British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Latest On Hull?

I was just wondering if there is anything actively going on to get speedway to return to Hull?

Does anyone know anybody that is currently involved with Hull and how I could contact them?

Many thanks

Edited by Islander15

I was just wondering if there is anything actively going on to get speedway to return to Hull?

Does anyone know anybody that is currently involved with Hull and how I could contact them?

Many thanks

You could PM Martin Mauger on this forum as he is/was pretty active regarding Hull.

• Like 1

Thanks for thinking of Hull. No news is, well, no news. But - efforts are still being made to bring speedway back to the city. You will understand that I can't say anymore, but the campaign continues to put the Hull Vikings back on track....

• Like 4

Thanks for thinking of Hull. No news is, well, no news. But - efforts are still being made to bring speedway back to the city. You will understand that I can't say anymore, but the campaign continues to put the Hull Vikings back on track....

Very best wishes for that. :t:

I remember Tony Childs well. :t:

Did not get to Hull much but was there when England took on the might of the US and Hull rider Mad Frank Auffrett beat the golden boy Bruce Penhall. My wife was not amused :)

I've tried to send you a PM but it says that you can't receive anymore messages. I don't know if you've reached your limit, but if you could PM me an e-mail address or a way to contact you, that would be great.

Many thanks.

Hull must be a prime site - its a sports town - the council must be sympathetic and theres loads of less than prime land to the east of the city to build a Scunny/Redcar type facility

if Mr Mauger wishes to take things forward I'm sure BSF members would petition the council.

I remember the legendary legtrailer Mick Mitchell at the old D-shaped Hedon track in the 1940s.

When Hull dropped out of the league in mid-season, 1949 (yes, it happened then, even in the glory times) their licence was taken over by Swindon Robins.

Mick Mitchell went to Blunsdon as part of the deal.