British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

If the forcast is RIGHT we will be on, the track staff wiill have to do a bit of work but sweeping away the puddles to the inside and with a little sawdust and hoeing you'l be fine.

Personally, i hope they put the covers on just the bends, that would be a great help,and stick the airfences up over night so extra water does run off them onto the track if they put the up tomorrow, it will take far to long to cover the whole track and take them back up again, with 8 people at our place, it took 5 1/2 hours to completely cover the track and 5 to take them up, that was including roll the up and bag them. The track curtor at Brum will know what to do. We just have to rely on the forcast being right and clearing by 4pm.

Then i would strongly suggest if you are in the birmingham area you ring the club and offer your services, then, you will really find out whats entailed...

I would have loved to help, however I am in Leicester and my car is off the road at the moment.. I was merely commenting on the general situation. ....

I spend a lot of my spare time at our track, we dont have the use or potential to use covers, and I've spent many hours sweeping water down the kerb drains at our track, so I know whats entailed.... I just wondered what's the point in the covers being available....?

Its ok what you have said ref time laying/removing etc.... I was more interested in whether it was within the home teams remit, or the decision to use them is in anyone elses bag.... thats all..

Never to old..

Looking forward to a repeat of the one of THE greatest meetings ever shown on Sky.

Birmingham v Sheffield PL 2007. Magic. :lol:

f

Don't know which part of the Midlands you're at - but just down the road from Perry Barr Stadium it's still grey & raining! :(

nottingham ��

You have my deepest condolences “Nottingham a city celebrating armed robbery for over 400 years”

170px-Robin_Hood_Memorial.jpg

Edited by Pirio Barre

I would have loved to help, however I am in Leicester and my car is off the road at the moment.. I was merely commenting on the general situation. ....

I spend a lot of my spare time at our track, we dont have the use or potential to use covers, and I've spent many hours sweeping water down the kerb drains at our track, so I know whats entailed.... I just wondered what's the point in the covers being available....?

Its ok what you have said ref time laying/removing etc.... I was more interested in whether it was within the home teams remit, or the decision to use them is in anyone elses bag.... thats all..

Never to old..

Mate, With the amount of time it takes to lay and remove them its just not practical, you also need an army of VOLUNTEERS, which as i said, don't grow on tree's.

In Birminghams case tomorrow, it would be far more practical to cover the bends that will be a massive help, and put the airfence up over night, otherwise you will run the risk of flooding the track, what with the limited time they will have.

I haven't looked on your site, but i would have thought your promotion would have put a call out for half a dozen Volunteers for tomorrow to help out get the meeting on?? With the offer of FREE admission... it won't kill em.

Edited by Starman2006

Certainly going to be a wet track if the meeting goes ahead.

Be okay as long as the damp doesn't start coming out...

I've heard that the track ISN'T covered!

Still with all the hot air that some people at club produce. They could dry the track in no time.

Well, if they don't do something they could be cutting there noses off to spite there face. But thats there decision..

Be okay as long as the damp doesn't start coming out...

Mate, ther'l be enough damp in the track already i think...

After the Belle Vue match this should be to Poole's advantage :wink:

Well, if they don't do something they could be cutting there noses off to spite there face. But thats there decision..

Mate, ther'l be enough damp in the track already i think...

Be a shame if the meeting is too wet for decent racing when they could postpone it to next week. I am sure most fans would want a good meeting irrespective of who you support

Lots of rain over Birmingham for the next few hours. Thank god for those Ronnie Russel track covers. Due to clear late this afternoon so plenty of time to get the track watered perfectly. :neutral:

Lots of rain over Birmingham for the next few hours. Thank god for those Ronnie Russel track covers. Due to clear late this afternoon so plenty of time to get the track watered perfectly. :neutral:

The covers are B.S.P.A's not Ronnie Russell's. They also cannot be laid days and days in advance of a meeting. With the rain that Birmingham has had over the last 2-3 days there's nothing the covers could have done. Having them down for that long in advance would end up doing more harm than good to a track

Be a shame if the meeting is too wet for decent racing when they could postpone it to next week. I am sure most fans would want a good meeting irrespective of who you support

That is exactly what we had on 9 September last- not much 'consideration' was given that evening to 'decent racing' but, of course, everyone was working to a different agenda at that time!

Has the track definitely been covered ? If not then poole fans who are coming I wouldn't bother as they would be no chance of this going ahead weather shocking here in the midlands !