British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

That would be a decent start and as long as you are solid enough to win most of your home matches that has to be a starting point, unless of course lots of cash can be thrown at it or one or two cats are retrieved out the bag. Throw in someone like Doolan and it might be quite interesting.

Got to agree we need to be winning at home first & foremost if only to repay the loyalty shown by the fan's they deserve that at the very least .

That's what we thought about 2013, the problem is that young upwardly mobiles are hugely inconsistent. Upwardly mobile is also subjective as we've had many a 'prospect' at Glasgow with only a select few actually making any impact. Genuine young riders on the up are unlikely to come to unfashionable Glasgow and we also couldn't afford them. 2014 needs to be a team of seasoned performers, we don't expect a top line No 1 but we do need strong starting reserves that can interchange throughout the season with the struggling second strings.

I hear you. Although some of your most recent seasons that provided lots of interest and a bit of success have involved watching young Nick and Josh make their way in the sport.

Personally I feel introducing the prospects into the team provide an added interest and also help with potential transfer fee when they are sold on. Of course it is all about picking the right ones and there are no guarantees in life on that front although the BSPA did raise concerns at the previous close season signings, so alarm bells should have been ringing imo.

There are lots of very promising youngsters out there all around the world and I'm sure many are keen to get a team place and may not be as costly as you think.

Grajczonek is a Poole asset now and guaranteed a team place at Poole next season............

RP

Whilst it's fun to speculate, and for some to illustrate their impressive knowledge of who's all out there at this time of the year, the fact is it's a bit like asking how long a piece of string is. Too many imponderables.

For me the fact that we have signed young Anders Thomsen is reason enough to confirm an interest in next season. I have said before, I rate this young lad highly, and all being well, he could be a top rider in the not too distant future.

Now if we could re-sign Theo Pijper too I really wouldn't bother who else comes to us.

Whoever they are, they will either become favourites, or at worst, shown the superb loyalty Tigers fans show to every rider who dons the famous stripes. It's what we do. :)

Anders ANDERSEN [/size]

James COCKLE [/size]

Mitchell DAVEY [/size] now Edinburgh Asset

Josh GRAJCZONEK [/size] going to be Poole asset (who gets the money?)

Steven JONES[/size] retired

Robert KSIEZAK[/size] retired

James MCBAIN[/size]

Robert MCNEIL[/size] retired

Nick MORRIS[/size] Swindon asset (money to old promotion)

Michael PENFOLD[/size] not an asset - not enough matches.

Joe SCREEN[/size] retired

Anders THOMSEN[/size]

​Taken from the Unofficial site although Morris has since been sold to Swindon & Grajczonek if not already sold will be soon i would imagine Thomsen is indeed now an asset not a great asset base left to be honest.

Even worse with the above corrections! But Glasgow do own Henning Bager's contract (but may be property of old promotion) plus Harley Horwood and Joey Ringwood.

Edited by Lord Antebellum

come on, get richard signed up..

I have it on good authority Richard unfortunately won't be signing for the Stripes this year!

Rusty Harrison confirmed as the 2nd signing

An average of 6.63 could potentially see RH become a heat leader if we go for strength at reserve.

Welcome to Glasgow Rusty... Now can we have Theo Pijper please :)

Josh G signed for Worky along with Ricky Wells, strong top five for them

An average of 6.63 could potentially see RH become a heat leader if we go for strength at reserve.

never mind his average you know if hes happy he could be no1 as a happy rusty is a very good rider

and very solid on most if not all tracks

never mind his average you know if hes happy he could be no1 as a happy rusty is a very good rider

and very solid on most if not all tracks

And what is it that makes him happy?