British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2013/14

Hard overtake by Posa against Zorn and also great work to keep his bike up with his left knee to get 2 points.

Lagging of the first stream is indication that there is a lot more watching.. :neutral: Lots of spectators in Sanok. People between the trees watching the meeting. Crash between Svensson and Posa.. Posa was like why did you do that?! :rofl: Nice touch by Stefan then to loan a bike for Posa.

edit. 1 minute is very short time when you are behind Posa. 1 minute is veeery long time when you are trying to keep Posa behind!

Edited by Bream

Good old Posa at 61 years young

Serenius is 66 years old in March !

I think it is embarrasing of all the other competitors in this "sport" that a rider his age can still be competitive, in fact even better than most others, except the Russians. This sport of motorcycle ice racing has become a boring joke.

I think it is embarrasing of all the other competitors in this "sport" that a rider his age can still be competitive, in fact even better than most others, except the Russians. This sport of motorcycle ice racing has become a boring joke.

You are indeed correct in his age-I took 2 years off my age instead of adding 2 years !!

CUP OF RUSSIA (FINAL 1), SHADRINSK, Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th January, 2014

Result: Vitalli Khomitsevich (Samara) 27 (13+14),

Eduard Krysov (Kamensk Ural) 25 (12+13),

Igor Saydullin (Togliatti) 20+3 (10+10),

Mikhail Dimitrishin (Kamensk Ural) 20+2 (11+9),

Evgeny Sharov 20 +ef (11+9),

Sergei Karachintsev (Togliatti) 19 (9+10),

Yegor Myshkovets (17 (7+10),

Andrei Shishegov (Sterlitamak) 17 (11+6),

Andrei Gavrilkin (Samara) 11 (DNR+11),

Vyacheslav Svitek (Kamensk Ural) 11 (5+6),

Dmitri Bulankin (Ufa) 11 (3+8),

Nikita Toloknov (Samara) 10 (5+5),

Roman Pavlenko (Shadrinsk) 7 (4+3),

Artem Novik (Kamensk Ural) 6 (6+DNR),

Danil Goloshykhyn (Blagoveshchensk) 6 (4+2),

Kyrill Popov (Kamensk Ural) 5 (3+2),

Stanislav Stukov (Shadrinsk) 4 (3+1),

Konstantin Kolenkin (Shadrinsk) 2 (2+0)

Managed to watch most of the Sanok cup too. Most of those watching were chatting on the Ice Speedway facebook group. Looked quite a good meeting.

I'm in Moscow next weekend for my first trip to watch Russian Ice Speedway. I'll try and post results here next weekend

Im amazed how Posa (..and Svensson) still have the mental edge to go on. Usually riders loses their mental edge and realizes mortality of their bodies and quits. Not many quits because they have got everything you can from the sport. You cant do overtaking like Posa did today if you are in any doubt. After all these years he still improves his equipment, still does his training, still gets on his bike after all the crashes he has had.. and has no doubt to go for the gap to overtake in next heat.

Ice Speedway Gladiators Challenge Meeting - St. Johann, Austria

Can any one help with the heat details please

Edited by RAFA

No.It was cancelled and wasn't held either at St.Johann or any where else.The riders for the GPs were selected and are listed on this thread

Lol Bavarian, have you ever seen iceracing? OK there aren't many young riders getting through, but I don't call it boring to be honest.

Had an amazing weekend in Sanok. The saturday was not the best racing because the lineup was a bit wierd and unfair (Kononov racing against Birn for example). BUT the sunday event was realy good.

Saturday pics: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/285/sanok-cup-zaterdag-.html
Sunday pics: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/286/sanok-cup-zondag-.html

And yes; on one of the sunday pics you will see Krasnikov having a go on an speedway bike!!! :)

Oh yes, I have seen a fair bit of ice racing, and not just on tv. I attended some meetings in Germany in the 1980s and it was a very exciting sport in those days. It was much more competitive then, as even some well know speedway riders took to the ice in those days. Compared to that, I can tell You, that the ice racing scene now is quite boring.

You have to say the scene has stagnated.Anyone looking in at the highlights shown on Bavarian or Berlin tv could be thinking they are seeing the same clips from the year before and the year before that.The same 5 minutes with some clips of crashes a few seconds from one or two heats,some 'talking heads',usually Bauer,Zorn or Pletschacher and a Russian winner.The Berlin show also always seemed to have a small interview with the guy who ran the show.......every year the same formula!!! No new young stars,at least not from western Europe.

Like i have said before it all comes a bit too late to attract many fans anyway.You see the Berlin or Inzell clips and if you are interested enough,find out the next meeting is in a years time.By that time most have forgotten all about it.And the changing weather is playing havoc with the calendar and also training chances of youngsters who want to take up the sport.I mean how many young guys who fancy doing the sport are going to travel straight away to Scandinavia or better Russia to train?????And then just for a handful of meetings per season if you are any good.Honestly can't see anything in the sport improving.But that doesn't mean you can't see some great races or great meetings,which you certainly can

• Like 1

Rules allowing rear suspension is one reason. Budgets went up over night and you need much more testing to do to be competitive. Russians have best places to test all the time. Now days they have money and components also.