British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

The numptys that run our council Starman6. It was a proviso of our planning permission that No AIR HORNS were to be used at Perry Barr. Which Tony Mole readily agreed to so that the Brummies could once again take their rightful place back in Speedway,

It states in the programme that air horns are banned and despite several requests from supporters, myself being one, and requests over the tannoy as to refrain from using them Poole suppoters continued to do do even whilst the announcement was being made.The request was met with a torrent of abuse, mine was " if you want it come and get it" unfortunately I'm on crutches otherwise I would have done and probably rammed it happily down her throat! Especially after she commented so what we don't care!!!!

Edinburgh and Newcastle, both came to Brum in the PL days by the coach loads and played the game the Scots even had the bagpipes but not an air horn in site and we had not an Iota of trouble with either set of supporters. Is it any wonder Poole are the most reviled team in British speedway?

• Like 3

Oh really, perhaps you would like to enlighten us. NO Poole fan wants to see ANY club shut down. Why shouldn't air horns be used, you live in a bleedin town centre with more noise than that surrounding the stadium. What numptie came up with that??

Keep up.

• Like 1

Another thread that's being heavily moderated in the totally independent BSF. I do wonder sometimes how far the rotten core of the BSPA stretches.

• Like 8

Another thread that's being heavily moderated in the totally independent BSF. I do wonder sometimes how far the rotten core of the BSPA stretches.

Wouldn't it be easier to stop digging and just walk away, a quick glance of "social media" shows your complete lack of maturity, I am of course referring to "some muppet throwing themself in front of a train" holding up your journey.

Alongside references to calling Poole "cheats" (Please enlighten me as to how they are "cheats") its hardly the actions of someone who is professional, I would personally walk away and be glad that Matt Ford doesn't get his "famous" chequebook out and offers you a trip to court....

In any sport, all officials are open to charge of bringing that sport into disrepute and the sanctions / fines that go with it, why you feel that you are above that I really don't know.

Edited by Mr Sensible
  • Like 3

Another poster hiding behind their forum name. I'm transparent Mr Sensible. Who are you?

We've figured out who Barry The Cat is already

Edited by richsimpson

An

Another poster hiding behind their forum name. I'm transparent Mr Sensible. Who are you?

Ignoring my questions? Fair enough pal, I've got nothing to hide behind, I am a fan saddened by "Officials" airing there dirty laundry in public, whether that be you or any of the other Social Media gaffes this season.

Hardly ever going to encourage sponsors, agreed?

And if you have been treated badly then you have my upmost sympathy, but seriously if it was me I would walk away, write a book on it if needs be, I am sure you have plenty of stories, that would attract the interest of people on here.

British Speedway is currently in the position where all the dodgy deals, cartels and illegal ways of working over the years have almost killed the sport.

I believe that transparency is the way forward and that by the fans knowing how the sport works and operates it may actually get the sport breathing again. It's not got many more chances.

In the modern day transparency in most operations is absolutely key.

Didn't catch your name Mr Sensible.

British Speedway is currently in the position where all the dodgy deals, cartels and illegal ways of working over the years have almost killed the sport.

I believe that transparency is the way forward and that by the fans knowing how the sport works and operates it may actually get the sport breathing again. It's not got many more chances.

Don't worry Rich, you'll be in OZ shortly. Keep digging.

Ignoring my questions? Fair enough pal, I've got nothing to hide behind, I am a fan saddened by "Officials" airing there dirty laundry in public, whether that be you or any of the other Social Media gaffes this season.

So you'd include Middlo in that then?

Been that way for years

• Like 1

Oh really, perhaps you would like to enlighten us. NO Poole fan wants to see ANY club shut down. Why shouldn't air horns be used, you live in a bleedin town centre with more noise than that surrounding the stadium. What numptie came up with that??

How daft the rule is, is an irrelevance, we didn't come up with it, we were told take it or leave it, the point has been made many times the nearby A34 is something less than quiet, but it's not Birmingham Speedway you need to convince, if you want to try and convince Birmingham City Council otherwise, be our guest, but if Tony Mole and numerous other influential people coulden't get them to budge on noise for many years, I doubt you'll have much luck getting them to back air horns.

....but surely that side got you to the top of the league and into the final!

That it did, but assuming a new points limit of 38 ish, are some of them the best options ?, I'm not denying their achievements in 2013, but 2014 is going to be very different both in terms of rules and the riders forming all the teams.

The points limit ensures that successful sides have to be taken apart for the following season, and this one will be more drastic than any for some years.

Edited by david2905

The numptys that run our council Starman6. It was a proviso of our planning permission that No AIR HORNS were to be used at Perry Barr. Which Tony Mole readily agreed to so that the Brummies could once again take their rightful place back in Speedway,

It states in the programme that air horns are banned and despite several requests from supporters, myself being one, and requests over the tannoy as to refrain from using them Poole suppoters continued to do do even whilst the announcement was being made.The request was met with a torrent of abuse, mine was " if you want it come and get it" unfortunately I'm on crutches otherwise I would have done and probably rammed it happily down her throat! Especially after she commented so what we don't care!!!!

Edinburgh and Newcastle, both came to Brum in the PL days by the coach loads and played the game the Scots even had the bagpipes but not an air horn in site and we had not an Iota of trouble with either set of supporters. Is it any wonder Poole are the most reviled team in British speedway?

Because of 2/3 people using airhorns. Why were they not removed from the stadium if they won't comply with the 'no air horn' rule?

Thought Poole were hated cos of Matt Ford. Make up your mind, or is there a long list! ;)