3.51

3, Sclein 6.84

4, Smith 3.76

5, Bjerre 8.45

Ave: 31.68

I think that would be an awesome team, capable of winning any match home or away.

If you want a good team man then MADS is your man, But if you're looking at points scoring, Mads doesn't come close to KB.

I'd sooner have Mads also over the last 3 seasons no one rider has given more to the club than Mads has but I fear he will be heading back to Swindon .

I think you're getting Mads mixed up with Niels. Mads is good , but never score the points he ought too.........

• Like 1

You can't really compare Bjerre and Korneliussen directly though, surely? Mads would take up 1.5 points less of the team building, so shouldn't really be expected to get close to KB's scoring. The extra left over by using Mads would make the difference between Auty at two instead of Porsing (as an example).

Would MK and Auty outscore KB and Porsing? Possibly not, but it's more relevant than comparing KB and MK.

I'll never forget KB's dismal performance at Poole in our playoff meeting in 2011 ....

• Like 1

You can't really compare Bjerre and Korneliussen directly though, surely? Mads would take up 1.5 points less of the team building, so shouldn't really be expected to get close to KB's scoring. The extra left over by using Mads would make the difference between Auty at two instead of Porsing (as an example).

Would MK and Auty outscore KB and Porsing? Possibly not, but it's more relevant than comparing KB and MK.

In the context of the discussion, Mads was being compared to KB with the point difference. I'm no KB lover but respect what he can achieve. Without doubt he is a seasoned GP rider and would always fit into everybody's worlds top 20 riders. The fact that he average is low is totally down to injury , but that works in his favour. When he and Niels rode for the stars in 2011, they both tried to outperform the other, and it worked very well. Yeah, he messed up in the play-offs, but it should be remembered hadn't it had been for KB we wouldn't have made them in the first place...

I like Porsing and believe he will make big strides this year. If I had the choice between him and Auty, then as a team promoter, I would pick Porsing every time. But then again that is purely my opinion and in no way would I run Auty down.

Who else has a feeling that we won't hear too much about confirmed riders until we have found out for sure if there will be a TV deal or not?

However it does raise an interesting point regarding the EL/NL reserves.

What happens if a side (eg King's Lynn) wants to sign one of the reserves(Kerr) as a main team rider?

I have posted this as a suggestion a couple of times but no one has even commented.

I say its a good idea when someone like Kerr will likely be having at 2 heats against the reserves and lower end riders. It would allow for a much stronger top end and should result in a greater chance of heat advantages in both sets of heats.

Richie W is a no starter now he signed Belle Vue and The Witches.

Can certainly see the benefit in a strong top 3 but prefer the team to be a bit more solid throughout to be honest.

Would much prefer to see Mads in the lineup and the remaining points used in the middle order (but then I'm a big Mads fan and lukewarm at best to Bjerre).

Whoever Buster goes with, I just want to see the same 7 riders each week, without hearing this rider or that rider is riding somewhere else on a Wednesday night

• Like 1