British Speedway Forum
Trees

Your Stadium Assessment?

Hahaha I'm sure every Scottish fan knows exactly how to paint their family tartan :)

Surely the most improved stadium this season is at Ipswich. There are now 1500 seats on the back straight and new food outlets on the second bend with hoptitality suites above .there are also wheelchair access areas. only problem is no extra punters this season

Surely the most improved stadium this season is at Ipswich. There are now 1500 seats on the back straight and new food outlets on the second bend with hoptitality suites above .there are also wheelchair access areas. only problem is no extra punters this season

Yes, Foxhall Heath Stadium landlords Spedeworth have dobe a good job. And it is indicated that further improvements will be made there this summer. Already hosts to the National Hot Rod world championship, the indications further upgrades are deigned to land the Brisca F1 world championship. But, of course, the improvements also have a knock-on effect because they also benefit the speedway and its supporters, :D

Interestingly, there's the rub, I don't think the average speedway supporter is that worried about the track facilities, they just want good racing, good track surface and value for money! Tarted up stadiums do not automatically provide what I have mentioned.

• Like 1

Interestingly, there's the rub, I don't think the average speedway supporter is that worried about the track facilities, they just want good racing, good track surface and value for money! Tarted up stadiums do not automatically provide what I have mentioned.

Sorry, i don't go along with you there. Presentation is everything..

Interestingly, there's the rub, I don't think the average speedway supporter is that worried about the track facilities,

There isn't that many "average" speedway supporters though.

Sorry, i don't go along with you there. Presentation is everything..

Nonsense.

Its the quality of the product - ie the racing - that matters most. Put a dog turd in a shiny wrapper and its still a dog turd.

I agree with Ray that most supporters don't care that much about the stadium providing the speedway is entertaining but I can well believe that no matter how good it is some will be put off by filthy toilets, no shelter and revolting food.

• Like 2

Of course the quality of the racing is important but especially for familys most track facilities are rubbish & haven't been improved for donkeys years. When you consider how much we pay to get in at least a toilet facility which dosent resemble the somme isn't a lot to ask. Just as a matter of interest has health & safety ever inspected the toilets at swindon ?

Of course the quality of the racing is important but especially for familys most track facilities are rubbish & haven't been improved for donkeys years. When you consider how much we pay to get in at least a toilet facility which dosent resemble the somme isn't a lot to ask. Just as a matter of interest has health & safety ever inspected the toilets at swindon ?

Edited by grachan

Nonsense.

Its the quality of the product - ie the racing - that matters most. Put a dog turd in a shiny wrapper and its still a dog turd.

I agree with Ray that most supporters don't care that much about the stadium providing the speedway is entertaining but I can well believe that no matter how good it is some will be put off by filthy toilets, no shelter and revolting food.

all the tracks ive been to in the last 2 years berwick speedway has the best FOOD. allways fresh well cooked and is pure dead brillant.if food is a big concerd for a lot of people how about a league next season for the top track food

• Like 1

Us regulars don't worry too much about state of stadium, but i've a feeling any potential newbies might do. One thing i've noticed is the variance in the level of track lighting..Watching 4 riders disappear into shadows isn't clever

• Like 1

Take a look at football stadiums before and after the Taylor report on Hillsborough. Football has attracted more punters through the gates since then, and the new facilities are a big reason for this.

If stadium facilities are so important why did Arena Essex get packed to the rafters on both Saturday and Sunday last weekend for bangers, stock cars and such? So much so that people were parking in the motorway service station. This has never ever happened at any speedway meeting held there.

If the people who own our track, let us do what we could, EOES would be far superior to the rest IMO. But with the massive holes in the fixtures and other petty loopholes, we will always struggle.

We definitely have one of the best tracks in the UK, but facilities wise, apart from that, its a struggle, the car parks probably 2nd best, and that's where you know your struggling. Foods over priced and no real choice, the bar is nothing to speak off, and pits are steady.

The grandstand certainly gives you potential to improve things, but need more big meetings to pack it out, as just filling it with 600-700 gives you no atmosphere.

I'd give us a solid 7/10.

If the people who own our track, let us do what we could, EOES would be far superior to the rest IMO. But with the massive holes in the fixtures and other petty loopholes, we will always struggle.

We definitely have one of the best tracks in the UK, but facilities wise, apart from that, its a struggle, the car parks probably 2nd best, and that's where you know your struggling. Foods over priced and no real choice, the bar is nothing to speak off, and pits are steady.

The grandstand certainly gives you potential to improve things, but need more big meetings to pack it out, as just filling it with 600-700 gives you no atmosphere.

I'd give us a solid 7/10.

Which is what track?

If stadium facilities are so important why did Arena Essex get packed to the rafters on both Saturday and Sunday last weekend for bangers, stock cars and such? So much so that people were parking in the motorway service station. This has never ever happened at any speedway meeting held there.

Perhaps because moire people are interested in all the varied elements that small oval car racing offers rather than a one formula sport. It's the same in Holland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa where there are the two types of track sport.

And besides Arena Essex how do attendances compare at other UK stadiums where both forms of racing take place? Very large crowds for the cars at Eastbourne were mentioned on the BSF earlier in the year for example.

For all that, I am a speedway diehard and have been since 1946!