British Speedway Forum
brewer

14 Home And Away League

These will (patently) be the League Cup groups. Surely you don't want a straight repeat as doubled-up league fixtures as well?

Definitely not! If there has to be additional fixtures they must not be from the same LC group.

Could Peterborough be a potential inclusion? OK this only takes it to 12 home and away.

• Like 1

don't give them ideas lets just sit back and marvel at the answer when we get it

Said it would be worth waiting for..........this defies description it would be :rofl::rofl::rofl: if it wasn't so :sad::sad::sad:

When I read the initial press release I did wonder how it would be done, now we can see it beggars belief, can someone explain why, the last two seasons have run to the wire time wise, already promoters are worried about doubling up clashes, , especially now it looks like el/bl gets priority, as someone else has mentioned why not run fours qualifiers on similar lines to the league cup, 4 groups 3 top tea.s go through so 4 teams in final, but make it full 1-7s.

They are going to use the same system as the EL used, each team nominates 3 opponents and the extra fixtures are worked out from there.

Last season was a joke considering Glasgow didn't even run enough matches to cover the season ticket cost!! And we had a few filler matches at that.

Some teams had so many gaps that they were running twice a month.

The fours won't be back as the southern promoters lost money.

The experiment in 2011 if it had been thought through better was a good compromise so I suppose this latest version of it is fine.

Edited by DW

Every fan loved the 4s qualifiers they had years ago and you read comments every year about it.

These are different meeting creating excitement for fans but for some reason promoters don't seam to like the idea.

I would rather see local 4s qualifiers than meaningless meetings or extra league meetings against the same old teams.

And at least you would get the right teams in the final and just run a final rather than the semis on the same day creating a long drawn out meeting lasting hours

Every fan loved the 4s qualifiers they had years ago and you read comments every year about it.

These are different meeting creating excitement for fans but for some reason promoters don't seam to like the idea.

I would rather see local 4s qualifiers than meaningless meetings or extra league meetings against the same old teams.

And at least you would get the right teams in the final and just run a final rather than the semis on the same day creating a long drawn out meeting lasting hours

Fans in the north loved them, especially over a weekend. In the south we didn't care -- you don't get much local derby excitement when Plymouth are in four-team qualifier at Ipswich on a Thursday night.

Also(and fans have to consider this as the main reason they'll never be reinstated)promoters have to fund travel and top-up points money for three away fixtures out of the proceeds from only one home meeting. In this day and age, the sums don't add up.

• Like 1

When I read the initial press release I did wonder how it would be done, now we can see it beggars belief, can someone explain why, the last two seasons have run to the wire time wise, already promoters are worried about doubling up clashes, , especially now it looks like el/bl gets priority, as someone else has mentioned why not run fours qualifiers on similar lines to the league cup, 4 groups 3 top tea.s go through so 4 teams in final, but make it full 1-7s.

But it wouldn't be the 4's then. ;)

I thought the 3 extra fixtures where teams picked their opponents was introduced at AGM because Leicester were moving up to Elite and as there would be one less Premier club and therefore fewer fixtures. Now that Peterborough are joining the Premier, I assume the stupid pick your opponents for 3 extra matches will be dropped.

I thought the 3 extra fixtures where teams picked their opponents was introduced at AGM because Leicester were moving up to Elite and as there would be one less Premier club and therefore fewer fixtures. Now that Peterborough are joining the Premier, I assume the stupid pick your opponents for 3 extra matches will be dropped.

Assume nothing where the BSPA are concerned

I bl**dy well hope so. I have never heard anything so daft in all my life. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 1

I bl**dy well hope so. I have never heard anything so daft in all my life. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You've obviously never heard of the Conference system in American sport then Ian. Standard fayre in a lot of sports.

You've obviously never heard of the Conference system in American sport then Ian. Standard fayre in a lot of sports.

Absolutely correct. Best way to go, in fact let's demand fifteen home/away now!

• Like 1

So this idea is dafter than winning a League title on the play off system?

• Like 1