British Speedway Forum
mikebaker

Redcar Bears 2014.

Hall and Skidmore always struggle on the small tight tracks so away highlights for the team will be thin on the ground. Kozza is a racer who can score points anywhere. The team balance has been upset by this situation. I expect a season of struggles im afraid!

I think we should wait and see - I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think the 'Bears' Team is as bad as some on here think.

Oh, I think you'll find it is!

What about Timo Lahti? without a club and I think would have done well in PL - yes would have meant others making way but losing a Wilkinson or Graversen is hardly an issue.

• Like 2

Havelock confirms Pepe Franc deal fell through and he also talked with Aussies, Germans and Danes - one thing is sure that Hall was some way down the pecking order...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/speedway/brian-havelock-happy-richard-hall-6751568

The Link doesn't work for me.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom - although clearly losing Kozza is a massive blow.

On paper, definitely not one of the stronger sides in the league. But then Speedway isn't raced on paper..

In Lawson we have the number 1 we didnt have last year so an improvement there. Graverson might not set the world on fire but will be a solid reserve/middle order man. Skidmore had a good first season with the Bears and would expect some improvement there.

Slightly underwhelmed with the Hall signing but I do feel for the promotion on that one. Not a lot of options and I dare say some potential signings will have priced themselves out. They will have known how desperate we are so will have asked for that extra few £. On his day can look excellent, but I agree that away he may be slightly suspect. Maybe a change of scenery will help him kick on.

My one hope is that we prepare the track for racing - towards the end of last season the racing definitely improved.

• Like 2

What about Timo Lahti? without a club and I think would have done well in PL - yes would have meant others making way but losing a Wilkinson or Graversen is hardly an issue.

I think it might be an issue for Wilko or Grav, I would like to scrap you off this forum, but its not gonna happen. Lets give this team a chance and play with what has been dealt. Like poker, if it isn't working you get a chance, to change a couple of cards.

• Like 2

i think richard is a fantastic signing for you guys especially at home he is the best when it comes to riding on pot holes and bumps.

Cheap and pathetic sums up Havelock's team building.

If I was a Redcar fan I wouldn't support

The Redcar is very much of the standard of the Berwick side.

I am guessing your not going to Berwick this season.

• Like 1

I think it might be an issue for Wilko or Grav, I would like to scrap you off this forum, but its not gonna happen. Lets give this team a chance and play with what has been dealt. Like poker, if it isn't working you get a chance, to change a couple of cards.

The team hasn't been dealt but chosen, Bears got lucky last year with Dyer, not sure any of the VII have that improvement in them.

And why just because this is the team do we have to think it is right?I will pay me money every week no matter the dross served up, I'm loyal but I am just not happy with the team, I also think others will stay away with this side if they, as I and many think, struggle.

The team hasn't been dealt but chosen, Bears got lucky last year with Dyer, not sure any of the VII have that improvement in them.

And why just because this is the team do we have to think it is right?I will pay me money every week no matter the dross served up, I'm loyal but I am just not happy with the team, I also think others will stay away with this side if they, as I and many think, struggle.

I'm surprise there haven't been any comments about Kozza backing out. There are other riders who manage on PL only. Maybe his personal circumstances are different.
  • Like 1

Cheap and pathetic sums up Havelock's team building.

If I was a Redcar fan I wouldn't support

Phew glad this guy ain't a comets fan, what positivity and support :-0