British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Why has the Junior Golden Helmet been cancelled?

Karlsson a probability. :wink::drink:

In the know?

I think this thread might be better titled: Glasgow 2014?

There really has to be a huge question-mark over the Tigers continuing unless Alun Biggurt and Gordon Pairman have vast amounts of disposable income to pour into the black hole that is PL speedway at Ashfield.

A National League team might, however, attract not far off the same level of support at about 25% of the outlay.

Discuss?

There really has to be a huge question-mark over the Tigers continuing unless Alun Biggurt and Gordon Pairman have vast amounts of disposable income to pour into the black hole that is PL speedway at Ashfield.

A National League team might, however, attract not far off the same level of support at about 25% of the outlay.

Discuss?

Very interesting theory, Lulu. I understand this was a suggestion made to the new owner a year ago by a couple of wise old owls, but for whatever reason it was decided to go forward in the Premier League. Which didn't go too well.

Discuss?

We got a taste of National League this year with the team we started off with.

National League? A very big no thanks. Not going to do a 90 mile round trip to watch that.

We got a taste of National League this year with the team we started off with.

National League? A very big no thanks. Not going to do a 90 mile round trip to watch that.

So what would you do, George? Become a follower of another club, or stop going to speedway altogether?

So what would you do, George? Become a follower of another club, or stop going to speedway altogether?

Other option ... keep going to speedway but not following a specific club.

Other option ... keep going to speedway but not following a specific club.

So you would specifically cold-shoulder the Tigers, and (presumably) travel to Armadale, Workington, Berwick or Newcastle to watch their racing? That's a serious question.

how about

Karlsson

Doolan or Pijper (wishful thinking)

Bellego ( wishful thinking) or North

Bager

Thomsen

Ringwood

Jacobs

Discuss?

Yes I guess this in the first hurdle.

Will Glasgow run in 2014?

2013 has been a very tough year for the new promotion. If you were being polite you'd say it was a steep learning curve if you weren't well I'm sure they've had enough stick so far to do them a lifetime.

Scottish speedway needs a strong Glasgow team.

Now that the old guard have moved on I hope the promotion can focus on bringing in young, talented and ambitious riders.

I'd be very surprised if many of the class of 2013 are back for 2014.

Equally it wouldn't surprise me if a rider or two from further east made the trip down the M8.....

So you would specifically cold-shoulder the Tigers, and (presumably) travel to Armadale, Workington, Berwick or Newcastle to watch their racing? That's a serious question.

Why not ask an open question rather than these loaded prejudiced ones?

Serious question.

Yes I guess this in the first hurdle.

Will Glasgow run in 2014?

2013 has been a very tough year for the new promotion. If you were being polite you'd say it was a steep learning curve if you weren't well I'm sure they've had enough stick so far to do them a lifetime.

Scottish speedway needs a strong Glasgow team.

Now that the old guard have moved on I hope the promotion can focus on bringing in young, talented and ambitious riders.

I'd be very surprised if many of the class of 2013 are back for 2014.

Equally it wouldn't surprise me if a rider or two from further east made the trip down the M8.....

Hi Scotland 1314.

Gordon Pairman in his last meeting programme notes says the club will be running and they have an air fence fund.

The biggest clue to the club running is what they're not saying. Normally they would have the begging bowl out when there's financial issues. This hasn't happened.

Any riders you're thinking of specifically?

• Like 1

Why not ask an open question rather than these loaded prejudiced ones?

Dont worry its something we are more than used to on the Berwick threads.

• Like 1

Seen it a few times mate. ;)

Edited by george.m

From this years team, I would only keep Anders Thomsen and Joe Jacobs. Anders has showed that on good equipment that he can be a real trump card from anywhere in the team, so to have him at reserve for next season is a real bonus. He isnt afraid to ride the fence and race either, bargain average for next year. Wee Joe has shown glimpses of his potential this year, need to remember that he was still seeing alot of the tracks for the first time this year, on his average, he is only going to improve. He is young, British, ambitious and has shown real commitment to Glasgow. Would definitely have him back.

We have a real task in replacing two heat leaders next year, and getting a middle order that is going to improve and remain consistent.

Like others have said, I wouldn't have Henning back. Far too inconsistent. Dakota wont be back as this deal only came about after his rides in Poland finished. Would imagine he will be back down south next season if he is the PL, although I can see him probably going EL full time again with the Panthers.

So where does that leave us for the rest of the team? As much as I read people say "no more assessed riders", if you do your homework like every other team in the country seems to do, then you can get some good riders on assessed averages. At the end of the day, we are a selling club, and we need to keep our asset base stocked up, especially after selling on 3 assets in the last year. Its true that we do need tried and tested riders that can ride our track and can offer up some entertainment, but I also like to watch talent develop in front of my eyes each week.

Trying to be totally realistic about the kind of riders we would be able to attract to Glasgow, I would like to see something along the lines of this (assuming the points limit remains the same)

1. Kim Nilsson 8.72

2. Dimitri Berge 5.00

3. Robin Aspegren 6.39

4. Kevin Doolan 7.51

5. Theo Pijper 7.70

6. Joe Jacobs 3.47

7. Anders Thomsen 3.53