British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

I wonder!

Some interesting news lies ahead for the Panthers... Can't say much more.

Just so as I don't make plans, when is this exciting news expected?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Panthers home match against Newcastle on April 29th will be live on Sky Sports.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 6

Wonder what our riding order will be, IMO will be:

Fish

Blackbird

Ulrich

Lasse

Ales

Jacobs

Greenwood

I'd keep Lasse and Fish away from eachother in 13, as that could be interesting battle of the fence line!

Wonder what our riding order will be, IMO will be:

Fish

Blackbird

Ulrich

Lasse

Ales

Jacobs

Greenwood

I'd keep Lasse and Fish away from eachother in 13, as that could be interesting battle of the fence line!

Keep Fish away from Lasse? Is that all? I'd keep him away from most of the side if at all possible!! ;)

• Like 2

Keep Fish away from Lasse? Is that all? I'd keep him away from most of the side if at all possible!! ;)

What do you think ER ? do you think it is an exciting side i like the two reserves what do you think for there hopes for the season.? Edited by sidney

The Panthers look very strong Sid. Unbeaten at home and will some victories on the road too. Top 3 for sure.

The Panthers look very strong Sid. Unbeaten at home and will ###### some victories on the road too. Top 3 for sure.

I hope Peterbough do ok ER,i have had the odd snipe at peterborough Batchelor, NKI (ect) i hope they do well great track, and that track at its best is exciting love them to do well.

Horton = Genius

Well I rarely come on here but wondered where on earth I was when I read these two words anywhere remotely close to each other.

Of course then I read who posted it so that made me feel somewhat less confused and bewildered

• Like 1

Well I rarely come on here but wondered where on earth I was when I read these two words anywhere remotely close to each other.

Of course then I read who posted it so that made me feel somewhat less confused and bewildered

Shhhhh, don't wake it up.

• Like 1

we have another biter!! :o

• Like 1

Panthers bosses can’t thank the fans enough

Panthers supremo Mick Horton has issued a public thank-you to the club’s supporters.

Horton admits he has been touched by the positive response from supporters since his community-led consortium stepped in to save the club during the winter after agreeing a two-year leasehold deal with owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney.

He reports a sharp increase in season-ticket sales ahead of Panthers’ return to Premier League racing for the first time in 15 years and intends to repay the fans who have shown their loyalty to the club by delivering success on the track.

“Everyone at the club is raring to go,” said Horton. “From myself, to the joint team managers Trevor Swales and Blayne Scroggins, to the track-staff and the riders.

“And the response we’ve had from the fans has been nothing short of terrific.

“Season-tickets have been selling really well. We’re 30 per cent up on last season already and hopefully more will still be sold.

“I can promise the fans they are in for a treat. We’ve put a great team together and it is going to be a good year.”

Panthers, who are understood to have sold more than 150 season tickets, are 6/1 chances for Premier League title glory with bookmakers BetVictor. They make Edinburgh, Somerset and Workington 9/2 joint favourites.

The new era of racing gets under way on Tuesday, March 18 when Panthers entertain Rye House in the opening leg of the East of England Cup challenge trophy.

The city side’s first taste of competitive action follows on Tuesday, March 25 when they entertain Plymouth Devils in the Premier League Cup.

That meeting has been rescheduled from April 8 to avoid a clash with Posh, who are at home on that night.

Panthers’ first Premier League meeting - at home to Newcastle on Tuesday April 29 - will be beamed to the nation after being selected for broadcast by Sky Sports.

The club have put back the start time of their pre-season bash on Friday, March 14 to 8pm. The event at the East of England Showground will feature a question-and-answer session with riders and members of the management team, and a disco.

Admission is free but the club will ask for donations to be made to the Speedway Riders’ Benevolent Fund.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-bosses-can-t-thank-the-fans-enough-1-5918957

Edited by Flyin Panther

Gutted i will not be able to attend the Panthers pre-season bash, will be on holiday.

Yes you will - cancel the Holiday. :P

Priorities dear boy/girl, priorities. :o;)

The new era of racing gets under way on Tuesday, March 18 when Panthers entertain Rye House in the opening leg of the East of England Cup challenge trophy.

The city side’s first taste of competitive action follows on Tuesday, March 25 when they entertain Plymouth Devils in the Premier League Cup.

Thanks for dismissing Rye House as uncompetitive Mick, much appreciated.

Thanks for dismissing Rye House as uncompetitive Mick, much appreciated.

Don't think he meant that to be fair, and not how i read it..