British Speedway Forum

If Morris was available, going with Proctor will be a big mistake imo..

• Like 2

Proctor will miss less than half the meetings that Morris will and his average gives more scope for a guest, seems a no brainer to me. Same for Doyle riding at number one in the EL rather than the PL, had to be done if he has GP aspirations.

• Like 3

Proctor is a gd rider we had him at plymouth last season but he will not be the force doyle was however quite happy to have newman and hopefully davies in exchange for todd kurts and proctor cant understand why the rebels have completely dismantled last seasons team only needed one or two changes to accomadate brady maybe cost cutting i suppose seems the only logical reason

If JD gets a tier 5 visa and rides for Leicester does this also prevent him from guesting. Does it prevent him from riding in individuals,testimonials Benfund etc as he would only be representing his club in what now looks like a defunct ELRC.

Simple answer to that seems to be yes, otherwise he would have been able to ride for the Rebels.

Having said that the UKBA rules appear to contradict that, which still leaves me in some confusion over the whole episode and where this single team decision has come from?

cant understand why the rebels have completely dismantled last seasons team only needed one or two changes to accomadate brady maybe cost cutting i suppose seems the only logical reason

Think you may find that the rule changes surrounding double up riders who are assets of the other club is the main reason for 'dismantling' the team, with three of last years team being owned by, and doubling up with clubs other than Somerset. Whilst it might be possible too work with one or two riders affected in that way, three would be virtually impossible. Edited by womble53
  • Like 1

So the dust has settled and it`s Proctor for Doyley. If he can replicate the form he was showing when he got injured the Rebels may be ok. In saying that though these are massive shoes to fill but all the very best to him and all the "New Rebels".It will be odd following them this year without Alex,Kyle and JD, fixtures in the side for the last two seasons and beyond.

It will be hard I think with so many new faces trying to get dialled into the OTA at once, home advantage will be out of the window I feel at the start.Here`s my slant on the team.

Ty Proctor - Hardest job of all following the Somerset icon that Doyle has become.

Todd Kurtz - Put on a great show for us in the famous 4 man match at Rye which probably helped his cause. He can be a valuable and useful reserve,not sure about him in the team proper.Has a liking for the OTA though.

Pontus Aspgren - He asked about joining us pre season so he should be up for it at least, 3rd heat leader though,not sure again.

Brady Kurtz - Heard nothing but good things about this lad, the Rebels have been after him for a while so hopefully he does ok. A first season similar to Sam Masters will do for me.He is very young I just hope people don`t expect too much from him.

Olly Allen - I am expecting big things from him, he has to become the new leader on and off the track and challenging Proctor for the No1 jacket.

Charles Wright - Good old Charlie the only one left from the all conquering 2013 side.I looking to him to get his average progressing like Alex Davies did over the last couple of years.

Paul Starke - Did very well last term in the National League if he can get his average up to 4 he`s done ok.

Finally I can`t see this team being anything near last years team, top 6 maybe........it will be very tough.

so that will probably be the end of doyle riding in the premier , missing a season will mean if he wants to ride premier in 2015 it will be off his converted elite average which will likely be to high

Good a EL number 1 shouldn't be riding in the PL anyway.

• Like 5

Good a EL number 1 shouldn't be riding in the PL anyway.

And of course this has nothing to do with your bitterness towards Somerset ever since Nielsen got dropped last season.

Jason Doyle being lost to the PL is a massive loss.

Edited by Najjer

And of course this has nothing to do with your bitterness towards Somerset ever since Nielsen got dropped last season.

Jason Doyle being lost to the PL is a massive loss.

There you are ;) . Now do you still think Josh will win nothing with Workington. Lets start with 3 league points when the Comets visit the Oak Tree Arena :P:party:

There you are ;) . Now do you still think Josh will win nothing with Workington. Lets start with 3 league points when the Comets visit the Oak Tree Arena :P:party:

I do still believe Workington will win nothing, yes - Why in your mind you thought us signing Ty Proctor would effect that, I don't know.

Cant see Somerset winning anything this season. Proctor will ave about 8 I think, Allen no doubt will get injured at some point. Kurtz will be good but mediocre after that imo.

• Like 1

I do still believe Workington will win nothing, yes - Why in your mind you thought us signing Ty Proctor would effect that, I don't know.

Given the amount of money they've splashed out on the team this year I'd be very disappointed if they don't win anything this year if I was a Worky fan.

• Like 2

Given the amount of money they've splashed out on the team this year I'd be very disappointed if they don't win anything this year if I was a Worky fan.

Heard a similar thing myself - chequebook Speedway of the highest order.

what is it with Workington fans and bitterness to all other clubs?

• Like 2

what is it with Workington fans and bitterness to all other clubs?

Have you ever been to Workington? :) Edited by Pirate Nick