British Speedway Forum

You have to admit it is one hell of a co-incidence that his new average allows him to do it & then he bangs in a 15 point maximum the very next meeting when a premier league slot is sorted?.

That said the reality that Danny is high on the list of the foreign leagues isn't there so fair play for him getting a slot in the Premier league as if it happens in Sweden then why not here.

To be fair I don't see the problem in letting any British rider doubling up whatever their average is, if a PL club wants to include someone on a 12 plus MA what's the problem, they still have to get a team under the points limit and it will help him and British Speedway.

I am just consistently fed up with foreign riders coming into the UK on clearly false assessed averages.

• Like 3

It is a sorry state of affairs at the Brummies, In my opinion losing the likes of Phil Morris & Jason Doyle this season have turned away many supporters as the team left behind is sub standard to say the least! coupled with the fact there are No experienced Speedway people left behind running the Club, it is a recipe for disaster.

I think despite his good intentions Mr.Phillips has dug a massive hole in sand for himself.

People will not attend during these difficult financial times paying out a lot of money for a poor product, merely begging folk to attend will not work, AP Wants people to attend on Weds against Eastbourne but who is going to pay £15!

I hope something works out but it is hard to see how at the moment.

• Like 2

I feel the biggest problem in this instant world we know live in is the speed of the meeting, long, slow and big gaps between races, we had the terrible incident with Skornicki last week and the usual time spent, when the paramedic wasnt available, now I understand the need for the Doctor/paramedic to be with the injured rider, but wouldent it be better in these days to have two qualified medics at the track so the action can continue, there is nothing happening while the Paramedic is away to entertain the fans, even the bloke in the middle went walkabout (thats not a dig) and it was just the music and the bloke in the box thanking us for our understanding, but you can see people getting bored.

The whole thing needs to be speeded up, keep the action coming, look at the SGP four heats, grade the track, four more heats and please can we get rid of the interval, if you grade the track it gives people enough time to go to the loo, track shop or get something to eat and drink.

Can I add before I get lynched Im not having ago at the Paramedics or the St johns people, but this has been going on for years and it never seems to be sorted, speed everything up.

• Like 1

So Brummie's, is it the team- the promotion - speedway as a whole - or just got something better to do that's keeping people away?

TBH, I think it's a combination of all of the above.

I know many people who have drifted away because of this and I have personally only been to one meeting this season as a result and, like others, I am not missing it and I thought I would - it's a worrying trend!

Sadly, I've heard the same sentiments, both posted on forums and from individuals personally. You're right - it is a worrying trend - and it's not likely to decrease in the immediate future.

I feel for Birmingham Speedway. even last year when they had a brilliant season, they still never seemed to have big crowds.

Maybe open days or promoting at events will bring new people to Birmingham speedway, fan forums to see what is making people stay away.

did fans prefer it went Birmingham were in the PL?

Speedway as a whole is missing something.

There's nothing to get excited about it anymore.

There is nothing going on to get people talking in the pubs.

There is no bad guy at every meeting.

There is no one to wind the fans up during the meeting.

It needs more than speedway racing and 14+ nice guys turning up to entertain to get people through the turnstiles.

Edited by Deano

There is no bad guy at every meeting.

There is no one to wind the fans up during the meeting.

Isn't this a product of the fact that crowds are low though? Much easier to get banter/atmosphere with 5000 in the crowd, rather than 500 people thinly scattered round a perimeter fence.

Isn't this a product of the fact that crowds are low though? Much easier to get banter/atmosphere with 5000 in the crowd, rather than 500 people thinly scattered round a perimeter fence.

I agree, there is very much a chicken and egg scenario. A low crowd doesn't help the atmosphere and no atmosphere isn't going to bring in the crowds.

It needs more than speedway racing and 14+ nice guys turning up to entertain to get people through the turnstiles.

That! The Bet365 feed highlight this hugely. 15 minutes of racing spread over 2 hours. Fill the gaps FFS!!

I agree, there is very much a chicken and egg scenario. A low crowd doesn't help the atmosphere and no atmosphere isn't going to bring in the crowds.

Quite right. It's hard to see how speedway can dig itself out of the mess it's in without a drastic reduction in admission costs in order to entice punters back. However, I think what'll actually happen is that speedway will continue on it's present course, gradually slipping further into the sporting backwaters.

I visited Birmingham last Thursday, although. Coventry supporter I like to visit local tracks. I paid my £15 for two weeks speedway BOGOF despite this offer I was amazed at the number if supporters that were at Perry Barr and I feel for the management of the second city club. Speedway still shootists elfin the foot, Coventry go to Eastbourne with a third division rider as replacement for Hans Anderson, how does the leaders of our great sport allow such stupid situations and expect the great British public to keep forking out their hard earned wages on third rate decisions Let me make it clear I am not having a go at National League riders I go to all the national League meetings at Coventry and fully endorse these meetings to any genuine supporter.

It is not the BSPA who are to blame but Andersen.

He decided to race in an unofficial competition. Effectively, no different than a challenge match. If the BSPA allowed a guest facility then you may as well allow them for any absence, no matter what the reason.

It is not the BSPA who are to blame but Andersen.

He decided to race in an unofficial competition. Effectively, no different than a challenge match. If the BSPA allowed a guest facility then you may as well allow them for any absence, no matter what the reason.

The BSPA are right. But Andersen should be banned now. Regardless of Coventry using a facility or not. The Fans were cheated, they deserve to know Hans doesn't get away with it.