British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

They seem to think a grippy track wont suit us!!

They? How many exactly?

You didnt see gregs heat 3 ride on monday then

Even KP manages one good innings per test series these days. Greg is a great rider, but it is rare to see Greg racing. Schumacher was the same, did it where it mattered to take most races from the front, but his racing ability was rarely tested, but when it was, not the best.

Even KP manages one good innings per test series these days. Greg is a great rider, but it is rare to see Greg racing. Schumacher was the same, did it where it mattered to take most races from the front, but his racing ability was rarely tested, but when it was, not the best.

I agree with this in a way but it depends on how you define racing ability.

Greg Hancock is still a competitive rider for a few very important reasons. He is not disillusioned with his age and inevitably his ability to race with the big boys but instead has changed his racing style to remain competitive. His many years of starting experience coupled with his sharp reflexes allow him to reign supreme over the first bend. If there is an opportunity to get to the front by the end of the second bend Greg will have spotted it. This helps him get one over on even the most determined of racers. His incredible amounts of experience and wisdom allow him to ride defensively against the best riders in the world, covering their line perfectly and laying down the power when it counts.

Sure, If Darcy Ward is in first by the end of the second bend then it's obvious Greg isn't going to get round him, but for me it is like watching an old carpenter at work and I really enjoy this.

Edited by Synikalle

I agree with this in a way but it depends on how you define racing ability.

Greg Hancock is still a competitive rider for a few very important reasons. He is not disillusioned with his age and inevitably his ability to race with the big boys but instead has changed his racing style to remain competitive. His many years of starting experience coupled with his sharp reflexes allow him to reign supreme over the first bend. If there is an opportunity to get to the front by the end of the second bend Greg will have spotted it. This helps him get one over on even the most determined of racers. His incredible amounts of experience and wisdom allow him to ride defensively against the best riders in the world, covering their line perfectly and laying down the power when it counts.

Sure, If Darcy Ward is in first by the end of the second bend then it's obvious Greg isn't going to get round him, but for me it is like watching an old carpenter at work and I really enjoy this.

absolutly 100% spot on. Hancock is a legend. Irrelevent wether he is a trapper or not.

• Like 3

absolutly 100% spot on. Hancock is a legend. Irrelevent wether he is a trapper or not.

Gregs taken a while to adapt back to Elite League racing, he's now on the pace. He can come from the back when conditions suit.

• Like 1

They? How many exactly?

Ward, greg,grajczoneck and certsinly jonasson would love a grippy track. maybe not magic or rohan if he rides but. cant imagine covatti or white line smolinski would want it too grippy, I hope its a great meeting whatever the conditions and birmingham give it a go even if we are still 20 up at halfway

• Like 1

Oh come on Guys, this seems to have fallen away... Must bring this to the top again. :D

Ward, greg,grajczoneck and certsinly jonasson would love a grippy track. maybe not magic or rohan if he rides but. cant imagine covatti or white line smolinski would want it too grippy, I hope its a great meeting whatever the conditions and birmingham give it a go even if we are still 20 up at halfway

The idea about having a grippy track is not so much that Poole cant handle it more the fact that that is the best type of track for the Birmingham riders. F.Y.I the Brum track has been prepared grippy all season and both Covatti and Smoli have handled it fine. Smoli takes advantage of the ruts that appear on the inside line and Covatti was doing fine until his injury.

The idea about having a grippy track is not so much that Poole cant handle it more the fact that that is the best type of track for the Birmingham riders. F.Y.I the Brum track has been prepared grippy all season and both Covatti and Smoli have handled it fine. Smoli takes advantage of the ruts that appear on the inside line and Covatti was doing fine until his injury.

Nice of you to tell us. Perhaps your man can prepare it the same way... :t:

Smolinski certainly rode better in the gp challenge when it less grippy

Just finished tomorrow's sermon and then took five minutes to look at the days news. Looks like Rohan Tungate has been eased out of the Coventry/Leicester meetings following the inclusion of NKI - so little or no chance of Tungate proving his real race fitness ahead of Monday. Will it be R/R or will the Pirates gamble on putting Tungate in?

Just finished tomorrow's sermon and then took five minutes to look at the days news. Looks like Rohan Tungate has been eased out of the Coventry/Leicester meetings following the inclusion of NKI - so little or no chance of Tungate proving his real race fitness ahead of Monday. Will it be R/R or will the Pirates gamble on putting Tungate in?

R/R for sure. Rohans fate for this years final was decided after the semis ;)

With even more rain overnight surely the meeting is now under threat as with cool temperatures it will be extremely difficult for it to dry enough !

Why would it be a gamble we're 21 points up !

I guess the weather may have put pay to any idea of this, but with Birmingham not having a home meeting in the past 7 days i wonder if they had planned to do a behind closed doors practice today. I know they did it earlier in the season.