British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

If that figure is correct hans fan, we were a long way short of breaking even, because we didn't get near that figure towards the end of the season. In the middle of the season the crowds were below 1000. Knock off all the freebies, & the gate receipts must have been shocking.

Is that a yes or a no?

Does it matter.

Suggest you don't base a business plan on something 8 year old, and also read the comments on here from your own fans. They are realistic.

The amount of freeloaders come the end of last season was beyond a joke, more cars inside the tracks grounds than outside, that needs to change this season IMO.

• Like 4

The amount of freeloaders come the end of last season was beyond a joke, more cars inside the tracks grounds than outside, that needs to change this season IMO.

This is one way Speedway Promoters could get a grip. There are far too many people who get in to Speedway Tracks for NOTHING. :mad: :mad:

This has been going on for as long as I have been going to Speedway (forty years) and must have been going on long before that. Every person who gets in free - apart from those who are entitled to - is putting another nail in Speedway's coffin.

I honestly believe that ALL freebies should be stopped apart from Promotional Events.

Speedway simply cannot afford freeloaders. :mad: :mad:

• Like 4

This is one way Speedway Promoters could get a grip. There are far too many people who get in to Speedway Tracks for NOTHING. :mad: :mad:

This has been going on for as long as I have been going to Speedway (forty years) and must have been going on long before that. Every person who gets in free - apart from those who are entitled to - is putting another nail in Speedway's coffin.

I honestly believe that ALL freebies should be stopped apart from Promotional Events.

Someone fairly high up in speedway told me that in Australia everyone pays to get in, but track workers and the like go and get it redeemed after the meeting. Not too sure how practical that is in the UK, but it does make you think. Riders of course could do there bit, instead of bringing in all of their community in their vans. Why should any previous rider be allowed in free and bring his mate, and especially why be allowed to stand in the pits presumably with a free proggie in their hand. Fans who pay to get in can see the freeloaders and it upsets a lot of people.

• Like 2

most tracks try and stop the freeloaders, as far as i am aware the only people who should get in for free are riders, mechanics and track staff. most clubs allow 1 mechanic and one guest with each rider but trying to enforce this can be a nightmare as they hide in vans that are kitted out with beds etc and without completely searching every van as they go through the pitgate sometimes 2-3 can sneak in on every van. 14 vans with say 2 sneaking in can cost a club charging £15 entry is £420 in lost revenue to each club each meeting. stamp this out and it can make a small difference over a season. track staff all get in free and i think this is fair as they as far as i can see work hard but i have seen them going into tracks with a car full and their friends/family go straight to the stand and dont pay entry. this should also be stamped out as it cost the club. after these important people are in everyone else should be sent to the gate and made to pay entry.

With the incredible season ticket prices from the new management, everybody can afford to pay this year. The ironic thing reference admission prices, is that 1 or 2 posters on here who claim its a £10 sport, dont pay to get in anyway !

Easy to make such a judgement but take a look at the number of sponsors including individuals who paid more than double the price of the basic season ticket. TheseST holders were allowed them to park inside the Showground - good business for the Panthers. Add Blue Badges, track staff, catering/bar staff, stewards etc. and the numbers of freebies might not be so many.

Regardless of the number of freebie it was Frost's choice as he was clearly picking up the bill!

some

Does it matter.

Suggest you don't base a business plan on something 8 year old, and also read the comments on here from your own fans. They are realistic.

Well yes it does really. The original point I disagreed with was that Panthers belong in the Prem but suddenly I've got to finance the situation and the bloke you couldn't stop putting the boot into, who won naff all in 5 years despite his wealth and Panthers own resources is suddenly your example of efficient promotion. Of course the fans point to the crowd, what do you expect with that record. Frost made some bad choices from the off and continued to do so until Sullivan arrived so is it any wonder he made a loss. Anyway, I bow to your Panthers experience, I've only been going 30+ years myself and hope to be realistic one day!

Edited by Crump99

Easy to make such a judgement but take a look at the number of sponsors including individuals who paid more than double the price of the basic season ticket. TheseST holders were allowed them to park inside the Showground - good business for the Panthers. Add Blue Badges, track staff, catering/bar staff, stewards etc. and the numbers of freebies might not be so many.

Regardless of the number of freebie it was Frost's choice as he was clearly picking up the bill!

It's always been a problem for every promotion, I must be honest and say it didn't look like Peterborough were on top of it but as someone said if the boss doesn't mind why should we.

I liked the every one paid in the Australia quote and staff were refunded afterwards, remains to be seen if Horton changes things but I seriously doubt it will happen.

The vast majority of those who are allowed to park inside the grounds are paying customers..

Well yes it does really. The original point I disagreed with was that Panthers belong in the Prem but suddenly I've got to finance the situation and the bloke you couldn't stop putting the boot into, who won naff all in 5 years despite his wealth and Panthers own resources is suddenly your example of efficient promotion. Of course the fans point to the crowd, what do you expect with that record. Frost made some bad choices from the off so is it any wonder he made a loss. Anyway, I bow to your Panthers experience, I've only been going 30+ years myself and hope to be realistic one day!

Ha Ha. And i'm the one supposed to be 'putting the boot into' Frost. I have a lot of respect for Rick but speedway was just not for him.

You never will be

Ha Ha. And i'm the one supposed to be 'putting the boot into' Frost. I have a lot of respect for Rick but speedway was just not for him.

You never will be

At least I stick to the point rather than twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. You're so clever you want to be careful your foot doesn't fall off!

I said they made some bad choices which is true given the facts. Not that they couldn't make it work. In fact they did at the end but then left us despite positive vibes.

So there you go Rick or Julie if you read this, if you really are thinking of a return one day as stated in the Jan 11 Speedway Star article, the northern oracle says that your not up to the job.

The end!

Edited by Crump99

At least I stick to the point rather than twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. You're so clever you want to be careful your foot doesn't fall off!

I said they made some bad choices which is true given the facts. Not that they couldn't make it work. In fact they did at the end but then left us despite positive vibes.

So there you go Rick or Julie if you read this, if you really are thinking of a return one day as stated in the Jan 11 Speedway Star article, the northern oracle says that your not up to the job.

The end!

Clever enough to know I have never said that, and it is only YOU acting like a 'twisty turny thingy' trying to twist it to try to appear clever. Failed again then.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

The vast majority of those who are allowed to park inside the grounds are paying customers..

How come? Can anyone elect to pay and park closer to the track?