British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

I know who I would sign..Blackbird and M.Tressairre(something like that!)..I liked him when he rode for us..great style and gave his all.

Edited by posh panther

I know who I would sign..Blackbird and M.Tressairo(something like that!)..I liked him when he rode for us..great style and gave his all.

Tresaraiu wont be incredible to watch the EOES. :approve:

Tuesday racenight will be a disaster as it will clash with Posh games and also champions league games on T.V and stuff. I dont see the big deal about North myself..are Polish riders allowed in prem?if so why not?If I was the new promotion the first thing I would do is promote the product to the massive Peterborough Polish contingient and try and run on friday or sunday.

There's been a few Poles that have ridden in the PL . So there's no barrier for that happening

Tresarrieu was box office a couple of seasons ago in the Elite League, perfect style for our track... wouldn't mind him back again instead of Bager!

Tresarrieu was box office a couple of seasons ago in the Elite League, perfect style for our track... wouldn't mind him back again instead of Bager!

what would his average be?

7 something I guess..He was a very similar rider to Kylmakorpi last season..must be the Longtrack that makes them tilt the bike so much..both are great to watch and thats what its all about for me...also what about Norbi?maybe give Rye house a miss but would be good at Berwick and Sheffield!

Edited by posh panther

There's been a few Poles that have ridden in the PL . So there's no barrier for that happening

thought poles couldn't ride in PL?? For some reason??

7 something I guess..He was a very similar rider to Kylmakorpi last season..must be the Longtrack that makes them tilt the bike so much..both are great to watch and thats what its all about for me...also what about Norbi?maybe give Rye house a miss but would be good at Berwick and Sheffield!

thought his average was 5.84 ???

thought poles couldn't ride in PL?? For some reason??

poles can ride on acu licence ,

5.84!??get him in then..no brainer...Also..its a shame the screen machine didnt give it another season..would have liked to seen the big lad racing at the showground again.

Edited by posh panther
  • Like 1

By any yard stick Premier League is second tier. Some may well for reasons best known to themselves prefer it. I have to say from what I have seen the racing has been pretty good. However would those who support The Posh prefer to be in Div 2 because you perceive the Football to be better?. What Premier League means is that we are not at the Sharp End and will no longer see the Top Riders.( such as they are). I am willling to concede that MH has saved Panthers but can any one doubt that his main loyalty is now with Coventry.

Fisher 9.52

Ostergaard 6.52

Tressarieu 5.84

North 6.55

Bjerre 7.44

Branford 3.00

Jacobs 3.53

I'd say that's a winner winner, chicken dinner of a team!

• Like 4

5.84!??get him in then..no brainer...Also..its a shame the screen machine didnt give it another season..would have liked to seen the big lad racing at the showground again.

You could go

1. Ryan Fisher 9.52

2. mathieu tresarrieu 5.84

3. Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52

4. Dakota North 6.55

5. Lasse Bjerre 7.44

6. NL 3 POINTER

7. Nicki Barrett 3.60

You could go

1. Ryan Fisher 9.52

2. mathieu tresarrieu 5.84

3. Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52

4. Dakota North 6.55

5. Lasse Bjerre 7.44

6. NL 3 POINTER

7. Nicki Barrett 3.60

Kinda reminds me of the 2008 Poole team except obviously in the PL :P

Fisher 9.52

Ostergaard 6.52

Tressarieu 5.84

North 6.55

Bjerre 7.44

Branford 3.00

Jacobs 3.53

I'd say that's a winner winner, chicken dinner of a team!

Could well win second tier

2. Henning Bager 5.30

Why :rolleyes:

Peterborough speedway ran sucessfully for 30 years on a Friday night!

Therefore Friday night remains the best night for speedway at the Showground when many people don't have to get up for work the next day and there is no school!

Like others have said, speedway ran successfully for many years on Fridays including times when events were being set up for the weekend. Why it became a problem all of a sudden is crazy, although I suspect new management with different ideas probably had something to do with that!

Premier League speedway on a Friday night with the club being ran properly will in my opinion see the venue become viable again, but running midweek at Peterborough is the main reason why the place has struggled for the last 13 or so years!

H&S gone mad? Other events not wanting speedway to be included? Lack of entrances etc apart from at big events? Seems to be one way in and one way out generally. The EoES is nothing like the huge standalone place it was for those 30 years.

the first thing I would do is promote the product to the massive Peterborough Polish contingient and try and run on friday or sunday.

Thought we'd tried that, they're not interested.

Edited by Crump99