British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Have either of the two sides issued a Formal statement instead of all the Experts! On this website!

Have either of the two sides issued a Formal statement instead of all the Experts! On this website!

Theres one on our site.

Theres one on our site.

And a text update from Birmingham. I would say that was probably good enough, although some will still whinge, no doubt.

A real shame for the hundreds of Pirates fans who booked today off to travel up and witness the final. Very disappointing as the forecast is for a dry evening.

To put this meeting up against England v poland is financially not the most astute act but my gguess is Sky probably demanded the date as all their equipment is in place and it would cost an arm and a leg to take it down and away. By leaving it for 24 hours cushions their financial ooutlay.

It doesn't affect me personally as I will be heading up there tomorrow but there will be many Poole fans unable to get a day booked off in such short notice. My heart goes out to them who deserve better. Nowhere does it say that the re-scheduled date was tomorrow. Just seems a hasty decision to appease Sky.

However, the showpiece final should not be ridden on a soaking wet track. Last year it was badly affected and really tomorrow has a much better forecast than today.

Brummies sent me a link entitled tickets and refunds - page still trying to download after 5 minutes!

Anyone having problems accessing the Brummies site?

I'd thought have UK Martin would have solved the scripting issues by now.

A real shame for the hundreds of Pirates fans who booked today off to travel up and witness the final. Very disappointing as the forecast is for a dry evening.

To put this meeting up against England v poland is financially not the most astute act but my gguess is Sky probably demanded the date as all their equipment is in place and it would cost an arm and a leg to take it down and away. By leaving it for 24 hours cushions their financial ooutlay.

It doesn't affect me personally as I will be heading up there tomorrow but there will be many Poole fans unable to get a day booked off in such short notice. My heart goes out to them who deserve better. Nowhere does it say that the re-scheduled date was tomorrow. Just seems a hasty decision to appease Sky.

However, the showpiece final should not be ridden on a soaking wet track. Last year it was badly affected and really tomorrow has a much better forecast than today.

NO meeting should be ridden on a soaking wet track... Edited by blupanther
  • Like 1

NO meeting should be ridden on a soaking wet track...

I personally hope it rains in Birmingham for the next 40 days and 40 nights. :o

Then the play off final can be declared null and void and Brum and Poole can share the title.. :t:

• Like 1

I agree totally. No meeting should start on a waterlogged and dangerous track especially for a big meeting.

Good job at Belle Vue that they didnt start the meeting against Poole that would determine who made the play offs then.................oh hang on a sec.

double standards yet again from the mighty shovlar.

ok to race at Belle Vue to get a result then?

but in the final on a dodgy track that could see mistakes from the pirates and Birmingham closing the gap due to a wet track!!!! no cant have that! that would be unfair!

hypocrite

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

I personally hope it rains in Birmingham for the next 40 days and 40 nights. :o

Then the play off final can be declared null and void and Brum and Poole can share the title.. :t:

Whoa there! You don't have to live here!!

17 days and nights should do it.

• Like 3

A shame it isn't on tonight but i would much rather have a decent race meeting than have a shambles with a wet track.

I know alot of people won't be able to make it but i can, yippee.

Greyhound BAGS meeting at the track tomorrow,so if anyone wants to see what the speedway track is like -get down to the bookies between 11am and 2 pm.

I was thinking that to.

A wet track normally helps the away team but we won't have that advantage tomorrow night. It will have to be won on a dry, hopefully well prepared circuit.

Will the crowd be affected that much? There will be less Pirates fans attending due to not being able to get time off, but the crowd could have been affected tonight due to a meeting run in the wet. With so many people living in the area the place should be still packed out. The footy can easily be sky plus'd and watched afterwards.

Do we know for sure the meeting will start at 7 pm? Or is the Sky broadcast at 7 with tapes up at 7.30?

• Like 1

A wet track normally helps the away team but we won't have that advantage tomorrow night. It will have to be won on a dry, hopefully well prepared circuit.

Will the crowd be affected that much? There will be less Pirates fans attending due to not being able to get time off, but the crowd could have been affected tonight due to a meeting run in the wet. With so many people living in the area the place should be still packed out. The footy can easily be sky plus'd and watched afterwards.

Do we know for sure the meeting will start at 7 pm? Or is the Sky broadcast at 7 with tapes up at 7.30?

Thats the thing Steve. You can watch Football anytime you like, reguardless of what it is, but you don't get to see a good competitive Play off final everyday, bering in mind there is still a lot to play for..

Tomorrows forcast is far far more promising. I did notice the forcast for the Birmingham area had changed from last night. Can they ever get it right??? Money for old rope..

Edited by Starman2006

Are these track covers the same ones Poole used this time last year when hundreds of Swindon fans travelled south on the Friday night only to find out the meeting was off when we got there??

Track covers are only any good IF rain stops AND allows time for them to be taken up and track prep. No doubt some Poole fans will stay say Poole can prepare a good track whilst Brum couldnt be bothered.

If you lived in the Birmingham area (my parents live just up the Walsall Road) would know this was always likely to be a non starter. Constant rain from Friday night onwards, all weekend and heavy non stop all morning, makes a dry evening not even relevant.

Until we prioritize getting meetings on in the UK like they do in Poland/Sweden we will never be able to prepare a raceable track as we don't invest in the kind of equipment they do in Europe.

Having just driven thru perry barr it was clear this was always going to be off from yesterday, it needed a relent in the rain this morning for it to stand any chance.

Why it is postponed till tomorrow i cant understand, particularly going up against the England game. Still guess that's down to both promotions to shoulder the responsibility.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1