British Speedway Forum

Following on from what I said in the SGP about sportmanship, didnt notice any rider going over to check if any of the fallen riders where ok, wasnt at the meeting just watched it on the Tele, but it looks like this is the state of the sport at the moment when the top men in Britian, dont seem to care a toss about there fellow team mates.

Some of this riders will be riding together in the SWC in a few weeks, dosent seem to be much team spirit going around.

People saying Harris bailed out.... If that's the case he got more of a shove the bend before... Racing incident, tough call that could have went either way

what is a normal racing line??... Harris had no choice where he was as nicholls was along side him, surely he can't go straight on and not turn or try blast around the outside??

agree that the contact on bend 4 was heavier - possibly as so much speed had been scrubbed off at that point and the fact that Harris probably felt he could still clamp Nicholls and retain the lead?

Normal line as in he made a normal turn. Scott didnt run on past the corner or out wider with the aim to ride Harris out.

I do think Harris bailed but not with a view to get Scott excluded but because he realised he hadnt 'won' the position on the track he needed and had no other choice. His mistake not Scotts IMO.

agree that the contact on bend 4 was heavier - possibly as so much speed had been scrubbed off at that point and the fact that Harris probably felt he could still clamp Nicholls and retain the lead?

Normal line as in he made a normal turn. Scott didnt run on past the corner or out wider with the aim to ride Harris out.

I do think Harris bailed but not with a view to get Scott excluded but because he realised he hadnt 'won' the position on the track he needed and had no other choice. His mistake not Scotts IMO.

i think it could have gone either way... But there was definite contact, and enough to knock him off IMO... So I don't think he dived like most are saying... I'm sure nicholls would have been on the deck were the roles reversed.
  • Like 1

i think it could have gone either way... But there was definite contact, and enough to knock him off IMO... So I don't think he dived like most are saying... I'm sure nicholls would have been on the deck were the roles reversed.

I agree that anybody in that outside position would have ended up on the floor and there was contact.

Also although I think Harris was the primary cause I wasnt surprised to see Scott excluded.

Of course Scott possibly shouldnt have even been in the heat as he was lucky to get the all 4 earlier so perhaps the old saying of things even themselves out really is true!

• Like 1

Following on from what I said in the SGP about sportmanship, didnt notice any rider going over to check if any of the fallen riders where ok, wasnt at the meeting just watched it on the Tele, but it looks like this is the state of the sport at the moment when the top men in Britian, dont seem to care a toss about there fellow team mates.

Some of this riders will be riding together in the SWC in a few weeks, dosent seem to be much team spirit going around.

Riders coming over to check is the last thing that is required. That doesn't mean they don't care about the welfare of their rivals.

The ref called the only decision possible in the situation. Couldn't call a rerun with all 4, someone has to go. Nothing really to justify excluding Harris, only option was the charging inside rider, slightly influenced by being a tad out of control on bend 4. Would like to have seen Nicholls in the final.

Agree with you, from where I was standing it was right decision, I see Nicholls has taken to Twitter to vent his feelings, but like I say I thought it was the easiest decision the ref had to make all night.

• Like 1

Of course there was contact, Nicholls had edged ahead and entered the turn tight.. so he couldn't do anything else. Harris had the choice, he caused the contact.

• Like 3

I'm wondering if Stevebrum is top of the blocks as for some reason (heaven knows why) he seems to irritate people on here. :rofl:

Puts its only people that don't matter my lovely. :rofl:

I personally dont really see a problem with booing. Its just part of the sport .adds to the atmosphere if anything. Most riders take it as its ment which is a bit of banter.

• Like 4

I would have boo_ed. Ben Bonkers if I had been there. But I do not want to see anyone hurt or injured.

Ben has form with my team from last year, so will always be seen as the panto villain at Armadale from now on, since James Grieves has retired.

He received such a welcome last Friday and smiled and waved in the face of it.

We still clapped when he won heat 1 but cheered loudest when he tasted the shale in Heat 15.

I would be delighted to see Ben run an Olympic (5duck eggs) every meeting.

Good natured booing is fine without any venom or malice.

I would have boo_ed. Ben Bonkers if I had been there. But I do not want to see anyone hurt or injured.

Ben has form with my team from last year, so will always be seen as the panto villain at Armadale from now on, since James Grieves has retired.

He received such a welcome last Friday and smiled and waved in the face of it.

We still clapped when he won heat 1 but cheered loudest when he tasted the shale in Heat 15.

I would be delighted to see Ben run an Olympic (5duck eggs) every meeting.

Good natured booing is fine without any venom or malice.

you do seem a tad obsessed with Barker though, In a juvenile way :)
  • Like 1

Only because Ben pinched all my crayons at kindergarten last week. Mind you he missed out on the lollipops because he threw his trike down at the first corner in the playground. The teacher (Mrs Rosco) says he needs to straighten his face and stop greetin` or he won't get invited to the big party

• Like 1

Maybe a bit harsh as we can't always see what happens back in the pits etc. but I do know that riders are not encouraged to run onto the track to see fallen riders, so that medical staff can attend to the faller without interference.

• Like 1

:D I would think so.

Only those who don't matter - or post bull.(your words) :t:

Could i have enjoyed a Glasgow v THEM meeting without the booing of Saunders / Schott / Carr / Sneddon etc etc , i think not .

• Like 1