British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

Big question is "Will the Elite League last 5 years?"

Guess you're unhappy that new deal has been announced eh?

Great news that speedway is to be screened again on sky. But now wait for all the negative comments to come. Each and everyone speedway fan should be happy that it's going to be back on but something tells me that it won't be like it ! It's great news that should be embraced. Well my glass is half full 😃😃

• Like 2

The "speedway" word was just used by Henk Potts on Talksport.

Unless speedway attendances are up in March I shall be writing the radio station a strongly worded letter, placing the blame fairly and squarely at their door!

• Like 2

I'm delighted with the news.

Great news that speedway is to be screened again on sky. But now wait for all the negative comments to come. Each and everyone speedway fan should be happy that it's going to be back on but something tells me that it won't be like it ! It's great news that should be embraced. Well my glass is half full

No negativity from me - great news!!! :t:

• Like 1

Cancelled my subscription when they started charging me full price again ! so no advantage to me that they are showing it again, however I do still have Eurosport, so I will still get the main meetings ( the SGP's) and quite possibly the Swedish League this season, I would also have to say that it is hardly an earth shattering 6 of the best line up that they are announcing this morning, it would'nt tempt me back at full price for that lot.

GETTING back on topic ... this could actually be THE week!

Again?

"Could", as in "maybe", or "perhaps", or "possibly"...or as in "not at all"? I suppose sooner or later something will be announced, so by the laws of probability, if you keep on predicting it, eventually you will be right.

been reading your spin on the tv deal for months all we've heard is soon or this week no let's wait for it next week I've come to the conclusion you no bugger all . Bored stiff with reading your spin when all any speedway fans wants to no is there a deal or no deal ,

Nigel Pearson has just announced new 5 year deal for speedway on SkySports

Announced on sky sports news too.

It's on the Sky Sports News Breaking News ticker!

Great News!

So now it becomes obvious why there was the delay.

Its results day for Sky and they at the same time announced the renewal of 6 of their deals.

Part of their strategy to say look at us - sign up.

Let's hope the doubters and knockers will apologise and then dissapear whimpering, like a whimpering thing........

And TWK will enjoy watching live speedway on Sky.... Despite not being against it being shown per se...... :P

Edited by The Abbott
  • Like 5

Mum got a half price sky deal before Xmas. But she been subscriber for years. I canceled mine at same time and told them leaving due to their loss of sports. Gave me 25% off on rolling monthly contract.

GOT there in the end and, as suspected, Sky wanted to lump it in with other deals. Just disappointed that they and the BSPA wouldn't sanction a release in Speedway Star today. There will be interviews with Terry Russell, Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum next week.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 2

Nigel Pearson has just announced new 5 year deal for speedway on SkySports

:cheers: ....and there's dancing in the streets :party:Truly fantastic news.

They wanted to announce speedway alongside egg chasing, Scottish football and WWE!

I've a good mind to complain about your post Matt, don't think i've ever been so misled and let down in all my life. I just went over to the Sky site and Googled but nowhere do i see anything to back up your claim. That's a cruel false post as i see no sign of me EGG CHASING waaaaaah!

Big question is "Will the Elite League last 5 years?"

Hee hee hee.

Rejoice!

Heartily for sure. Thank you Sky and all involved in negotiating.

Let's hope the doubters and knockers will apologise and then dissapear whimpering, like a whimpering thing........

Try not to lynch too many as i think a lot of fans were moaning about the delay in announcing the deal rather than one existing, especially after the Matt Ford false start.

Edited by manchesterpaul

GOT there in the end and, as suspected, Sky wanted to lump it in with other deals. Just disappointed that they and the BSPA would sanction a release in Speedway Star today. There will be interviews with Terry Russell, Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum next week.

This is something I find very odd, the press obviously had the info ready for release early today. How come the sports only dedicated magazine wasn't given the same privilege?

Guess you're unhappy that new deal has been announced eh?

Not bothered either way as I am Premier League man + the speedway shown on sky from Elite League has been crap for last few years anyway