British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

its all turning to s**t really now. what with Holder and all the stuff at Brum. EL rider and manager wages are obviously too low for anybody to be arsed. they have increasing domestic overheads like the rest of us. BSPA t**ts have f**ked up yet again. hope they dont get the Sky contract as they are w****kers. quite happy with GP's and Euros on a free myself.

You come across as a real articulate person. Someone who does everything on the cheap!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'd hope not..though i'm sure the uk born partner (who may even be his wife now i dunno) and child may give them enough wiggle room to drag a few more months out of any red-tape they might come across.

Saying that, i can see him being based in Poland - doesn't he ride for Torun ? Ryan Sullivan lived quite happily in Torun for a good few years...and in light of old Kks's team going down the swannee for 2014, maybe he'll be back over there aswell.

To be fair, i couldnt give a toss - like someone said earlier..one less person waffling "yeh i'm stoked" in every spoken or written interview is good with me.

Just wondering why you would hope not? I can't see what your problem is, after all he's hardly likely to be claiming benefits!

• Like 3

Just because he can't be fitted in at Poole doesn't mean he can't ride in the UK, does it?

basically its code for "not even poole can afford what i want"

therefore no one else can afford him either

• Like 1

He doesn't want to ride in England or Poole next season. Sad times but I look forward to seeing a fully race fit Chris back in Britain and im sure that will be sometime next year.

Can he stay in the UK if he's not working?

Nicki Pedersen lives in Stevenage

Nicki Pedersen lives in Stevenage

He is a european so can live wherever he wishes in Europe. Chris Holder is a foreigner who needs a work permit to live here. Big difference.

Chris will continue to live in Poole when he and his family return in February!! He will ride any individual or challenge meetings in UK if he is invited to, just not the EL.

His fitness and recuperation are well on course and he is due back on a bike as soon as he's back in Oz this week!!

• Like 2

I'd hope not..though i'm sure the uk born partner (who may even be his wife now i dunno) and child may give them enough wiggle room to drag a few more months out of any red-tape they might come across.

Saying that, i can see him being based in Poland - doesn't he ride for Torun ? Ryan Sullivan lived quite happily in Torun for a good few years...and in light of old Kks's team going down the swannee for 2014, maybe he'll be back over there aswell.

To be fair, i couldnt give a toss - like someone said earlier..one less person waffling "yeh i'm stoked" in every spoken or written interview is good with me.

Thats just it, you don't know, so why make the comment? Basically, its just something to say..

• Like 1

Nothing against Chris Holder but it grates at me that riders openly come out at say that British speedway is bottom of the pile.

Maybe riders perception of the EL is justified but id prefer if they didn't air that to the media.

What is certain is that Britain is top of list when it comes to developing their skills in a league format. The poles don't want to know then do they? We are just seen as a 'feeder' league.

We've helped develop overseas talent for years, possibly at the expense of our own so let this close season be a lesson.

Let's not worry too much about Holder, Lindgren and whoever else isnt going to ride here and lets hope we can create our own stars and a better future.

• Like 4

So what if it is. Would you work longer hours for less money if you had alternatives which paid a lot better??

Exactly.

Who can blame Chris for looking after himself. He did a good stint here and deserves respect for that.

He probably won't be the last bailing out on UK speedway.

The money has dried up and riders will move on to more lucrative pastures.

Good luck to them.

Now it's up to us to produce our own Pawel Przedpelskis and Anton Rosens.

We have made a start even if it's a bit of a muddle.

Lads like Chris may be doing British Speedway a big favour by not riding here in the league.

It might make us take investing in homegrown riders a bit more seriously.

I am sure Chris will appear at some stage in the UK. Either when someone has a big individual meeting or when Poole have figured out a way to put him in at #6 for the play offs. :rofl:

• Like 2

People don't realise how much concentration it takes to ride in three leagues and still give your best. There is a lot more to it than simply turning up and getting on a bike...There are plenty of riders who feel that their optimum is around 55-60 meetings a year before their form drops off. Riders like Hans Andersen who can keep up a hectic schedule as they get older are the exceptions.

Freddie Lindgren has made it quite clear that his reason for quitting Britain is so he has more time to prepare for his GP commitments, and Chris said he took his decision after talking to other senior riders. Looking back we have seen a number eventually leaving British speedway as they got older. In fact if I remember correctly Gollob didn't even do Sweden last year. Greg only came last season because he lost his job in Poland when his team missed the play-offs. Most only want to ride here when the Continental seasons are coming to an end.

Looking at Chris 'record and Freddie's record in Britain I don't think either of them have ever really let anybody down and its a bit churlish to criticise them now. Both are great riders but this is how it will be for British speedway for the foreseeable future. Its not just points money , the sponsorship is far better on the continent.and overheads are lower.

• Like 6

chrs does not want to go backwards...he needs good apponents. to race against,......NOT national league riders

yet another nail in the coffin

But what about "our entertainment". Where does money come into it, after all plenty of people on here tell us these guys risk their lives for

"our entertainment".

I am starting to wonder if these guys don't really have this burning desire to entertain me and really only do it for the money!!!!

• Like 2