British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton Hitman 2014

I'll take your word for the fact that the track was not doctored.

I think you will find that I said that the track 'bordered on dangerous' and looking back to my updates that day described it is as 'unsafe'. If the photographs of the holes on the first bend that day are evidence, it maybe possible for me to obtain them because I know pictures were taken.

If you are 'fed up' with people saying the track is dangerous I am hardly likely to be the first, am I ?

As to my source, if it is possible to read the Kent facebook page for that day, do so.

As I have been to every track in the country in the last couple of years (and 23 this season) I can definitely confirm that some are better than others. I am struggling to think, though, of the last time that fans were critical of Mildenhall, for example.

It is indeed my choice where I spend my money. It is also your choice how you treat paying customers.

I think you will find I was doing the updates that day.

There 6 were falls in the first 4 heats and it was a lot more than 'a bit slick and dusty'. As I have said supporters took pictures of the holes on the first bend where the track had worn away completely.

Why does doing the updates make you any more qualified to comment on the state of the track than another supporter who had paid to watch the meeting? Edited by RocketBen1

Why does doing the updates make you any more qualified to comment on the state of the track than another supporter who had paid to watch the meeting?

I dont think HT claims to be more qualified, he is giving his opinion, wether or not people agree is up to them, we all have opinions, and i tend to believe on the whole HT tends to give a genuine unbiased view.

• Like 2

As I have been to every track in the country in the last couple of years (and 23 this season) I can definitely confirm that some are better than others. I am struggling to think, though, of the last time that fans were critical of Mildenhall, for example.

Well Buxton have been to Mildenhall on more than one occasion where bits of metal and large stones have been picked up by the riders and the team manager whilst walking the track - not a fan issue but definitely a rider one!!

Don't know how it can be said that the track for last years Buxton v Kent was dangerous. Steve Boxall was flying until an unfortunate coming together on the backstreight ruled him out the rest of the meeting. Connor Coles ditto, but experienced lots of mechanical problems when well placed. Jack Kingston had plenty of falls due to youthful exuberance (was motioning to him to calm down during his later races) and Ben won Ht.15.

Track was a bit slick and dusty as it was a scorching day, but nothing out of the ordinary. Think somebody looked at updates and made an assumption

Looking forward to revisiting this Sunday

Why does doing the updates make you any more qualified to comment on the state of the track than another supporter who had paid to watch the meeting?

It doesn't.

But the post above says 'someone looked at the updates and made an assumption' when in fact I was doing them in the first place.

Well Buxton have been to Mildenhall on more than one occasion where bits of metal and large stones have been picked up by the riders and the team manager whilst walking the track - not a fan issue but definitely a rider one!!

I haven't mentioned what the riders and officials I know have said about Buxton in the past.

I could put Michael Lee's comments up as an example, though.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

It doesn't.

But the post above says 'someone looked at the updates and made an assumption' when in fact I was doing them in the first place.

I haven't mentioned what the riders and officials I know have said about Buxton in the past.

I could put Michael Lee's comments up as an example, though.

That's my point exactly its all down to opinion whether it be a rider, official or supporter. It doesn't mean that someone's opinion is fact that is an entirely different matter. I could give plenty of examples about other tracks but have other things to do. Incidentally although comments were attributed this year to Kevin Jolly regarding Mildenhalls' visit when challenged by Richard Moss he denied them and said that he didn't have a problem with the track.

I wouldn't worry too much about the state of the track (never been but also never heard a good word about it).

I would worry / rejoice more about the weather........looks shocking at Buxton on Sunday so cant see this one going ahead ?

Which leaves the tricky issue of.......

1. Will Kent have enough points for the play offs without it?

2. Will Kent push for a re-arranged fixture before the cut off?

We can write forever on opinions (we all have them and are entitled to them). Good, bad or indifferent, the track is the same for all 14 riders on the day. It comes down to the attitude of each and every one of them. Last year the CP track left a lot to be desired, however, this year it is more settled and more than one racing line has developed. Hopefully both home and away Sunday/Monday the sides will relish the task in hand, racing/entertaining. Stay safe one and all.

• Like 3

All tracks present a different challenge to riders,,, , thats why their form varies from track to track ..Obviously track curators are going to prepare a track to suit their own riders and the weaker teams like Buxton need all the help they can get.. I have been to Buxton when its been like a ploughed field, but if thats how they want it..Then tough get on with it ... You should have seen some of the tracks 60 yrs ago most of todays riders would not have got round the first bend...

• Like 1

Just as an aside but all team members pay to get in just like any other 'normal' fan. We do not receive concessions, free entry or anything like that...we are just normal fans who happen to take a phone along with us and text another fan sitting at a computer whilst we are there.

Speedway Updates is not affiliated with any organising body, nor the promoting teams at any track, we are just normal people doing a voluntary service for other fans. The opinions expressed in an update is just that, an opinion, just like a conversation you would have with the group you are sitting with....I usually get around the thorny issue of stating what a track is like by either not mentioning it at all or if pushed, saying I am not a rider so would not have a clue how it is going to ride (unless it is obviously tricky and riders appear to be struggling/are moaning etc).

We do try to be as professional as possible but as we rely on normal fans who are going to meetings to text (or update), sometimes the odd biased or jokey comment will come through.

Edited by crazysue