British Speedway Forum

Excellent statement from Mr Phillips on the BSPA website, apologising profusely to AP Media for all the issues over the website. Admitted the club had got it wrong and welcoming AP back with open arms!!

So AP has apologised to AP and will welcome AP back?

This is getting more confusing by the minute.

• Like 4

I do wonder why Alan Phillips chose to stay in that case, he must know the fans and riders alike need convincing all the issues are in the past which would be hard enough to do without any other problems, and Tony Mole offered him a way out, why not take it ? :neutral:

Knowing the astute Mr Mole, any offer to buy the club would have been well below the expectations of AP. (I believe Moley still has a financial interest in the club)

With Moley sidelined, Badger and Ratty gone we are left with Mr Toad!

The latest announcement on the BSPA site does not fill me with confidence..... oh dear, oh dear...

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

A lot of people on here need to apologise to Andy Povey too after the 14 pages of crap on here from people not knowing what they were talking about.

Fair enough, I'll hold my hands up to that one, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong.

In my defence however, when there's two versions of events, your always going to back the one in favour of your club without overwhelming evidence either way, so is it my fault for trying to defend my club, or the person who mislead me ?.

• Like 2

A lot of people on here need to apologise to Andy Povey too after the 14 pages of crap on here from people not knowing what they were talking about.

Actually there are perhaps 22 pages of "Crap" but hardly a mention of Mr Povey or the Web site on this thread. I respectfully suggest you reply to the original thread to air your grievances. a rant by the Andy Povey protection league is not required.

Fair enough, I'll hold my hands up to that one, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong.

In my defence however, when there's two versions of events, your always going to back the one in favour of your club without overwhelming evidence either way, so is it my fault for trying to defend my club, or the person who mislead me ?.

On this forum we all gain most of our info from unaccredited sources, Those who cry apologise should put their own house in order first.

• Like 1

or you can just say sorry, it's not that difficult

I could have chose to stick two fingers up to the suggestion than say anything at all y'know.

• Like 1

Excellent statement from Mr Phillips on the BSPA website, apologising profusely to AP Media for all the issues over the website. Admitted the club had got it wrong and welcoming AP back with open arms!!

WOULDN'T read to much into Birmingham apologising to Andy Povey. My understanding is that they were forced to use his services and if they hadn't apologised then they wouldn't be having a new website at all.

WOULDN'T read to much into Birmingham apologising to Andy Povey. My understanding is that they were forced to use his services and if they hadn't apologised then they wouldn't be having a new website at all.

So they don't have the humility to acknowledge and learn from their mistakes; those who don't learn repeat!

So they don't have the humility to acknowledge and learn from their mistakes; those who don't learn repeat!

Definition of insanity, isn't it?

SGP, don't take the Mick. This was on the Brummies forum last night from Dave Rowe who is the Brum's prog ed and announcer:

No - all sites must be hosted on the BSPA's dedicated server, but AP Media is not the server administrator, and in the 2013 season five of the ten EL clubs had AP Media websites.

THINK you'll find that not ALL clubs are forced to use AP Media Services it's just Birmingham. I believe Rowe is very pally with Andy Povey as are the Drury's and Pearson. Coincidence?

Edited by SGP

THINK you'll find that not ALL clubs are forced to use AP Media Services it's just Birmingham. I believe Rowe is very pally with Andy Povey as are the Drury's and Pearson. Coincidence?

SGP isn't speedway all about the old pals game? And when some people don't get what they want they behave like a spoilt BRAT?