British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Rohans down to ride at Cov Sunday

..and at Leicester. He's been told he must prove his fitness if he is to be considered for Monday, and Ippo have no meetings this week!! I see Barker is also riding!!

Tungate in will totally make the pirates weaker. only scored 2 there earlier in the season.

Janowski and Holder both got 15 but Magic blows hot and cold and could quite easily only get 7.

Hancock is pure class but he could struggle early doors.

The 2 reserves didnt score much so i guess Poole will improve there.

King only got 1 point i think and Harris and Doyle only 8.

Be interesting if the Brummies can keep heat 1 to 3-3 then go 10 or 11 up by the end of heat 5 then it could get interesting.

Unlikely but you never know.

And my god if Poole blow it this forum will go into meltdown

• Like 1

Tungate in will totally make the pirates weaker. only scored 2 there earlier in the season.

Janowski and Holder both got 15 but Magic blows hot and cold and could quite easily only get 7.

Be interesting if the Brummies can keep heat 1 to 3-3 then go 10 or 11 up by the end of heat 5 then it could get interesting.

We won't blow it Gavan, there will be no complacency. we know exactly what to expect from Birmingham.

Edited by Starman2006

But it was the events lies about the earlier call-off that meant an SCB Official had to be present for the September fixture (and all others) and as has been pointed out several times on the meeting thread, it has to be the HOME team's riders that request the abandonment!! Added to that, that BV had no other dates to rearrange the fixture before the cut-off and its in the rules (like it or not) that a meeting can be called after 10 heats! Don't blame Poole for the rules or the mistakes of others, we get enough c**p as it is!!! :P

An SCB Official is always in the pits for a Sky Meeting and has overall control of the proceedings on the night. On this occasion Poole and Sky engineered a result to enable Poole to be in the playoffs as was their preferred fourth qualifier. This was blatant match fixing with the help of the senior SCB official in the pits. The fact that this was witnessed by the crowd present at Belle Vue on the night and thousands more On television goes without any reprimand by the govering body i.e. the SCB. to either Sky, Poole Officials or the well known SCB Official in charge. This seems a little one sided when you find that the Centre Green Prese.nter at Birmingham posts a general comment about speedway on the night that the Birmingham Web Site is taken down yet again by the BSPA web master on orders or through personal spite, resulting in an SCB reprimand of 30 days suspension ensuring that Birmingham and to a lesser extent Coventry are denied his services for their presentations. No wonder Speedway has degenerated from a sport to an entertainment classification to rank besides wrestling in this country.Poole no doubt will go on to be crowned Elite League Champions, but outside Dorset it will be a very hollow victory and will be remembered by the rest of the speedway family of supporters as the day that speedway lost all credibility in this country.
  • Like 7

Will be a long tail for Poole at Perry Barr, Josh scored 0 (i think) when guesting for Coventry earlier in the season and Tungate doesnt do great there either.

Birmingham are devastated that they are not permitted to use their popular presenter Chris Simpson for the final as he has been suspended facing an SCB Court appearance.

A court hearing? Really? Or would tribunal/disciplinary hearing be nearer the mark?

But Birmingham drew at Poole earlier in the season, Darcy, Greg, Magic and THJ will all score well, Birmingham are out of form at the wrong time, i can see us winning the meeting which would be great but i hope the Brummies put up a fight. I think you are clutching at straws and i can't see Middlo letting that happen.

Edited by foreverblue

A court hearing? Really? Or would tribunal/disciplinary hearing be nearer the mark?

Yep the SCB do indeed have a court.........................

a5.png

• Like 2

We won't blow it Gavan, there will be no complacency. we know exactly what to expect from Birmingham.

dont expect you to blow it , would love it if you did but i doubt it.

You will have a long tail especially if Tungate rides.

I expect THJ to go well its his sort of track.

Ward will always score well.

But, and its a big but, if either Greg or Janowski or both, are not flying it could get interesting

But Birmingham drew at Poole earlier in the season, Darcy, Greg, Magic and THJ will all score well, Birmingham are out of form at the wrong time, i can see us winning the meeting which would be great but i hope the Brummies put up a fight. I think you are clutching at straws and i can't see Middlo letting that happen.

i think Poole will still win but lets be fair it isnt anything to do with Middlo. Not the sharpest regarding tactics and i think my nan could manage a team with Ward Hancock and Janowski as a top 3!!

where is the shovlar today?

has she been banned?

lol anyway been interesting that ive had proper discussions with the sensible Poole fans today

But, and its a big but, if either Greg or Janowski or both, are not flying it could get interesting

i think Poole will still win but lets be fair it isnt anything to do with Middlo. Not the sharpest regarding tactics and i think my nan could manage a team with Ward Hancock and Janowski as a top 3!!

has she been banned?

lol anyway been interesting that ive had proper discussions with the sensible Poole fans today

The odds of you having a 'proper discussion with the sensible Poole fans today' must be firmly in your favour Gavan - judging by the number of posts in most of the threads involving Poole. In fact it seems as though you are attempting to have the final word on every thread?! In which case Ithink I might well withdraw until after Monday and then again until after the AGM.

The odds of you having a 'proper discussion with the sensible Poole fans today' must be firmly in your favour Gavan - judging by the number of posts in most of the threads involving Poole. In fact it seems as though you are attempting to have the final word on every thread?! In which case Ithink I might well withdraw until after Monday and then again until after the AGM.

whats your issue? the big talking point in speedway is the elite league grand final so as its a forum open to us all im allowed as far as i can tell to comment on it.

and yes ive had decent discussions with decent Poole fans whats wrong with that?

and ive also commented on my own teams thread a lot today. also the horse racing one and the grand prix one.

hope thats ok with you

has she been banned?

And theres me thinking you thought magic would let us down, middlo may not always get the tactics right but he is a lovely guy and at poole we love him

Edited by foreverblue

middlo may not always get the tactics right but he is a lovely guy and at poole we love him

You may love him, but I would want a manager that gets the tactics right. So, are we saying Poole success is down to Matt's chequebook rather than Middlo's tactical nous?

An SCB Official is always in the pits for a Sky Meeting and has overall control of the proceedings on the night. On this occasion Poole and Sky engineered a result to enable Poole to be in the playoffs as was their preferred fourth qualifier. This was blatant match fixing with the help of the senior SCB official in the pits. The fact that this was witnessed by the crowd present at Belle Vue on the night and thousands more On television goes without any reprimand by the govering body i.e. the SCB. to either Sky, Poole Officials or the well known SCB Official in charge. This seems a little one sided when you find that the Centre Green Prese.nter at Birmingham posts a general comment about speedway on the night that the Birmingham Web Site is taken down yet again by the BSPA web master on orders or through personal spite, resulting in an SCB reprimand of 30 days suspension ensuring that Birmingham and to a lesser extent Coventry are denied his services for their presentations. No wonder Speedway has degenerated from a sport to an entertainment classification to rank besides wrestling in this country.Poole no doubt will go on to be crowned Elite League Champions, but outside Dorset it will be a very hollow victory and will be remembered by the rest of the speedway family of supporters as the day that speedway lost all credibility in this country.

Spot on!! :t:

• Like 2

If he has recovered from his virus he will ride, Rohan will ride if he has recovered from his injury.

Rohan's rides only got 5 points and Newman got 3, can't see Dyer not scoring 3 at home against the weak,on the night, Birmingham reserves and Rohan is easily capable of 5 anytime.

Rohans down to ride at Cov Sunday

No surprise that Rohan is trying to make a comeback. Everyone knew there was no way he would be riding for Poole in the last 2 Mondays when Josh can be given 7 rides which makes Poole much stronger. Now the job is as good as done so Rohan can score whatever points he can.

Josh is Poole`s rider of the Play offs. I hold my hands up and say i never thought it was possible for him to up his game the way he did, and fair play to him for more than proving he isn't a weak link when it matters.