British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2013/14

Latest news is that the European semi final has been scrapped and therefore the final will be staged over two days. There are not enough riders interested to stage an semi final.

Latest news is that the European semi final has been scrapped and therefore the final will be staged over two days. There are not enough riders interested to stage an semi final.

Bad news,especially after a lot of moans that the world champ quali rounds were slimmed down and riders don't get enough meetings......

Sportowefakty have announced that N sport are showing live the 2nd day of the Sanok cup on Sunday 26th January-maybe the Polish streamers will show it. Programme starts at 15.45 Polish time(2.45pm uk time)

latest line-up

Sanok Cup:
Austria: Franz Zorn, Josef Kreuzberger, Johann Bruckner
Czechy: Jan Klatovsky, Jan Pecina, Lukas Hutla, Radek Hutla
Finlandia: Antti Aakko, Jouni Seppanen
Holandia: Sven Holstein, Simon Reitsma, Gerrit Schukken, Ruben de Jong
Niemcy: Franz Mayerbuechler junior
Polska: Grzegorz Knapp, Mirosław Daniszewski, Michał Knapp
Rosja: Nikołaj Krasnikow, Dmitrij Kołtakow, Igor Kononow
Szwajcaria: Simon Gartmann, Markus Birn, Martin Glarner
Szwecja: Per-Olof Serenius, Stefan Svensson, Tommy Flyktman, Daniel Henderson

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

RUSSIAN INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL 2, Ufa,

Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th January 2014

Results:

Danil Ivanov (Togliatti) 28 (13+15),

Dmitri Koltakov (Ufa) 25 (13+12),

Sergei Makharov (Lukhovitsy) 23 (11+12),

Igor Kononov (Sterlitamak) 23 (12+11),

Dmitri Khomitsevich (Samara) 20 (13+7)

Andrei Gavrilkin (Samara) 20 (9+11),

Vitalli Khomitsevich (Samara) 17 (7+10),

Igor Saydullin (Togliatti) 17 (8+9),

Andrei Shishegov (Sterlitamak) 13 (5+8),

Eduard Krysov (Kamensk Ural) 12 (6+6),

Yegor Myshkovets (Ufa) 10 (6+4)

Evgeny Sharov (Sterlitamak) 7 (6+1),

Eugene Kosov (Samara) 7 (3+4),

Vasilli Kosov 7 (4+3)

Pawel Tschajka (Blagoveshchensk) 6 (2+4),

Danil Goloshykhyn (Blagoveshchensk) 2 (2+0)

Overall: (Best 3 scores count)

Ivanov 40+3,

Koltakov 40+f,

Makharov 34+3,

Kononov 34 +2,

D. Khomitsevich 33,

Gavrilkin 32,

V. Khomitsevich 27,

Sharov 26,

Saydullin 22,

Krysov 21,

Tschajka 18,

Shishegov 15,

Myshkovets 14,

E. Kosov 13,

V. Kosov 9,

Goloshykhyn 2

Danil Ivanov is the new Russian Champion

Makharov and Kononov will represent Russia in the Challenge in Austria

Bad news,especially after a lot of moans that the world champ quali rounds were slimmed down and riders don't get enough meetings......

FIM Europe got their fingers burned last year when half the riders in the final took places in the semi final just to make up the numbers. I suspect thats why they have changed it for this year.

Perhaps if they thought about where they stage it it might attract a few more riders.

The challenge in Sankt Johann is cancelled, and guess what... the FIM has no backup.... They are now going to seed the 15 GP riders :(

FIM Europe got their fingers burned last year when half the riders in the final took places in the semi final just to make up the numbers. I suspect thats why they have changed it for this year.

Perhaps if they thought about where they stage it it might attract a few more riders.

Not sure what they have to think about.....with something like this i doubt tracks are queing up to hold the meeting.Scandinavian countries aren't generally that interested in hosting FIM or FIM Europe meetings.Berlin have gone the way of a number of dirt track promoters.They can put on a meeting that will attract x amount of fans almost regardless of who is in the line-up and what the title is.So they think why should i host an FIM meeting and have to jump through hoops and pay for the privilege when i can hold my own meeting and be my own boss......

As it is the season is turning into a bit of a desaster after it has been announced St.Johann has been cancelled and the FIM don't have a back up plan......well they do.It is seeding the riders into the GPs rather than having any qualifier(s).....

The challenge in Sankt Johann is cancelled, and guess what... the FIM has no backup.... They are now going to seed the 15 GP riders :(

So Aakko is in and Tani out. Bauer is in, Zorn is in...

Who says ice racing isnt predictable! :neutral:

What a shame... quite easy to make up the draw now :(

Koltakov, Khomitsevich, Ivanov, Kononov, Makarov, Zorn, Simon, Bauer, Pletschacher, Svensson, Lindstrom, Knapp, Klatovsky, Aakko and Stellingwerf.... plus one wildcard each GP weekend.

Not sure what they have to think about.....with something like this i doubt tracks are queing up to hold the meeting.Scandinavian countries aren't generally that interested in hosting FIM or FIM Europe meetings.Berlin have gone the way of a number of dirt track promoters.They can put on a meeting that will attract x amount of fans almost regardless of who is in the line-up and what the title is.So they think why should i host an FIM meeting and have to jump through hoops and pay for the privilege when i can hold my own meeting and be my own boss......

As it is the season is turning into a bit of a desaster after it has been announced St.Johann has been cancelled and the FIM don't have a back up plan......well they do.It is seeding the riders into the GPs rather than having any qualifier(s).....

You are spot on Doug, the promoters can make money if they stage their annual meeting as fans will go, although a few 'names' in the line up attract the fans from further afield - Krasnikov will race the odd meeting here and there and pull the punters in who want to see him, same with Zorn and Bauer, who will pull in their fans. The FIM want Ice Racing, but then appear to be doing little to promote it.

Ice racing was an exciting sport in the 1980s, but has become terribly boring now. Nothing exciting happening for several years, it is always the same old, same old, ...

• Like 1

I find it odd that they didnt race the GP qualification at the end of last season. Knowing that you are in the GP would make sponsors easier to get for those riders. Also everyone would be on the top of their game at the end of the season.

I find it odd that they didnt race the GP qualification at the end of last season. Knowing that you are in the GP would make sponsors easier to get for those riders. Also everyone would be on the top of their game at the end of the season.

Thats how it's been "indicated" in the past couple of years in the FIM calendars/drafts. Has not happened though...

It's in this years edition as well lol. But it's not going to happen, there are not alot of clubs who want to stage a FIM meeting due to their demands. One of the members of the Ice Speedway UK group on Facebook made a very sensible post a few days ago (after the pathetic news of the challenge cancellation):

"a real pity but do not understand that the FIM does not have a back up available, every normal thinking person already saw this problem coming up a couple of weeks ago. Why not try to arrange something with for example with Sanok they have organized a qualification earlier and have an artificial ice track available in that weekend. If the FIM have a little bit less demands and supprt the organizers financially than I think that Sanok was willing to organize the qualification together with their Sanok Cup. Again, to my humble opinion, the FIM does not do the sport a favour."

I think he's spot on.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

I hope that the plan to build a speed skating stadium to Oulu goes on. Full 400m Inzel style track. Big and important races should not be planned on natural ice.

• Like 1

RUSSIAN JUNIOR INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP, SATURDAY 18TH & SUNDAY 19TH JANUARY 2014

SEMI FINAL 1, NOVOSIBIRSK

Result:

Kyrill Popov (Kamensk Ural) 29+3 (14+15),

Artem Akulov (Kamensk Ural) 29+2 (15+14),

Roman Pavlenko (Shadrinsk) 26 (13+13),

Konstantin Kolenkin (Shadrinsk) 20 (9+11),

Stanislav Stukov (Shadrinsk) 20 (10+10),

Eugene Yagodkin (Novosibirsk) 17 (8+9),

Yuri Olejnik (Shadrinsk) 17 (8+9),

Bogdan Farvazov (Ufa) 16 (9+7),

Ivan Chichkov (Ufa) 15 (9+6),

Mikhail Myasnikov (Shadrinsk) 11 (8+3),

Alexei Elenski (Blagoveshchensk) 10 (3+7),

Emil Shabanov (Ufa) 10 (5+5),

Maksim Siderov (Shadrinsk) 9 (3+6),

Vladislav Morov (Ufa) 9 (3+6),

Alexander Varyukhin (Kemerovo) 3 (1+2),

Dmitri Varyukhin (Kemerovo) 2 (1+1)

Vyacheslav Dubinan Memorial Trophy:

Final: Akulov, Popov, Pavlenko, Kolenkin

SEMI FINAL 2, LUKHOVITSY

Result:

Yegor Myshkovets (Ufa) 30 (15+15),

Yegor Kozenyi (Lukhovitsy) 26 (13+13),

Alex Vitrek (Ufa) 24 (12+12),

Mikhail Litvinov (Togliatti) 24 (12+12),

Sergei Agaltsov (Togliatti) 20 (9+11),

Roman Kholodov (Samara) 18 (12+6),

Dinar Valeev (Izhevsk) 17 (7+10),

Vladislav Khramov (Penza)17 (6+9),

Yegor Pershin (Samara) 12 (8+4),

Alexander Zolotarev (Glazov) 9 (5+4),

Dmitri Lotorev (Lukhovitsy) 8 (4+4)

Ivan Zyryanov (Glazov) 7 (4+3),

Alexei Kalganov (Lukhovitsy) 7 (2+5),

Ivan Bolshakov (Togliatti) 4 (4+DNR),

Valentin Drachyov (Lukhovitsy) 0 (0+DNR)

The Russian Junior Final takes place at Ufa on the weekend of the 8th/9th February.