British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

your win against a poor line up last nite has gone to your head

That's my dinner sorted tonight. All I need now is the chips, mushy peas & tartare sauce and I'm sorted Edited by Shadders

Harsh on Jacobs that he uses his place to Dilger. Especially when the averages meant that it was not needed! Looking forward to Tuesday now, Witches have a great chance for the win now :approve:

• Like 4

and into 2015.

Don't get ahead of yourself, it's Peterborough after all!

Harsh on Jacobs that he uses his place to Dilger. Especially when the averages meant that it was not needed! Looking forward to Tuesday now, Witches have a great chance for the win now :approve:

If this is true then why harsh? (assume they mean to ride for Mildenhall rather than miss Mildenhall meetings?)

“In fact Joe had indicated to the management that he wanted to miss as few meetings for Mildenhall in the coming weeks, something which would have caused us a problem as we have pencilled in two more Sunday home fixtures.”

Edited by Crump99

It’s all change for Panthers as three new riders come in
1609573267.jpg

Richard Hall has returned to the Panthers lair.

• by Mark Plummer

Published on the 14 August
10:42

Title hero Richard Hall is on his way back to Panthers as part of a dramatic triple team change.

Hall, a star of the city club’s unforgettable Elite League title triumph of 2006, has been handed a return to the sport after sitting out most of the current season.

He has not ridden since being released by Premier League rivals Redcar back in April after being hit with a 30-day suspension for kicking a rival rider following a crash.

League Cup finalists Panthers have also drafted in talented British rider Adam Roynon and German international Max Dilger to boost their bid for silverware and a play-off place.

Roynon’s career has been littered with serious injuries, but he remains a capable racer in the second tier and will be expected to chip in solidly from a second string role while former World Cup competitor Dilger is being tipped to leave past British form behind at reserve.

The injured duo of Ryan Fisher and Lewis Blackbird, and struggling reserve Joe Jacobs make way with the three incoming riders set to make their debuts in an East Anglian derby showdown against Ipswich at the East of England Showground on Tuesday (August 19).

Team boss Carl Johnson said: “We have taken our time to make what we feel are the right changes.

“We need a full-strength one-to-seven and we now have that – and I’m very pleased with the signings we’ve been able to make.

“Richard is a proven Premier League performer who was also a big fans’ favourite during his last spell with Peterborough.

“He loves the Showground and he is an out-and-out racer, which is what’s required at this level.

“He arrives with a point to prove after the incident earlier in the season and I know for a fact that he would love to win more trophies as a Panthers rider.

“Adam also has the potential to be a good signing providing he can steer clear of injuries. He will slot in at number two and has a tough job in replacing Lewis, who I felt was the best rider in that position in the league.

“Max is a rider on a false average as far as I’m concerned. He is an international rider who arrives with great pedigree and equipment, and will help to strengthen us at reserve.

“All three guys are coming in at a hugely important stage of the season and they will be made well aware of the fact they need to be firing from the word go.”

Panthers have been scouring the UK and Europe for new blood for several weeks since losing former number one Fisher to serious shoulder damage in early July.

Their injury problems increased when Blackbird suffered a broken left leg and ankle when making his debut in Danish speedway for the Grindsted club last Wednesday.

And club bosses have chosen to drop Jacobs for fear of him becoming burned out due to racing commitments in all three leagues in this country.

Johnson said: “We’ve soldiered on without Ryan for a few weeks by using rider replacement or guests, but there is no way that could continue.

“Losing Lewis to a bad injury that will more than likely end his season was a huge blow and that only served to increase our need to bring in new faces.

“I feel racing in three leagues has taken its toll physically and mechanically on Joe. It is never nice to release a young rider, but I feel it is the right thing to do for him at this stage.”

• Like 1

Hopefully we can take advantage next week and catch the new boys cold as they may need a few meetings to get up to speed

• Like 1

I agree that they may need a few meetings to get up to speed as I don't know how much Adam Roynon has ridden since being dropped from Plymouth, but the meeting at Ipswich he looked way of the pace. I know he had been out a while but he usually goes well around Foxhall. The same for Richard Hall, how much speedway has he actually ridden since April. Could be a good time to go to Peterborough. At least Joe Jacobs won't win the meeting for you and win heat 14 this time.

"Struggling reserve Joe Jacobs"? :shock: So this season Joe has put 0.56 on his average. Blackbird +1.49, Ostergaard +0.79, Bjerre +0.63, Dryml -0.91 Fisher - 1.63.

So I guess Joe was struggling just a touch more than Bjerre and Ostergaard? :mad:

Take it there must be money problems at the showground? Making these changes to make sure they don't make the playoffs. Total joke. :mad:

• Like 1

I have to say, I am somewhat underwhelmed by the 3 new signings :neutral:

• Like 3

I have to say, I am somewhat underwhelmed by the 3 new signings :neutral:

Good job that you live down the road and have got 6 fingers then :)

I've been underwhelmed all season tbh!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

A little unecessary. Emma is a reasonably regular contributor to your clubs coffers as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

A little unecessary. Emma is a reasonably regular contributor to your clubs coffers as far as I'm aware.

She'll not be surprised or offended by the response :)

Fair enough, and apologies for sticking my nose in in that case.

Not entirely sure what else Peterborough could have done? Replacing Blackbird and Fisher was always going to be difficult particularly Blackbird in my opinion due to the quality of his performances this season. It might take a bit for Hall and Roynon to get back in form but both know the showground pretty well. No idea abut the other signing though dont think I have ever seen him race, although I could be wrong!

Edited by SimonB
  • Like 1

Bang out of order......

The Thinnest of thin ice you muppet! :nono: