British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

I think the visa problems some Aussies are finding has thrown an additional spanner in the works . Where last week one or two riders might have thought about travelling to Glasgow every week , those riders will now be holding fire to see what happens next .

I think the visa problems some Aussies are finding has thrown an additional spanner in the works . Where last week one or two riders might have thought about travelling to Glasgow every week , those riders will now be holding fire to see what happens next .

Hey PaulCo have there been guys who've signed for other teams who now will not or cannot now come due to visa problems?

If yes = who?

Hey PaulCo have there been guys who've signed for other teams who now will not or cannot now come due to visa problems?

If yes = who?

Been well documented elsewhere on this forum that Jason Doyle , Alex Davies and Rohan Tungate are all experiencing difficulties

Ah ha I see there's a "visas" thread in the speedway discussions section. Fair enough. Interesting stuff. Watch this space. Or that space.

What about going down the Stefan Ekberg route & signing a swede that rode in EL 2008

for Poole & previously rode for Oxford Frede Eriksson who still rides in Sweden for Hammarby

Fred had a storming season for Poole in his last year here so his average may be too high. Dependent of course on which of the many conflicting formulas and rules are used to calculate it. Cracking rider and bloke too, why not have a look at Erik Andersson who also rode for Oxford,bit like "The Fish" in the way he occasionally liked to check the fence was still there but a good little racer.

Fred had a storming season for Poole in his last year here so his average may be too high. Dependent of course on which of the many conflicting formulas and rules are used to calculate it. Cracking rider and bloke too, why not have a look at Erik Andersson who also rode for Oxford,bit like "The Fish" in the way he occasionally liked to check the fence was still there but a good little racer.

Was it not Eriksson who broke his thigh and can now only ride so many meetings a week.

Edited by Tsunami

Pass

We had an interest in him before he rode for Poole and that was what we heard.

Its interesting that dakota hasnt signed for anybody will he be back at ashfield?

Dakota has signed up for a polish club on a sunday...... would have loved Dakota back at tigers.

God dam

Travis McGowan?

average was 7.99...... sorry too high ...............we only have 7.10.

James grieves would have been the perfect last piece of our puzzle if only hed have one last season

James grieves would have been the perfect last piece of our puzzle if only hed have one last season

Chipped 1.5 points off his average in 2013, time was right to retire.

The length of time to officially sign Joey seems a wee bit odd.................I was sure that the last two riders would be announced as a pair and that the delay would be in signing the other guy and not Joey. I always felt that Joey had been told off-the-bat "you're in as long as we can use up all the other points on six other decent (or potentially decent) guys".

I wonder if he's had an offer from elsewhere and the promotions hand was forced?

We'll probably never know.

I'd still want all the remaining points to be used up......................and not an assessed 7.00 novice please, no thanks.

I know he's very much splitting opinions on here but I'd still be reasonably happy with Mark Lemon.

Yes he'll never (probably) be a 9.00+ rider again but he'd do a steady middle order 6.50-7.00, and he'd been good at mentoring Di

Edited by tigger63