British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

I think that the BSPA are waiting for the good folk on this Forum to sort the Format out for them. THAT explains why they haven't announced anything yet. :shock::blink:

• Like 3

I think that the BSPA are waiting for the good folk on this Forum to sort the Format out for them. THAT explains why they haven't announced anything yet. :shock::blink:

Is that the format that all the teams fans agree with and then the Poole fans one is adopted :)

You may mock, but if the BSPA had two brain cells to rub together they would have put together a template and asked fans to complete a heat format with justification of how they have laid it out.

For example, in the format above, the home #1 meets the away #5 three times. That may be a good or a bad thing, depending on your point of view.

Matt K good spot. If I alter heat 1 to 1 3 v 1 4 and heat 3 to 4 5 v 3 5 . It would solve that problem. Personally, think the BSA made the statement about keeping the reserves away from the heat leaders without realising how difficult it is to do. Especially if every rider goes out of all four gates during the meeting.

Matt K good spot. If I alter heat 1 to 1 3 v 1 4 and heat 3 to 4 5 v 3 5 . It would solve that problem. Personally, think the BSA made the statement about keeping the reserves away from the heat leaders without realising how difficult it is to do. Especially if every rider goes out of all four gates during the meeting.

The price of segregating reserves is that you also segregate heat leaders. While that could make for some great racing I just wonder how it'll go down with some riders.

Didn't you read the post? It's easily achievable. A half decent second string will average 7+ it's asking for a promoter with a will to win to take advantage.

I sincerely hope they all have the will to win

The more you read about formats etc the more madness it seems.

What the bloody hell are they going to average wise in 2015.

Do try to keep up Cr. already been said that the reserves rides won't give them averages due to the selective opposition.

• Like 1

Do try to keep up Cr. already been said that the reserves rides won't give them averages due to the selective opposition.

Sorry it wasn't meant to be about the reserves average but the riders at 2 & 4 who get easier rides than a rider at 1,3 & 5 so could easily end up with a higher average but an inferior rider.

For example a no 1 rides 3 times againgst Iversen & Bjerre.

• Like 1

How about doing away with fixed gates then? Just alternate gates 1&3 and 2&4 every heat so each team gets 7 of each in the programmed races. The team mates then pick the gates they'd like form the two. Darcy may think, "I'm a crap gater anyway, I'll let my team mate have the good gate and I'll race for my points" while a gater like say, Bjarne (more so that most others before anyone jumps in) may pick the better gate to be sure of the 3 points. Adds a further team element and something for the team manger to look out for.

Sorry it wasn't meant to be about the reserves average but the riders at 2 & 4 who get easier rides than a rider at 1,3 & 5 so could easily end up with a higher average but an inferior rider.

For example a no 1 rides 3 times againgst Iversen & Bjerre.

Isn't it much the same as the current heat format? A second string has a good spell and moves up the averages, taking over a heat leader spot where he has harder rides and either settles in or drops back down again. Don't see the problem.

Isn't it much the same as the current heat format? A second string has a good spell and moves up the averages, taking over a heat leader spot where he has harder rides and either settles in or drops back down again. Don't see the problem.

The current format you have 1 harder race (heat 13) or if you drop down one easier race (heat 2) but this format you'll have 3 harder races. It will make a massive difference.

Be interesting to see who picks up Chris Harris on a 5.00 average in 2015....

The SGP wildcard club will probably be first..

How about doing away with fixed gates then? Just alternate gates 1&3 and 2&4 every heat so each team gets 7 of each in the programmed races. The team mates then pick the gates they'd like form the two. Darcy may think, "I'm a crap gater anyway, I'll let my team mate have the good gate and I'll race for my points" while a gater like say, Bjarne (more so that most others before anyone jumps in) may pick the better gate to be sure of the 3 points. Adds a further team element and something for the team manger to look out for.

I like this in principle, and tactically it makes for more interest. The trouble is persuading the top riders to take a worse gate if they see a risk to their earning potential. Often on this forum people reference back to the higher averages riders attained in the 70's and 80's. One of the factors was that the top riders invariably took the best gates. I suspect when a top rider is up against a rider of a similar level he will resort to demanding the better gate position.

I think it adds far more strategy, but I'm not convinced the better riders will fully buy in to it. They shouldn't have a choice, but they will.

• Like 2