British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

And see a total mismatch, piss off the kids and folks like you then complain about the poor standard of British kids. Nah thanks.

This has got little to do with bringing on the kids, we all know that. My comment was ride against each other at a similar level. If they had implemented this in the PL the kids would still get plenty of track time. In my opinion would improve quicker riding against all opposition. Those British riders that have shown potential over recent seasons are frozen out, replaced by novices that are so out go their depth they have to have their own races. Nah thanks.

• Like 1

According to Mark Plummer for the Peterborough Evening Telegraph a rider signing announcement on Christmas Eve and then another on Boxing Day....

Source Twitter - @PTMarkPlummer

All can say is I hope the EL fans like a junior meeting thrown in to the main meeting AND it counts towards the Result.Some EL FANS wouldn't attend PL MEETING never mind a NATIONAL LEAGUE MEETING .Sorry if of topic,that was my last word on this subject in this thread.

According to Mark Plummer for the Peterborough Evening Telegraph a rider signing announcement on Christmas Eve and then another on Boxing Day....

lets hope there's not a bager size hole left

• Like 1

Ash birks is fixed up in PL. Would he be a panthers target????

For the umpteenth time, for your and Vincent's eyes, read the rules. RESERVES DON"T RACE AGAINST THE TOP MAN. Is that clear now ?

No we won't , read above.

Having been away some time minus a lap-top and not bothering with internet cafes, I haven't read every thread on this forum so, instead of shouting reserves won't ride against the top guys how about saying 'this won't happen because this IS happening' rather then 'it won't happen because this ISN'T happening'. Reserves have taken the rides of injured riders in the past so presumably this is no longer the case and an alternative rule has come in to cover R/R for the third fourth and fifth average riders.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 3

A lot of sense in that one Hodgy....how you doin ok?....long time since the Panthers forum days..swords drawn...Lol....of course I had Big prefix then....

Hey Big'en, all good here thanks. We used to have some good banter on the original forum. Problem on here is all threads end up as an argument, rather than a discussion based on personal opinion.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Ash birks is fixed up in PL. Would he be a panthers target????

Has Ash re signed for us Scorpions yet then???

Diamonds

Just added Newcastle to the list of tracks I want to go to next year (subject to fixture list) to be negotiated with she who must be given the impression she is obeyed.

Now, the last (and only time ) I visited Newcastle Speedway was in the early '80 between wives!! and before kids!! Those days I followed Birmingham Speedway.

I drove from Northampton via Birmingham to Newcastle and back to Northampton via Birmingham after the match - getting home just in time to go to work the next day. After taking current wife to Glasgow Speedway and back on the same day (following Peterborough) - I no longer get away with those sorts of trips.

So I can add a sweetener to the negotiations what are the decent places to stay and eat in Newcastle? Other half likes comfort and we both have a preference for good Chinese or Japanese.

As next year's a very hectic year - something to do with the current wife remaining in place for 25 years - apparently I get some sort of silver award.

Tel (this has been proof read and approved by she who must be consulted so don't blame me for typo's)

Plenty of eateries in the metro centre (not sure about Chinese but I think there's a Yo Sushi outlet). Have stayed in the travel lodge silverlink which is quite handy for the track and across the road from a shopping centre.

• Like 1

New rider tomorrow but I think you might have read it wrong for boxing day

Both in Poland and Denmark youngsters get time on track that we can't get in this country. The more track time a kid gets he improves faster. Remember the saying "practice makes perfect". Works with most things BTW.

You're talking about British mentality kids here who think they've made it when they get a van with their name on the side, and extra practice would only take up valuable drinking time and talking to girls. Practice does not make perfect if they haven't got the real talent in the first place. Is the objective a WTC squad or EL full of British 6 pointers?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Crump 99, you assume wrong. Started at Lynn in 68, although some would say I don't look old enough LOL. Think Bager is off the menu, with younger options at the bottom end.

Tuesday raceday , not so good for away support but a regular racenight might bring a few fans back

Crump 99, you assume wrong. Started at Lynn in 68, although some would say I don't look old enough LOL.

ok :)

I would say that they know what forums are like and those that use them are only a small minority of their crowd anyway so why anyone gets worked up I don't know.. They quote the good, don't read the negative or dislike what they do become aware of all in equal measure when it suits - that's the internet for ya ;)

Klindt a possibility?

Jeez I hope not, next step a Bager or Dryml.