British Speedway Forum

BIRMINGHAM have pulled off the shock signing of Polish sensation Bartosz Zmarzlik.

Zmarzlik, 19, has agreed a short-term deal to replace the injured Adam Skornicki who has returned to Poland for a second opinion on his hip damage.

The new rider will make his Selco Brummies debut against Belle Vue at Perry Barr next Wednesday.

He burst onto the scene in 2012 as he sensationally claimed a spot on the rostrum as wildcard in the FIM Polish Grand Prix in Gorzow.

Delighted Selco Brummies owner Alan Phillips said: "He's not a big name but he's a young, hungry, exceptionally talented rider and he was always my number one choice.

"I've been after him for a few weeks now and I'm just delighted we've managed to finalise the deal.

"Obviously he'll initially be standing in for Adam which will give him a chance to grit his teeth in British racing.

"Hopefully we can see him get to grips with the Elite League fairly quickly and he can make a positive impact for us."

Why is it all these foreign riders names are difficult to pronounce. Gone are the days of Olsen, Penhall, Briggs, Fundin, when we all knew how to pronounce them

Giving the position Birmingham find themselves in, the least of their problems is name pronunciations.

• Like 1

There isn't anything difficult about pronouncing his name. There's only two syllables in his forename and two in his surname.

Shame he isn't at Brandon on Monday.

Good job they didn't sign Pawel Przedpełski then isn't it. Welcome to Birmingham, Bartek.

BARDZO DOBRZE!!!

Moje klipy rowerowe zostały uderzył piorun

• Like 1

There isn't anything difficult about pronouncing his name. There's only two syllables in his forename and two in his surname.

Yes, but what are they?

• Like 1

Birmingham have signed Bartosz Zmarzlik as short term cover for Adam Skornicki.

Superb news. I will make the effort to go watch him.

Why is it all these foreign riders names are difficult to pronounce.

Think its pronounced BARTOSH SMARSHLIK ;)

• Like 2

Hands up who's just going to write "Bart" in the programme.

• Like 2

Great signing for Birmingham in particular and the EL in general. I hope Brummie fans flock to PB in huge numbers - so that he will get paid!! :wink:

• Like 7

Great signing for Birmingham in particular and the EL in general. I hope Brummie fans flock to PB in huge numbers - so that he will get paid!! :wink:

Well said Skiddy - totally agree!

I wouldn't agree with Allan Phillips that he isn't a big name - I think given that he is only 19 he is quite a coup for Brummies. :t:

......in fact I think I might make the trek over to Birmingham on Wednesday!

Edited by TesarRacing

Great signing - but unless he starts with a maximum this won't be enough to appease the incessant moaners who are desperate to see the club fold.

• Like 3

I for one might well do so. Maybe others will too. A far more inspirational signing than Edward Kennet ever was, so maybe those others who were depressed by that caliber of rider might well feel better about this one.

Might just reinforce confidence in fans about the future too. Who knows? A full time rider and a club asset next year? (Well, let's get there first, but why not have the glass half full for now, for a change?)

• Like 1

WOW! :o , great signing for the Brummies and the Elite League. Good to see us signing a young, talented rider like Bartosz Zmarzlik and I hope he can adapt to British tracks.

Credit to Alan for pulling this off and I hope he's rewarded with a big crowd against Belle Vue on Wednesday and beyond. I'm not expecting big things straight away as its all new to him but Perry Barr isnt a bad track for Pole to adapt to. The Pawlicki brothers, Janowski ,the Szcepaniak brothers have all showed their liking at times for the track, and even Tomasz Piszcz back in the Pl days!! :D

Welcome to the Brummies Bartosz, would be great if we see some of this (white helmet) :t: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMZmvhikso

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

I am impressed with the Birmingham management a great signing hope he does well.